/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 46 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1351 of 1360 Old 06-05-2014, 11:23 AM
Member
 
ki11abee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilv3r View Post

you do know that it is illegal for us to do that!?!?!
Well I have no means of doing all the downloading or editing and transferring to disc sadly. Does this mean I will never be able to own these reference discs series? Anyone near LA Cali maybe can help me out? Thanks again
ki11abee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1352 of 1360 Old 06-05-2014, 11:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
xvfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post

What is seeding?
Quote:
Seeding is the process of connecting to a torrent when you have a complete file.

Yes it is important to seed 1 to 1. The more seeders there are on a torrent the faster the torrent is. You are not downloading the torrent from the actual site you get it from. You are downloading it off another user that has it on their computer.

Let’s say someone uploads a torrent to a site and that person seeds at 100kbps. At first every single leecher is trying to get the file from the uploader which if there are 10 leechers then each leecher is approximately getting the file at 10kbps.

Let’s say the 10 people finish downloading the torrent from the uploader. Each also is seeding at a speed of 100kbps.

That means the total speed of the torrent after the 10 get done downloading the file is 1100kbps. Because 10 are seeding at 100kbps and the original uploader is seeding at 100kbps. So if there are 11 more leechers getting the file now each of those leechers are approximately getting the file at 100kbps instead of 10kbps because there is a 1 to 1 ratio per seeder & leecher.

If everyone just downloaded the file from the uploader and stopped seeding without seeding the torrent 1:1 then the uploader will always be stuck seeding. Which the speed of the torrent will hardly go up because the leechers will always outnumber the seeder.

So it is important to seed back at least what you take. So if you download a file that is 1GB then seed back 1GB. That is why it is called FILE SHARING. People are considerate enough to share their stuff you can repay them back by seeding back what you take so others can enjoy it as well.

https://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A9mSs3B0tZBTgi8A3rhLBQx.;_ylu=X3oDMTE0bmduMWgxBHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMgRjb2xvA2lyMgR2dGlkA01TWVVLMDRfMQ--?qid=20061221204347AAS06ef
JimP likes this.
xvfx is online now  
post #1353 of 1360 Old 06-05-2014, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nickbuol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Marion, Iowa
Posts: 1,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ki11abee View Post

Well I have no means of doing all the downloading or editing and transferring to disc sadly. Does this mean I will never be able to own these reference discs series? Anyone near LA Cali maybe can help me out? Thanks again

If you are willing to wait until mid-September, I could burn you copies and get them to you when I am in Los Angeles for work. I wouldn't charge anything and would just take blank discs in return. I know that it is a few months from now, but it is an option. I have every demo disc from here and a few others. Most are dual layer (50GB) blu-rays, but a couple are just single layer (25GB) ones.

I don't want to start doing this for people on a regular basis, but I do travel for work quite often around the U.S. and with a 2 week notice (since I don't have a ton of extra discs laying around and would need to order them) I could do this from time to time.

I *think* that is OK. It is sort of like borrowing my PCs and burners and just using me to burn the images. This is also sort of like what people have been doing for many MANY years with M.A.M.E. arcade ROM files, and those are for entire arcade games. It is certainly a gray area no matter what.

Now, I am NOT wanting to get to the point of people sending me blank media (or buying it on Amazon and shipping to my house) just for me to burn and mail back. I think that I would get flooded with requests and I am not wanting to do that. I am already doing quite of bit of Photoshop work for people here that are doing custom printed posters/artwork for acoustical panels for free. I don't want to be putting that kind of time and wear/tear on my burners for people as it would just take away from the file sharing if people can just get the downloading and burning done for free. And since it is illegal to trade money in any shape or form for this, it isn't worth THAT much to me.
nickbuol is online now  
post #1354 of 1360 Old 06-05-2014, 11:47 AM
Member
 
ki11abee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 66
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbuol View Post

If you are willing to wait until mid-September, I could burn you copies and get them to you when I am in Los Angeles for work. I wouldn't charge anything and would just take blank discs in return. I know that it is a few months from now, but it is an option. I have every demo disc from here and a few others. Most are dual layer (50GB) blu-rays, but a couple are just single layer (25GB) ones.

I don't want to start doing this for people on a regular basis, but I do travel for work quite often around the U.S. and with a 2 week notice (since I don't have a ton of extra discs laying around and would need to order them) I could do this from time to time.

I *think* that is OK. It is sort of like borrowing my PCs and burners and just using me to burn the images. This is also sort of like what people have been doing for many MANY years with M.A.M.E. arcade ROM files, and those are for entire arcade games. It is certainly a gray area no matter what.

Now, I am NOT wanting to get to the point of people sending me blank media (or buying it on Amazon and shipping to my house) just for me to burn and mail back. I think that I would get flooded with requests and I am not wanting to do that. I am already doing quite of bit of Photoshop work for people here that are doing custom printed posters/artwork for acoustical panels for free. I don't want to be putting that kind of time and wear/tear on my burners for people as it would just take away from the file sharing if people can just get the downloading and burning done for free. And since it is illegal to trade money in any shape or form for this, it isn't worth THAT much to me.

