/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 48 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 18Likes

post #1411 of 1419 Old 01-22-2016, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimP View Post
What's this whole seeding thing about?
Here is very useful guide...
Welcome to AVS!!!

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/free-torrent-guide/

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1412 of 1419 Old 01-28-2016, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 156
I downloaded one of these files, as well as the ImgBurn software, and followed the steps in the 1st/2nd post of this thread.

This starts writing the image to a DVD+RDL disc... it gets about a quarter of the way through, and then I get an error...

W 08:02:39 Retry Failed - Reason: Invalid Address For Write
E 08:02:45 Failed to Write Sectors 1332928 - 1332959 - Reason: Write Error
E 08:02:45 Next Writable Address: 1331520

I also tried to write the disc using Cyberlink Media Suite and it also stopped around the same time with no error.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
post #1413 of 1419 Old 01-29-2016, 06:45 AM
Advanced Member

Is the full download about 36-37 gb? I am downloading one now (not a lot of seeing, but someone is - so, I can get it!!) and it says it was just under 37 gb. I was thinking it might be closer to 50, since one individual file I downloaded as 8.4 gb... and there are 5... but I guess the music one is likely smaller?

I ordered blank bluray disc yesterday and just want to make sure I have the right thing before I try to burn one.
post #1414 of 1419 Old 01-29-2016, 07:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 851 Post(s)
Liked: 719
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post
Is the full download about 36-37 gb? I am downloading one now (not a lot of seeing, but someone is - so, I can get it!!) and it says it was just under 37 gb. I was thinking it might be closer to 50, since one individual file I downloaded as 8.4 gb... and there are 5... but I guess the music one is likely smaller?

I ordered blank bluray disc yesterday and just want to make sure I have the right thing before I try to burn one.

If possible, you can skip the disc-burning woes by buying a 128GB flash drive and loading the demo disc on that. I have multiple of these demo discs on a single flash drive, and most blu ray players will read it as a disc (including menus). I have another 128GB flash drive that houses a copy of my entire music collection (great for transporting video and audio to G2G's...slip two flash drives in your pocket and you're out of the door.
post #1415 of 1419 Old 01-29-2016, 07:51 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
If possible, you can skip the disc-burning woes by buying a 128GB flash drive and loading the demo disc on that. I have multiple of these demo discs on a single flash drive, and most blu ray players will read it as a disc (including menus). I have another 128GB flash drive that houses a copy of my entire music collection (great for transporting video and audio to G2G's...slip two flash drives in your pocket and you're out of the door.
Thanks for the thoughts, I'll definitely give this a try... we are doing a G2G at my house, and another local house in about a week, so, it would be nice to have the easy USB portability!
post #1416 of 1419 Old 01-29-2016, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmhvball View Post

Since I was just burning some new copies last night, - The Reference 1 disc, once unpacked, is just shy of 41GB. Reference 2 is around 45GB. Cinemascope disc 47GB and the Best of Demo Discs is just shy of 9GB.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #1417 of 1419 Old 01-29-2016, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
Cinemascope disc 47GB
Which post has the Cinemascope torrent? I couldn't find the torrent in any of your sig links.
post #1418 of 1419 Old 01-29-2016, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by genesplitter View Post
Which post has the Cinemascope torrent? I couldn't find the torrent in any of your sig links.
Cinemascope thread

/// CINEMASCOPE Blu-ray Demonstration Disc \\\

post #1419 of 1419 Old Today, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post
Since I was just burning some new copies last night, - The Reference 1 disc, once unpacked, is just shy of 41GB. Reference 2 is around 45GB. Cinemascope disc 47GB and the Best of Demo Discs is just shy of 9GB.
I finally got around to testing out these Demo Disc today (albeit, just a few of the clips from each of the disc) and WOW... These are great.

Definitely using them for the GTG (Cincinnati area folks) this Saturday. Thanks for such great discs to help give Demo's. The navigation on the Reference 2 disc took a tiny bit of time to get used to, but they are all cool. I can't wait to hear them on Frohlich's set up, my speakers sound good to my non audiophile ears, but he has a much nicer sound set up.... it might push me to finally have a calibration done of my overall theater system.
tomd51 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd50k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp Cx960 400 Disc Blu Ray Disc Changer , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread