/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 1357 Old 04-03-2012, 05:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Same thing with TMT5.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 1357 Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

I hope that is just because you are making room for the BD50!

I can neither confirm nor deny...you will have to ask the BD creator for such info...but who knows if he will say anything!
post #453 of 1357 Old 04-04-2012, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I'm seeding all 5 dvd's but only from 2 am to 3 pm when my connection is not being used for other purposes. AND my connection is pretty lame, 1 Mb upload if I remember correctly.

Tried the Bass Disc on my fat PS3 and sound drops off after a couple of seconds. Will try to burn with image burner instead of the utility I already have installed.

I used the patched files and UDF 2.5

Anyway, nice work and thanks a lot for taking the time to create these demo disks SuperLeo.

Krakhen

post #454 of 1357 Old 04-04-2012, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Well I still can't get Bass and Surround to work on thumb driver (16 GB). Plugged USB thumb drive into PS3 and it come up as "There Are No Titles". Try it on the Sony S590 BD player, it would show separate folders but when each folders are clicked it would display "There Is No Playable File". So what am I doing wrong? And is it suppose to display folders?

On PS3 -> USB Device -> There Are No Titles

On S590 BD Player it displayed folders:

BDMV -> Aux Data, Back Up, BD JO, ClipINF, JAR, META, PlayList, Stream

INDEX and MOVIE FILES -> There Is No PLayable File

Anyone have any suggestion?
post #455 of 1357 Old 04-05-2012, 04:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
I am unable to get the animation disc to work . It burns it .I even had it verify.
I had dragged the entire folder BDMV and the enitre folder "Certificate".I think i noticed that the certificate Backup file was empty.
Any ideas . I am burning to Blu-ray 25.All of the others work fine . I have since deleted the download . I had downloaded two different times .
post #456 of 1357 Old 04-05-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey9hound View Post

I am unable to get the animation disc to work . It burns it .I even had it verify.
I had dragged the entire folder BDMV and the enitre folder "Certificate".I think i noticed that the certificate Backup file was empty.
Any ideas . I am burning to Blu-ray 25.All of the others work fine . I have since deleted the download . I had downloaded two different times .

The only think I could suggest is to try burning without the CERTIFICATE folder. As a matter of fact the BASS disc did not have a certificate folder. Let us know.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #457 of 1357 Old 04-05-2012, 02:45 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Well I still can't get Bass and Surround to work on thumb driver (16 GB). Plugged USB thumb drive into PS3 and it come up as "There Are No Titles". Try it on the Sony S590 BD player, it would show separate folders but when each folders are clicked it would display "There Is No Playable File". So what am I doing wrong? And is it suppose to display folders?
On PS3 -> USB Device -> There Are No Titles
On S590 BD Player it displayed folders:
BDMV -> Aux Data, Back Up, BD JO, ClipINF, JAR, META, PlayList, Stream
INDEX and MOVIE FILES -> There Is No PLayable File
Anyone have any suggestion?

Are you using a different thumb drive / files when you try using your thumb drive on your BD player VS on your PS3? I ask because the folder structure you listed on your BD player ("BDMV -> Aux Data, Back Up....") will definitely not work on the PS3. That is the folder structure you get before using multiAVCHD. Once you use mutliAVCHD, your folder structure will be different.
post #458 of 1357 Old 04-05-2012, 07:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker View Post

Are you using a different thumb drive / files when you try using your thumb drive on your BD player VS on your PS3? I ask because the folder structure you listed on your BD player ("BDMV -> Aux Data, Back Up....") will definitely not work on the PS3. That is the folder structure you get before using multiAVCHD. Once you use mutliAVCHD, your folder structure will be different.

Hi mtucker, only have one thumb drive (Lexar Echo MX 16GB USB Flash Drive) and used it on both player.

- I did grab the Bass file folder (size 7.53GB RAR_Bass_Disc) and drag into MultAVCHD program. A pop up window "You are importing Blu-ray disc contents. Do you want to switch to Blu-ray re-author mode?" ... I click "Yes".

- Bottom box "Compilation" shows 18 bass disc red small boxes ... Titles 18 / size 4 MiB (0.004 GiB) / Estimated output: ~0 MiB (0GiB) / Duration: 00:00:00 (am I suppose to do something here ???)

- botton right corner I click "Start". A pop up window "Temp folder is not empty (309 files) Clear and continue? (c:\\multiAVCHD\\_TEMP\\)" ... I click "Yes"

- select destination media and playback device type ... I click "Sony Playstation 3" box

- bottom right bar graph start loading then finish ... Final Size 5 MiB (0.005 GiB) ... I click "Save Project" and gave it a file name "Bass" and the Save as type: multiAVCHD projectf file (*.mpf)

- grab this file name "Bass" and load it to thumb drive

Also I'm not to sure I understand the extract procedure and how to really do it. Maybe I didn't extract the Bass file folder correctly and this is the reason why its not playing.