Awesome. Well that's probably gonna be my only option. I'll buy the blank media and have it ready and I can drive to your place when u get here. Unless I get help sooner, you are my only option atm. Thanks man!!
ki11abee is offline  
post #1355 of 1360 Old 06-05-2014, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
Dalumberjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Jose, California
Posts: 512
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 43
There is nothing illegal about making a copy and giving it to someone. Even when that someone pays you back with a blank disc or the amount the disc costs, still not illegal. You're not making a profit from the demo disc so it's all ok.
Dalumberjack is offline  
post #1356 of 1360 Old 06-06-2014, 05:56 AM
AVS Special Member
 
LastButNotLeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: 08077
Posts: 4,674
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalumberjack View Post

You're not making a profit from the demo disc so it's all ok.

Actually, this whole issue is a gray area. These are, admittedly, copywritten works. And they're being copied. ;)

I don't mean to start a legal (or, worse, philosophical) argument, but that's why we've taken such a strong stance against offering these discs for sale.

Personally, I think what nick's offering to do is great.

Besides, now I know where to go for acoustic panels. :D

Michael


Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
LastButNotLeast is offline  
post #1357 of 1360 Old 06-06-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
nickbuol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Marion, Iowa
Posts: 1,810
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Actually, this whole issue is a gray area. These are, admittedly, copywritten works. And they're being copied. wink.gif
I don't mean to start a legal (or, worse, philosophical) argument, but that's why we've taken such a strong stance against offering these discs for sale.
Personally, I think what nick's offering to do is great.
Besides, now I know where to go for acoustic panels. biggrin.gif
Michael

You can go right here.... tongue.gif

DIY Custom Printed Movie Poster Acoustic Panels Cheap

Just be sure to start near the middle or last 75% of the thread. The early stuff is outdated. wink.gif
nickbuol is online now  
post #1358 of 1360 Old 10-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Member
 
Sam Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am hoping someone kind here can help. I finally managed to download the BD50 file but am a bit stuck as I don't have a BD burner and am still looking for someone who can help me. However, I noticed that BDMV file contains a stream folder that contains all the demo clips in m2ts format. These files are numbered from 00000 to 00058.

Is there a list somewhere that explains what movie clip each file is under the respective categories e.g. Bass, Surround etc. ?

I have 2 options to solve this:-

1. To prepare 5 or 6 dual layer DVDs with all this content on it categorised.

2. To try and play back the files from a hard drive attached to my BD Player (Pioneer BDP-160K) via a USB port. The player has a built-in media browser and I can select the files to play. The only thing that I am unsure about is whether or not it is capable of resolving HD sound by way of passing it over (bit-stream) to the AV Receiver via HDMI. I guess I need to try this with a few clips to see if it works.

Having all the files on a hard disk attached to the BD player will be ideal.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam
Sam Ash is offline  
post #1359 of 1360 Old 10-16-2014, 02:37 AM
Member
 
Sam Ash's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am hoping someone kind here can help. I finally managed to download the BD50 file but am a bit stuck as I don't have a BD burner and am still looking for someone who can help me. However, I noticed that BDMV file contains a stream folder that contains all the demo clips in m2ts format. These files are numbered from 00000 to 00058.

Is there a list somewhere that explains what movie clip each file is under the respective categories e.g. Bass, Surround etc. ?

I have 2 options to solve this:-

1. To prepare 5 or 6 dual layer DVDs with all this content on it categorised.

2. To try and play back the files from a hard drive attached to my BD Player (Pioneer BDP-160K) via a USB port. The player has a built-in media browser and I can select the files to play. The only thing that I am unsure about is whether or not it is capable of resolving HD sound by way of passing it over (bit-stream) to the AV Receiver via HDMI. I guess I need to try this with a few clips to see if it works.

Having all the files on a hard disk attached to the BD player will be ideal.

Any suggestions or help will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Sam
Sam Ash is offline  
post #1360 of 1360 Old 10-16-2014, 11:24 PM
Advanced Member
 
asoofi1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Posts: 535
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 91
If you go the dvd route, just narrow down your favorite clips and just make one disk. Or just put the stream files on a usb and just enjoy thru a media box player, like wd hd, etc. Your bd player may not play the file back. You can always rename the files on the usb once you become familiar with the clips.

---------------------------------------------------------------
for sale/trade: BNIB LG OLED Curved TV 55EA9800 ~Best Black Levels Ever~
ht: LCR JTR 212HT~Surr. Four JTR 8LP~Hi/Wi Four Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c~Subs Two JTR Orbit Shifter LFU~AV Marantz SR7008

Last edited by asoofi1; 10-16-2014 at 11:27 PM.
asoofi1 is online now  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd50k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp Cx960 400 Disc Blu Ray Disc Changer , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - Cx960 by PriceGrabber.com

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off