/// Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc - BD9 (DVD-DL Media + BD50) \\\ - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 1357 Old 03-01-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by kong View Post

For my panansonic Bdt-350 both discs a no go.
My Sony-370 stutter very bad.
On the Sony I tried the uncompressed files via the USB. The animation works file to file. The bass was a no go. I renamed the bass scenes(added an extra zero in the file name). I then dragged the renamed bass scenes, drug them over to the animation folder, about 1/2 of them worked!

Did you try using the patched files?

If you burn these to 25GB media they should play with no problem, although that would be 1/3 of the space used.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 1357 Old 03-01-2012, 11:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 16
BD media no problems in any BR player I've tried (all 3), but the DVD9s I burned won't play even in my new Panny BR (210), unfortunately. One patched, one not patched. Both patched and unpatched play no problem in my Sony BR.
post #183 of 1357 Old 03-01-2012, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

Did you try using the patched files?

If you burn these to 25GB media they should play with no problem, although that would be 1/3 of the space used.

FWIW, I've now tried the discs in 3 different BR players: one old Panny (BD35), one new Panny (210) and one intermediate Sony.

The burned BR media discs play perfectly in all. The DVD9 AVCHD discs, however, don't. They all play perfectly in the Sony. None work in either of the Panny BRs. I've tried patched and unpatched both.

Again, fortunately, the BR version works no problem, so the impatient can just burn to BR if they have Pannys (BD25 to save money, perhaps, over the dula layer BD50s), or wait for the full BR version to be released, which will work no problem in the Panny players.
post #184 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 02:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am a bit confused on using win rar. What exactly has to be done with the downloaded rar folder. I am assuming win rar unpacks it or un compresses it before being able to burn it. Just dont know how to use win rar I guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
post #185 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smick6 View Post

I am a bit confused on using win rar. What exactly has to be done with the downloaded rar folder. I am assuming win rar unpacks it or un compresses it before being able to burn it. Just dont know how to use win rar I guess. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try Winzip instead, I find the interface easier and it does RAR just fine. Open the first file in Winzip and it will automatically decompress the whole chain into the files that you actually burn to disc.
post #186 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 03:17 PM

Liked: 12
Smick6,
You're on the right track. WinRAR is just another form of compression. You can download a free utility like 7-Zip to uncompress all of the RAR files, which will create a single folder with the contents of the disc... -TD
post #187 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalani View Post

Try Winzip instead, I find the interface easier and it does RAR just fine. Open the first file in Winzip and it will automatically decompress the whole chain into the files that you actually burn to disc.

Interesting, I stopped using Winzip years ago because it would not decompress a series of files.
You had to do each one individually. Bout time they caught up to Winrar.

"Talk to me Goose"
post #188 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 04:32 PM

Liked: 11
Thanks guys, in the process of using win zip now.
post #189 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 05:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowcaster View Post

Interesting, I stopped using Winzip years ago because it would not decompress a series of files.
You had to do each one individually. Bout time they caught up to Winrar.

Yeah, I remember when they didn't do it, too. I came across that situation (multiple RAR files are so 1990s) so rarely I never really worried about it. The one day I forgot, and opened files up in Winzip, and it all worked, easy-peasy.
post #190 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 PM

Finally got around to unRARing the bass files, was just letting them all seed for a while since I didn't have any DL DVD's to burn these with... question, does Alcohol 120 work for burning this or am I missing something??

post #191 of 1357 Old 03-02-2012, 11:16 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRwOOD73 View Post

Finally got around to unRARing the bass files, was just letting them all seed for a while since I didn't have any DL DVD's to burn these with... question, does Alcohol 120 work for burning this or am I missing something??

I'm not sure about alcohol 120, if it has the option of UDF 2.5 then it's fine, but why not just use imgburn when it's free and you know it has what you need. It is essential for the burning software, what ever you choose to be able to use UDF 2.5, otherwise it won't work, for Macs there is a post earlier with recommendations with what works.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #192 of 1357 Old 03-03-2012, 06:51 AM

Thanks superleo, I guess I was just trying to avoid installing another program..

post #193 of 1357 Old 03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Just got a Pioneer BD burner so I cannot wait until the 50GB torrent hits the torrent streets!!

Proud owner of a Pioneer E-Lite 50" with ISF-Day/Night enabled!!
post #194 of 1357 Old 03-03-2012, 08:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRwOOD73 View Post

Thanks superleo, I guess I was just trying to avoid installing another program..

Imgburn is free, no ads or spyware, and won't clutter up your computer with useless junk. Feel free to install and then uninstall it when finished if you don't want it.

