/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 34 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #991 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a slim ps3 and am unable to play some of the scenes on the bass demo. The ones that do play, have no sound. I am guessing this has to do with the index files? Can somebody explain to me like a three year old how to correct that? I just don't get it:( Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by keager View Post

I have a slim ps3 and am unable to play some of the scenes on the bass demo. The ones that do play, have no sound. I am guessing this has to do with the index files? Can somebody explain to me like a three year old how to correct that? I just don't get it:( Thanks

The best way to correct this is to run the BDMV folder through MultiAVCHD. Download the program from the link below, install it. Once installed, run it and just drop the folder into the main MultiAVCHD window. It will prompt you that you are running the program in "Re-Author" mode, just say ok. Then just click the big start button and will take you to another window where you choose the type of re-authoring you want. You can choose "PS3" where you can actually copy the folder (once its done) into a flash drive and run it through there or choose AVCHD and copy the files (once its finished) to a DVD-DL.

I've tested some new files (new disc) with this process on my old PS3 (both ways) and works flawlessly. The only drawback is that it looses the PopUp menu functionality.

http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #993 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Great! I'll try that!
post #994 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 10:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

The best way to correct this is to run the BDMV folder through MultiAVCHD. Download the program from the link below, install it. Once installed, run it and just drop the folder into the main MultiAVCHD window. It will prompt you that you are running the program in "Re-Author" mode, just say ok. Then just click the big start button and will take you to another window where you choose the type of re-authoring you want. You can choose "PS3" where you can actually copy the folder (once its done) into a flash drive and run it through there or choose AVCHD and copy the files (once its finished) to a DVD-DL.
I've tested some new files (new disc) with this process on my old PS3 (both ways) and works flawlessly. The only drawback is that it looses the PopUp menu functionality.
http://multiforum.deanbg.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17

Is it supposed to prompt me to burn to a disc through avmultichd? Or do I do that through imgburn?
post #995 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

There is no burning with MultiAVCHD, just the re-authoring. MultiAVCHD will create a new folder. You use that new folder to either burn it to a DVD-DL, using Imgburn, or copy it to a flash drive.

Here is a quick "How to"

You need to install MultiAVCHD first.

- Drag the BDMV into MultiAVCHD, You'll get prompted about re-authoring mode... say yes.

- Let the program process the folder. Once is done you can click the big "START" button.

- From the next window, you choose what type of media you going to use. Use PS2 for Flash drive or AVCHD for DVD-DL

- If you are using a flash dire you copy the folder BDRM to the flash dire and rename it "AVCHD". If yo are burning the disc to a DVD-DL you drag the BDMV to imgeburn as usual.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #996 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Advanced Member

Ok, igot it playing. War of the worlds plays for maybe ten seconds, then sound cuts out and the video gets a little choppy. I pause it for a few and restart it, then plays good for another ten seconds or so. Thanks
post #997 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

And actually the only scenes that dont do that are FOTP and Terminator.
post #998 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 03:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 206

Is there any chance the pen drive is USB 1.0 and that it is too slow for high def?

Otherwise, I guess you'll have to start working through the tutorial.

Good luck.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #999 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 04:10 PM
Advanced Member

It is using a dvd dual layer.
post #1000 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Reference_Links_Complete.zip.txt 188k .txt file
Just delete the .TXT extension and unzip

THANK YOU!
post #1001 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 228
where is the CERTIFICATE folder in the bass demo torrent?Do I need that?Im having the same problem as keager.

thanks....
post #1002 of 1357 Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

I guess I should have linked that for people instead of just mentioning that it is password protected. I've already got all of the demo discs, so I didn't dig too far. Thanks for posting.
post #1003 of 1357 Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 228
any problems using DVD+DL or it have to be DVD-DL.
post #1004 of 1357 Old 12-31-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I'm using DVD-DL as general type.

post #1005 of 1357 Old 01-01-2013, 11:50 AM

I'm trying to use multiAVCHD to get these things to play on my panasonic via DVD/DL burns.

However, multAVCHD is never asking me to enter re-author mode...any thoughts? It ends up with a huge 28gig+ result, so I must be doing something wrong. Also, although probably a seperate issue...It complains MANY times about "AVSinfo.exe" stopped working.

I'm trying to convert the Bass disc if it matters.

Thanks.

Edit: figured it out...I think it was because I was trying to add the folder that had the patched index files in it already....trying with the original folder makes it as the question about entering re-author mode.

And yet another Edit: It doesn't matter. I've now burned 3 DL coasters. First one a straight download, 2nd one with the index files replaced, third one straight out of a successful multiAVCHD reauthor for Panasonic (strict).

