/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1357 Old 03-26-2012, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seeding music, surround, and corrected visual disk now...

Hope that helps!

Thanks for all the work you guys have done on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 07:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

Accidentally deleted my 62% download! I'll get back on tomorrow, but I'm a ways away from seeding....hopefully a bunch of you will stay on after yours is downloaded for a few days...

No worries. I'll keep mine seeding for at least a week. Seems like availability this morning was topping out at .723. I was sitting at .721 and just keeping .002 behind the availability, so it shouldn't be too horribly much longer before a bunch of us hit 1.000 and the speeds start cranking...
post #363 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronoron View Post

2 giant reasons.

1. Newsgroup downloads are mega fast. As soon as a few people download from newsgroup all torrenters would get many new seeders real quick. I thought I already explained that...

2. Because the seeder who would upload to the newsgroup could do so before the torrent starts. Then when Leo's ready to start the torrent the newsgroup nzb could be released & newsgroup uploader can start as torrent seeder. No "wasted" split uploading.

There's NO reason not to upload to newsgroups UNLESS no one will download & seed it. You guys are worrying way too much...

Yes, articles/files expire, but most are up to 2-3 years retention now.

Bolded for the caveat. It's still the initial upload that is the bottle neck. When I released my disc, with my upload maxed out, it took 3+ days to upload a full dual layer Bluray.

If I instead uploaded it to a newsgroup, it would have still taken 3+ days.

At the end of the process it wouldn't have mattered if it takes 4 days to slowly seed, or 3 days of uploading to newsgroups plus 1 day for another peer to download. The process still would have taken 4 whole days before an additional copy of the disc was out in the wild.

You have to understand that once that initial upload is completed the torrent speeds soar. At that point anyone downloading the disc is going to be downloading at the max-rate their ISP allows.

The bottleneck is always the initial upload/seed and neither method is going to alleviate that.

There are downsides for sending it to newsgroups, that downside is that there will be unarguably less seeders on the torrent (Not everyone that downloads it via newsgroup is going to kindly seed it on the torrent, just isn't going to happen). The torrent is more universal. Not everyone can access the newsgroup. Therefore torrent is the best approach in this situation. There's nothing to gain by uploading it elsewhere, with the exception of a straggler coming along months from now after most seeds have dropped off.

I've launched two dual-layer demo blurays on this community, I've researched extensively the most efficient way to distribute it.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #364 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 09:24 AM

Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

I've launched two dual-layer demo blurays on this community, I've researched extensively the most efficient way to distribute it.

I have the second one and use it to demo my mostly finished dedicated theater room. Good selection of movies to wow people with.
post #365 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is there anyone who can seed the Visual. I am at 89.7 percent and still have a day or two. I have a feeling there are alot of us at this near end point. If we can have a few seeders with high upload we can push this over to multiple seeders. I will keep mine going for as long as I can but at this rate I wont be seeding for 2 days +

Thanks all,

Peter
post #366 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 03:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpete12 View Post

Is there anyone who can seed the Visual. I am at 89.7 percent and still have a day or two. I have a feeling there are alot of us at this near end point. If we can have a few seeders with high upload we can push this over to multiple seeders. I will keep mine going for as long as I can but at this rate I wont be seeding for 2 days +

The corrected Visual disc is still being seeded. Are you trying to download the original, which was the wrong files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

The CORRECTED tracker for the VISUAL disc can be found on post #6

VISUAL DISC CORRECTED TRACKER.

Here is a direct link to it http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2gm9mlvmuhkoumx

We lost two original seeders we had previously, so this will go very slow at the beginning.

post #367 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks all,

Peter

I have been downloading for a few days (since the corrected came out)....I am at 88% downloaded...with 25k/b down and 25k/b up. I am new to Torrent (i know)...does this mean I am seeding? If not, let me know what I can do to help. Also, my "seed" column shows .027...assuming that is not good, as the other disks were around 2-4.
post #368 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:

There are downsides for sending it to newsgroups, that downside is that there will be unarguably less seeders on the torrent (Not everyone that downloads it via newsgroup is going to kindly seed it on the torrent, just isn't going to happen). The torrent is more universal. Not everyone can access the newsgroup. Therefore torrent is the best approach in this situation. There's nothing to gain by uploading it elsewhere, with the exception of a straggler coming along months from now after most seeds have dropped off.

Forget about my previous comments on newsgroups, remember what Steve has said here.... people who get the disc from newsgroups will generally NOT seed it back out again.... .they've got what they wanted.

Let alone the fact that there will be less people seeding it out, slowing the torrent feed down for everyone else.

Let's stick to the current distribution method, as once a few of us have got the whole disc, it then it just comes down flat out.

There's a reason why so many people utilise torrents rather than any other form of file transfers.
post #369 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 05:54 PM

Kalani:

No i am download RAR_visual_disc_CORRECTED but there is currently 1 seed and 27 peers. I am downloading at 2.3 kb/s
post #370 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:

Kalani:

No i am download RAR_visual_disc_CORRECTED but there is currently 1 seed and 27 peers. I am downloading at 2.3 kb/s

I'm out of town at the moment so there is not much I can do

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #371 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Peter, a lot of people are at the 92% completion mark right now. There are a couple near 94%. Mine says about 5 hours to go, but I doubt it will be done by morning. I am seeding what I have at about 1.1MB/s combined to a number of people. Hang in there.
post #372 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 09:06 PM

I am at 92.47%
post #373 of 1357 Old 03-27-2012, 11:36 PM

Of course torrents-only are more efficient than torrents+newsgroup IF newsgroup downloaders don't seed to the torrenters.