The RAR_Bass_Disc file when I click "Open" it shows:
Name: Bass Disc and Bass Disc.part01 all the way to Bass Disc.part41

Date Modified: 03/31/12

Type: WinRAR archive

Size: 195,312 KB (for each from part01 to part40 ... except the last part41 is 84,861 KB)

Thanks for your help.
post #459 of 1357 Old 04-05-2012, 10:54 PM

Been watching this thread on and off watching the progress... is the full demo disc ready yet with the problems resolved? Want a copy for in-store demos to home theater customers....sure would make it easier than having to carry multiple discs
Thanks, Shawn
post #460 of 1357 Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:

- I did grab the Bass file folder (size 7.53GB RAR_Bass_Disc) and drag into MultAVCHD program. A pop up window "You are importing Blu-ray disc contents. Do you want to switch to Blu-ray re-author mode?" ... I click "Yes".

You should be grabbing the BDMV folder that was generated when you unzipped the files.
Quote:

- Bottom box "Compilation" shows 18 bass disc red small boxes ... Titles 18 / size 4 MiB (0.004 GiB) / Estimated output: ~0 MiB (0GiB) / Duration: 00:00:00 (am I suppose to do something here ???)

Hmmm. I get 18 titles also, but mine says Size:23905MiB and a duration of 1:46:37 and I don't have red boxes.
Quote:

Also I'm not to sure I understand the extract procedure and how to really do it. Maybe I didn't extract the Bass file folder correctly and this is the reason why its not playing.
The RAR_Bass_Disc file when I click "Open" it shows:
Name: Bass Disc and Bass Disc.part01 all the way to Bass Disc.part41

Date Modified: 03/31/12

Type: WinRAR archive

Size: 195,312 KB (for each from part01 to part40 ... except the last part41 is 84,861 KB)

When you say you get the disc.part01 - disc.part41 when you open the RAR_Bass_Disc file, is that before you have unzipped or that is what you get after you unzip. That sounds right for before the unzip. After you unzip, you should have two folders if you unzipped correctly (one folder called BDMV and one folder called Index and Movie Files). This is the BDMV folder you drag into MultiAVCHD. If you just don't have it unzipped correctly, then it should be an easy fix since it sounds like you have the rest down. I used 7-ZIP to unzip the files. Once you have installed 7-zip, highlight all the disc.part files in windows explorer, right click on the files, select 7-ZIP, and select "extract here". That should take all those files and give you the two folders I mentioned.
post #461 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 06:07 AM

Shawn, not sure your employer would want you using "this type" of software for customer demo's.
post #462 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 06:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtucker View Post

When you say you get the disc.part01 - disc.part41 when you open the RAR_Bass_Disc file, is that before you have unzipped or that is what you get after you unzip. That sounds right for before the unzip. After you unzip, you should have two folders if you unzipped correctly (one folder called BDMV and one folder called Index and Movie Files). This is the BDMV folder you drag into MultiAVCHD. If you just don't have it unzipped correctly, then it should be an easy fix since it sounds like you have the rest down. I used 7-ZIP to unzip the files. Once you have installed 7-zip, highlight all the disc.part files in windows explorer, right click on the files, select 7-ZIP, and select "extract here". That should take all those files and give you the two folders I mentioned.

Thanks mtucker, got disc.part01 - dis.part41 after unzip (extract/unpack). This is where I get lost about extract/unpack/unzip ... are these all the same (see my post here)? After getting Bass (and Surround) download from Mediafire RAR_Bass_Disc.torrent and download WinRAR (from 1st post) ... I go into My Computer -> Download -> highlight RAR_Bass_Disc and right click, this is the only option available to me (no extract/unpack or unzip):

Explore
Open
Add to Archive...
Add to "RAR_Bass_Disc.rar"
Compress and email...
Compress to "RAR_Bass_Disc.rar" and email
Send to
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
Properties

If I need to download 7-Zip which one do I need? To many option 9.25 alpha or 32 or 64 or exe or msi etc... so
post #463 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Well... there you have it...

But first let me thank everyone that help in one way or another to get this project going, including AVSForum for giving us a place to share and learn from each other, and to everyone that read and post, because with out everyone's involvement we wouldn't have THE FORUMS.

I've enjoyed the process a whole lot!!!

THE COMPLETE BLU-RAY (BD50) tracker can be found on post #7

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post21594527

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #464 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Excellent! I will give it a couple days then hop on.
Thanks for all of your hard work!
post #465 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

Well... there you have it...

But first let me thank everyone that help in one way or another to get this project going, including AVSForum for giving us a place to share and learn from each other, and to everyone that read and post, because with out everyone's involvement we wouldn't have THE FORUMS.

I've enjoyed the process a whole lot!!!

THE COMPLETE BLU-RAY (BD50) tracker can be found on post #7

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...7#post21594527

Bravo!!!!!

Thank you for all your hard work in making this happen.
post #466 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

If I need to download 7-Zip which one do I need? To many option 9.25 alpha or 32 or 64 or exe or msi etc... so

You can either download the correct version of 7-zip for your computer, or install WinZip if you prefer, which also handles RAR files. The 30-day trial should be all you need to get this done, if you don't want to buy it.
post #467 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_abbot View Post

Excellent! I will give it a couple days then hop on.
Thanks for all of your hard work!