Can anyone help me not burn a 4th coaster?
post #1006 of 1357 Old 01-02-2013, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinG View Post

I'm trying to use multiAVCHD to get these things to play on my panasonic via DVD/DL burns.

However, multAVCHD is never asking me to enter re-author mode...any thoughts? It ends up with a huge 28gig+ result, so I must be doing something wrong. Also, although probably a seperate issue...It complains MANY times about "AVSinfo.exe" stopped working.

I'm trying to convert the Bass disc if it matters.

Thanks.

Edit: figured it out...I think it was because I was trying to add the folder that had the patched index files in it already....trying with the original folder makes it as the question about entering re-author mode.

And yet another Edit: It doesn't matter. I've now burned 3 DL coasters. First one a straight download, 2nd one with the index files replaced, third one straight out of a successful multiAVCHD reauthor for Panasonic (strict).

Can anyone help me not burn a 4th coaster?

If you re-authored the files though MultiAVCHD you DO NOT need to change the index files MultiAVCHD makes all the necessary changes to the index files and other files. If your intention is to burn the files to disc make sure you choose the AVCHD option of Re-authoring, NOT the PS3 option, this option is for external media such as an external drive or a flash stick.

Once MultiAVCHD has finish its process, you drag the BDMV and AVCHDTN folders into Imgeburn. Also, you should be using UDF 2.5 as the file system for the disc.

post #1007 of 1357 Old 01-02-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:

If you re-authored the files though MultiAVCHD you DO NOT need to change the index files MultiAVCHD makes all the necessary changes to the index files and other files. If your intention is to burn the files to disc make sure you choose the AVCHD option of Re-authoring, NOT the PS3 option, this option is for external media such as an external drive or a flash stick.
Once MultiAVCHD has finish its process, you drag the BDMV and AVCHDTN folders into Imgeburn. Also, you should be using UDF 2.5 as the file system for the disc.

Ah, thank you...That is precisely what I've done...And I specifically chose the "strict" mode of AVCHD re-authoring. And I'm certain of the UDF 2.5 setting as well.

The root of my DVD now has 3 folders, not just two, as I also copied the "CERTIFICATE" folder as well. Would that be enough to cause it to not work?

Thanks for the assistance!

Edit: I just checked, and the CERTIFICATE folder only has a single folder in it, an empty BACKUP folder...(seems like it should be harmless?)
post #1008 of 1357 Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Was recently asked about Mac software. I'm alliterate when it comes to Macs, but Mookie b had an excelent post about his experience and what he used to successfully play the segments. His original post is on post #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie b View Post

Total Newbie here to bit torrent and all of this stuff. Leo was nice enough to give me a little private tutoring via PM and BAM it worked tonight on my first try burning. I'm using a fairly new Mac and thought I'd pass out what I did if there's anyone else like me that's "never done this before".

My Blu Ray player is an Oppo BDP-93.

First off, I found using Google Chrome to download the files worked better than Apple's Safari as Safari was saving the Target files as a text file. Chrome left it as a torrent file.

After that, I downloaded uTorrent at:
http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac

Used that program to download the big torrent files related to the downloaded target file.

They download as .rar files. From there I downloaded UnRarX at:
http://unrarx.en.softonic.com/mac

Used that to extract them to useable files for the burning.

Mac's default burning software as far as I can tell didn't have an option for UDF so I have no idea if it would do it correctly. I don't think so, but maybe. Anyway, I gambled and downloaded a burning program that ended up working so lucky me. Burn Program was at:
http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

Selected "DVD (UDF)" as the option at the top, dragged the BDMV folder from the extracted RAR files to the Burn program window and that was it. I used a Verbatim DVD+R DL at 6x burning speed. Threw the finished product in the oppo, Menu screen popped right up.

I only did the LFE one, as the animation one is on my work computer and I did this LFE one at home. My son and I had a kick out of the bass scenes, and it was fun to see a few I hadn't seen the movie but had read on here people recognized the scene as good for LFE.

All in all, thanks Leo. Easy, painless and fun. Nice touch too with the Avatar THX trailer playing as the background menu, DTS-HD MA and all!

post #1009 of 1357 Old 01-03-2013, 09:37 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for the probably dumb question...

Can I just import this into Mediabrowser on my HTPC and play it from the files once downloaded? Any other formatting or transcoding needed?

Thanks

Onkyo 818, Emotiva Amp
B&W CT700 Series Speakers, (2) PowerSound Audio XS30s
Custom HTPC running Mediabrowser, 12TB Server for storage
post #1010 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 05:29 AM

Liked: 11
Hi Leo ... smile.gif

Where can I find the Torrent links for these awesome Bluray demo discs ... ?