I'll download whichever way is offered, but I won't discuss it any more.

I have no problem with how Scuba or Leo have handled their distributions. I'm grateful that they put this much effort into releasing things we all can enjoy.
post #374 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 04:20 AM

I hit 100% at 7:02 AM EDT and within minutes all the peers (at least 20-25 of them) who had been creeping up w/ me at 99.6% began dropping like files (I presume that most dropped off once they reached 100% instead of continuing to seed?). Right now, I see zero peers, availability of 1.000 and no upload activity from my seed.

I'll continue to seed as long as I can, but I'm out of town on spring break and cant make any guarantees beyond Friday AM.

THANKS to the seeders who helped get us over the dam!
post #375 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 05:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Same here. Everyone else but 1 dropped off at about the same time. Availability is 1.990, meaning that besides me, there is about 1 other person sharing. I'll keep seeding though.
post #376 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 06:33 AM

that other person is me. the file completed sometime last night and when I woke up it was seeding. I will keep it that way for the next week or two if I can (as long as wife doesnt complain why computer is so slow)

Peter
post #377 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 06:36 AM

I've been seeding the the complete 'RAR_Visual_Disc_Corrected' (seeding to 1 of 1 peer) since it completed this morning just after 7:00 a.m. ET this morning.

Surprised there seems to be only one peer... -TD
post #378 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 30
Quote:

that other person is me. the file completed sometime last night and when I woke up it was seeding. I will keep it that way for the next week or two if I can (as long as wife doesnt complain why computer is so slow)

Peter

mine is fully seeding so the count isn't right
post #379 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 06:49 AM

It is odd there is only 1 peer showing (I see that as well), when I am also seeding and have been all night. No one is downloading from me, though.

EDIT: I now see two other peers.
post #380 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

We have started the release planning for the complete Blu-ray disc. For the prior segments we've always had 5-6 seeds before release, making things easier for everyone. This last time around, we lost the additional seeders (due to my mistake), and you saw what happens when there is only one original seed at a low bandwidth.

For the Blu-ray the plan is to have 6-8 seeds and higher bandwidth, however even with all these the download still going to be 2 days or more.

We'll give time for this segment and comments, even though the planning started we still have ways to go.

Thanks to those that had help with the seeding in the past and to those that will be helping with the next disc seeding.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #381 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm showing 6 seeds (one is me, I assume) and 28 peers, so there's still activity.

I've resumed seeding all 5 discs, but the corrected visual disc is definitely the one getting most of the action right now.

Things will definitely be easier for everyone when we get the base seeds for the full BD50... as Leo observed, you can see what a difference it makes, after watching how long the one smaller disc takes with only one initial seeder!
post #382 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 AM

I can certainly help seed the BD50. Just let me know if you need my connection.
post #383 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 AM

Right now I am uploading the corrected disc at 600k, showing 18 seeders and 3 peers.
post #384 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 11:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

We have started the release planning for the complete Blu-ray disc. For the prior segments we've always had 5-6 seeds before release, making things easier for everyone. This last time around, we lost the additional seeders (due to my mistake), and you saw what happens when there is only one original seed at a low bandwidth.

For the Blu-ray the plan is to have 6-8 seeds and higher bandwidth, however even with all these the download still going to be 2 days or more.

We'll give time for this segment and comments, even though the planning started we still have ways to go.

Thanks to those that had help with the seeding in the past and to those that will be helping with the next disc seeding.

Since I already have the full blu-ray, I guess I can help seed it! I won't be super dependable and my upload isn't the greatest but every bit helps.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
post #385 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 11:18 AM

does someone have a quick tutorial on how to burn these. And patch. Im going to use a PS3. I hope it works. Ive burnt it once but it just showed the folder with files. The menu never come up. I have a mac and PC. I used imageburn.
thanks.
post #386 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 11:20 AM

I am seeding the Visual disc, I can start seeding the previous ones if need be. It seemed like there was no activity on them so I took them down. I'll check when I get home to see where things stand.
post #387 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 11:22 AM

I just found this thread. Yes please put up what you can. If you can help me out on how to burn them would be great!!
post #388 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Since I already have the full blu-ray, I guess I can help seed it! I won't be super dependable and my upload isn't the greatest but every bit helps.

Depends on whether SL goes with a straight BDMV folder or zips/rar's everything again. Unless the files are bit-perfect identical, it won't work.

I have the full BR, too, but some small changes/fixes were made since my early version was burned, so I can't help that way, either.
post #389 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

As far as I remember... and like my son tells me sometimes ... "dad you have brain disease" , so there might be more copies out there, but I remember 6 people with a copy of the full BD, and 3 of them have the old one and the other 3 have the reauthored one for TYPE A personalities thanks to shadowcaster and LastButNotLeast.

Kalani is correct in that the files need to be identical in order for the torrent to work. I'm RARing the files for the BIG one too, is an extra step but ensures that the folder structure will not change. Appreciate the willingness for different people to help, thanks Steve. However, I believe we have enough people for the initial seeding, these guys will be getting the RARed files and the torrent tracker from me ensuring that all files are identical.

Pretty much everything is set, just for the guys to receive their files that shortly will be on their way.

post #390 of 1357 Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd51 View Post

I've been seeding the the complete 'RAR_Visual_Disc_Corrected' (seeding to 1 of 1 peer) since it completed this morning just after 7:00 a.m. ET this morning.

Surprised there seems to be only one peer... -TD

I am done downloading the corrected one (been seeding the old one for a week), but there is now no one downloading. I guess people are ready for the final blu-ray. Can't wait!
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd50k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp Cx960 400 Disc Blu Ray Disc Changer , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page