The Grove Theater and Basement Build - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #1321 of 1325 Old 12-28-2016, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Merry Christmas (late) Happy New Year (early)!!! Was just checking in to see if there were any updates.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1325 Old 12-29-2016, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Did you decide to use green glue at all for sound proofing? I've heard a lot of great things about it and am looking to possibly use it in my theater when I build soon.
post #1323 of 1325 Old 12-29-2016, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post
Merry Christmas (late) Happy New Year (early)!!! Was just checking in to see if there were any updates.

Regards,

RTROSE
Thanks for checking in RT. Unfortunately no major updates. Life and laziness have gotten in the way. I have put a couple of new panels up but not enough to warrant an update. I'll be sure to update when I have something I think is news worthy.

How are things going with your theater RT? Any changes or upgrades?

post #1324 of 1325 Old 12-29-2016, 07:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanice View Post
Thanks for checking in RT. Unfortunately no major updates. Life and laziness have gotten in the way. I have put a couple of new panels up but not enough to warrant an update. I'll be sure to update when I have something I think is news worthy.

How are things going with your theater RT? Any changes or upgrades?
Not really. I did move some equipment around due to the kids moving off to college. The kids area is now my workout area, and the workout area is now my office. I was able to move the 42" plasma down to the workout area, and the 54" plasma up to the family room so that's a bonus.

As far as upgrades, I will eventually make the 4k plunge, but as you know that will require a complete overhaul of the PJ, BR player, and AVR. For that I'll have to wait for some additional (disposable) income. Right now all of my disposable income (and more) goes directly to West Lafayette. I'm always looking so on my radar screen is the new offering from OPPO, the faux 4k PJ from Epson, and a Marantz 7011 AVR.

Oh and to top it all off Rythmik is coming out with a new ported 18" sub. So for about 6k I'm in like Flynn!

I WILL eventually get to the point where I do some room treatments, I have all the stuff, just need to get off my behind and do it.

Regards,

RTROSE

My (slower than molasses) HT build here.
Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
post #1325 of 1325 Old 12-29-2016, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharv2221 View Post
Did you decide to use green glue at all for sound proofing? I've heard a lot of great things about it and am looking to possibly use it in my theater when I build soon.
I did use green glue everywhere and would recommend its use even with the added cost and labor. If you do use green glue I recommend getting the large buckets and refillable dispenser. I think it saves time and costs vs. buying a bunch of ready use tubes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
4pi speakers , emotiva erd speakers , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier , ib sub , Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Playstation 3 160gb System , Speaker Systems , Xbox 360 250gb Console With Kinect , xbox one
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page