I shall be telling this with a sigh..
Somewhere ages and ages hence..
Two roads diverged in a wood and I..
I took the one less-travelled by..
And that has made all the difference..
post #1011 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

^^

At the beginning of post 2. Read the background in post 1 so you know what to do with the files.

post #1012 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 06:06 AM

Oh .. I see smile.gif

But i can't open these txt files on my MAC !! confused.gif

post #1013 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleycol View Post

Sorry for the probably dumb question...
Can I just import this into Mediabrowser on my HTPC and play it from the files once downloaded? Any other formatting or transcoding needed?
Thanks

If you can play other BD folders, you can play this (for example, I rip with AnyDVD and play with TMT5 with no problem). Don't forget the image files in the first few posts in this thread (which, somewhere, includes a screenshot from my system) so it looks as good as it sounds. Enjoy.

Michael

post #1014 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayter View Post

Oh .. I see smile.gif
But i can't open these txt files on my MAC !! confused.gif

No, you don't. How about looking four posts up to the repost by Leo of directions from a "newbee" for Mac users from post 118.

You can just delete the .txt extension. Don't forget the password. I use The Unarchiver for unzipping. I have Toast, but Burn is probably fine.

Hint: use a rewritable disc!

Good luck.

post #1015 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 AM

lol smile.gif

Sure . Thanks a lot for your precious help .......

post #1016 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

If you can play other BD folders, you can play this (for example, I rip with AnyDVD and play with TMT5 with no problem). Don't forget the image files in the first few posts in this thread (which, somewhere, includes a screenshot from my system) so it looks as good as it sounds. Enjoy.

Michael

Found it:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1391873/reference-blu-ray-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl-media-bd50/240#post_21765195

post #1017 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast go_quote.gif

Found it:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1391873/reference-blu-ray-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl-media-bd50/240#post_21765195

THANKS!!!!

Onkyo 818, Emotiva Amp
B&W CT700 Series Speakers, (2) PowerSound Audio XS30s
Custom HTPC running Mediabrowser, 12TB Server for storage
post #1018 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Excellent work on this! I'm new to the thread but I think I'm caught up - between my phone and computer reading up on it.

I've burned the Bass Disc on a DVD-DL using ImgBurn with Windows 7. The burn went well - BUT the disc doesn't play quite as well. I get the menu perfect and the tracks begin to play fine, but after about 10-15 seconds of playback, the audio drops. The video stays playing though.

I'm using a "cheap" Vizio BluRay player which may be the prob. I can list the rest of my audio equip, but I don't think it's the rest of my audio chain because BluRays play fine.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
dbl

Let's all go to the lobby
....Let's all go to the lobby
........Let's all go to the lobby
............To get ourselves a treat!
post #1019 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 05:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayter View Post

lol smile.gif
Sure . Thanks a lot for your precious help .......

Not sure how to take that, but, just in case you (or someone else) needs more help (now that I'm home at my mac):

At the top of post 2, right- (control-) click on the "...zip.txt" link. "Download Linked File." On your desktop, rename the downloaded file by removing the .txt extension.

Apple's Archive Utility won't work because of the password (which is "AVSFORUM"). As I said, I recommend The Unarchiver (http://download.cnet.com/The-Unarchiver/3000-2250_4-10655313.html?tag=contentBody;pop).

Unzipping produces a folder with six .torrent files. Load them into µTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/mac). Wait patiently (seriously, you're usually looking at several DAYS).

I've used Burn (http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html) successfully in the past. 

And I tend to use REWRITABLE discs. They end up being much cheaper in the long run.

Sometimes the road less travelled by can get lonely. Let us know how this works out for you.

Michael

post #1020 of 1357 Old 01-04-2013, 05:32 PM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbldare View Post

Excellent work on this! I'm new to the thread but I think I'm caught up - between my phone and computer reading up on it.
I've burned the Bass Disc on a DVD-DL using ImgBurn with Windows 7. The burn went well - BUT the disc doesn't play quite as well. I get the menu perfect and the tracks begin to play fine, but after about 10-15 seconds of playback, the audio drops. The video stays playing though.
I'm using a "cheap" Vizio BluRay player which may be the prob. I can list the rest of my audio equip, but I don't think it's the rest of my audio chain because BluRays play fine.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
dbl

For what you paid for your new Blu-ray player you probably could have purchased a Blu-ray burner for your computer.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd50k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp Cx960 400 Disc Blu Ray Disc Changer , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page