That said, installing some small programs like that aren't going to slow down your system. There is no continuously-running memory resident subprogram, just the fast and lean main program.
post #195 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Just started downloading these...hope it goes quicker soon, set to take 1yr 34wks at the download speed it is at now...does utorrent speed up with time?

Also, can I use Nero 11 to burn these, and they should all fit on one disc right? Or do I need to burn 3 separate blu rays for this?

Thanks in advance,
McStyvie

post #196 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McStyvie View Post

Or do I need to burn 3 separate blu rays for this?

Thanks in advance,
McStyvie

you will need 3 separate DVD9

post #197 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McStyvie View Post

Just started downloading these...hope it goes quicker soon, set to take 1yr 34wks at the download speed it is at now...does utorrent speed up with time?

Also, can I use Nero 11 to burn these, and they should all fit on one disc right? Or do I need to burn 3 separate blu rays for this?

Thanks in advance,
McStyvie

How fast you download depends on two main factors, how many seeders there are and how fast your bandwidth is. The more seeders and the wider bandwidth the quicker it goes.

The first part of the project consists of 5 segments/discs. The segments are small enough to fit into a double layered DVD (DVD+DL), thus if you want to burn all five segments, once they are out, then you would need 5 disc.

The discs can of course also be burn to 25GB blu-ray media instead of DVDs. When burned to blu-ray media there are no compatibility issues with any player.

post #198 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 AM

Liked: 148
Anyone still need the animation disc? I am seeding it again.
post #199 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

How fast you download depends on two main factors, how many seeders there are and how fast your bandwidth is. The more seeders and the wider bandwidth the quicker it goes.

The first part of the project consists of 5 segments/discs. The segments are small enough to fit into a double layered DVD (DVD+DL), thus if you want to burn all five segments, once they are out, then you would need 5 disc.

The discs can of course also be burn to 25GB blu-ray media instead of DVDs. When burned to blu-ray media there are no compatibility issues with any player.

Thanks Superleo, I will be burning them to Blu Ray, my bandwidth is about 750k/sec download speed, or what they call 8mb/s here oO

If anyone would like to seed them to help speed up my download, would be highly appreciated!
Looking forward to demoing these!
Regards,
Mcstyvie

post #200 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Just checked the trackers for the discs that are out, while getting the new disc ready, there are good seeder numbers for all the discs so downloads should be fairly fast.

post #201 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 11:37 AM
Advanced Member

hmm 5 hours in and .2% downloaded, I have tried to change all the settings on this, it is enabled on my firewall...maybe it doesn't like UK servers...
Cheers,

post #202 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm still seeding all three discs. The only one seeing significant activity at the moment is the Bass disc.
post #203 of 1357 Old 03-04-2012, 11:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 211
I will restart seeding all three again this afternoon.

- Nick Buol

post #204 of 1357 Old 03-06-2012, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

There is still activity/interest in all disc. If you download as courtesy to others seed for a couple of days... good torrent etiquette.

We started getting the next segment ready.

post #205 of 1357 Old 03-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

There is still activity/interest in all disc. If you download as courtesy to others seed for a couple of days... good torrent etiquette.

We started getting the next segment ready.

I can seed the 50gb once ready. I do have a Comcast Cap but will seed as much as I can before they cut me off for the month.

post #206 of 1357 Old 03-06-2012, 08:29 PM

Liked: 148
I have FiOS 35/35 and am still seeding the one part I did not accidently delete, a 6.73 to 1 ratio. No one is downloading, though.
post #207 of 1357 Old 03-07-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrsage View Post

... No one is downloading, though.

There are currently 8 downloading the Music disc, 4 downloading the Animation disc and 1 downloading the Bass disc form me. The seeders had drop to the single digits on all discs.

post #208 of 1357 Old 03-07-2012, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

That makes sens. After the initial flood of folks downloading, interest would taper off. Our community is not that large...

Thanks for putting the disks together. Can't wait for the full BR.

Follow my build here:
post #209 of 1357 Old 03-07-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Time to release the next one, I guess.
I am awaiting the All in one blu-ray
post #210 of 1357 Old 03-09-2012, 03:07 AM

So putting this to a usb stick will not work patched to a ps3?

I don't have a blueray burner. Is any of you making copies to " donate" ...will be glad to pay for shipping. Paypal anyone?

And if so by special request any custom screen that can be made. Like when you put the disk in something personal like a theme for your home theater comes on. Just to impress your friends. Let me know, thank...by the way i use little of my comcast cap so i will seed for a few weeks if it helps.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Blu Ray Players , Panasonic Dmp Bd50k 1080p Blu Ray Disc Player , Sony Bdp Cx960 400 Disc Blu Ray Disc Changer , Playstation 3 160gb System
Gear in this thread - Cx960 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page