It has been "pre-seeded," so you may want to jump right in.
I'm also working on an option for those who have the five other "discs" and just want to put it all together. Stay tuned.
Michael

post #468 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 12:45 PM

Quote:

Just take the 32 bit or 64 bit version from the left top of the main page - those are the official ones. Which version you grab depends on which version of OS you have. 32 bit for a 32 bit OS and 64 bit for a 64 bit OS. The exe is the 32 bit version and the msi is the 64 bit version.

From here:
http://www.7-zip.org/

Download 7-Zip 9.20 (2010-11-18) for Windows:

Link Type Windows Size
Download .exe 32-bit x86 1 MB
Download .msi 64-bit x64 1 MB
post #469 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Thanks so much SuperLeo. I will download on Monday and leave it seed until my limit is reached for the month.only get 100GB. Thanks again for your hard work in getting this done for all of us. Anyone who has followed this or Scuba's thread will appreciate how much work goes into these projects. Happy Easter.

Follow my thread
post #470 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:

Thanks mtucker, got disc.part01 - dis.part41 after unzip (extract/unpack). This is where I get lost about extract/unpack/unzip ... are these all the same (see my post here)? After getting Bass (and Surround) download from Mediafire RAR_Bass_Disc.torrent and download WinRAR (from 1st post) ... I go into My Computer -> Download -> highlight RAR_Bass_Disc and right click, this is the only option available to me (no extract/unpack or unzip):

Explore
Open
Add to Archive...
Add to "RAR_Bass_Disc.rar"
Compress and email...
Compress to "RAR_Bass_Disc.rar" and email
Send to
Cut
Copy
Create Shortcut
Delete
Rename
Properties

Since you already have Winrar, lets use that.

First go to the folder where you have the disc.part files. This is where mine are. This example is for the Visual Corrected demo, but applies to all of them.

Then select all the disc part files like this

Now right click on any one of the files (you are essentially right clicking on them all since they are all selected). You get an option for "extract here"

Click extract here and away it goes. It will spend a few minutes unzipping the files and you will see your two folders show up.

At this point you are done with the disc part files (other than hopefully keeping them to help seed). What you need to move on with either burning to optical disk or using MultiAVCHD is in the two folders you just created with Winrar.
post #471 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

.............I'm also working on an option for those who have the five other "discs" and just want to put it all together. Stay tuned.
Michael

I wondered if that would be possible. That is a great option for those that downloaded individually already.

superleo thanks again for doing this. It is so nice to have demo material clips in 1080P.
post #472 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 01:47 PM
AVS Special Member

^^^ thats great info, thanks mtucker ... will give this a try tonight after work (plus I'm still seeding).

One other question, the thumb drive I got should work, right? Its a Lexar Echo MX 16GB USB Flash Drive.
post #473 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

I'm also working on an option for those who have the five other "discs" and just want to put it all together. Stay tuned.
Michael

It actually works, I did some testing of LasButNotLeast's (Michael) file(s) and I took me 40 minutes or so, although I think I did two extra steps, but I wanted to make sure I did not make a mistake.

Did not burned it to disc to fully test it, but for those that already have the discs this will take no time to do.

Thanks Michael great idea and great way of implementing it, hopefully it won't be too much longer.

post #474 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 03:35 PM
AVS Special Member

It took some doing, but I was able to get MediaBrowser to cooperate:

The metadata scrolls, which, of course, is hard to appreciate from the snip.

post #475 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

I am not sure if someone already covered this but how do you get it to work and what steps need to be taken to just stream it rather than making a disc?

Adam

My Theater build

post #476 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 05:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Depends on what you're using to stream. If you still have the Popcorn Hour (I didn't read your whole thread, but that's QUITE the theater), it can probably just read the m2ts files. The downloads result in BD format discs (two folders, CERTIFICATE and BDMV). I have an htpc (hence the post immediately before yours), and I'm using TMT5. Though not flawless (I haven't played around enough to master the navigation yet), everything plays fine. If you've ever ripped a BD disc, this is what you ended up with, so use whatever you've used to play them. Or use MakeMKV or MultiAVCHD.

post #477 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 07:22 PM
AVS Special Member

I have dvdfab and that is what I use to convert my blurays to file format to stream with my Streamers. I am using Dune streamers if that matters. So after I download the torrent what should I use. I can stream file folders or iso but I'm not sure how this is when I finish the download

Adam

My Theater build

post #478 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 07:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
As long as your streamer can play BDMV folder structure, you are all set to go once it's downloaded.

~ Gary

)

post #479 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Sort of. It downloads as rar files. See the post from mtucker above. Once it's unrar'd, you get the two folders.

How's everyone doing with the download, by the way?

post #480 of 1357 Old 04-06-2012, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

As long as your streamer can play BDMV folder structure, you are all set to go once it's downloaded.

You have to unrar it first, too.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd50k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp Cx960 400 Disc Blu Ray Disc Changer , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - Cx960 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page