post #121 of 123 Old 04-06-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted White View Post

No problemo. Just need an idea of what the beam materials will be, the dimensions, and the distance between beams on the ceiling. We can then calculate the load, and make any clip pattern changes accordingly. Easy.

Having a first layer of ply gives a better starting point since it's easier to hang the wood ceiling when you can attach into a nail base that's all over the ceiling. Easier than trying to hit channels.

Ted,

I'm going to start on a drawing this week when i get a chance. i'll color code out everything so it's easy to read. the left to right beams are going to be larger than the front to back ones so there will be all diff loads.

i love and hate dave with this kinda stuff. this is how my whole building of my house went. my dad's buddies were always putting ideas in my head to make things diff and unique. guess it's not a bad thing it's just that they were all much harder to accomplish but deff all was better in the end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 123 Old 04-22-2012, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Still framing the basement but the baby is sleeping so i was messing around with some layout stuff and i'm kinda getting worried about my projector height. can u guys with experience here chime in an let me know if i got a real problem here or what.

here is my new layout to look at and a side view.

i'm looking at a 110" w 2.37 screen to use with a jvc 55u. no lens.
i picked this screen size cause it puts first row angle at 45 degrees and second row at 30 degrees. it also puts my head up angle at 13 degrees. these are all acceptable correct? am i even looking at the 13 degree angle correct? i thought it was the line from eye level and looking up to the top of the screen? am i right here?

what i'm worried about is the projector height when i line the lens up with the top of the screen. i'm looking at like about 5 feet off the riser! so even if i can get it behind the seating will this be just just too low?! If I move the screen up to 8" from the ceiling the projector now goes up to 5'5" but that is still pretty low.

i really can use some advice here.

sorry these aren't better. i'm not good at cad or sketch up stuff. this is the best i can do to get my point across.

jimi

post #123 of 123 Old 04-25-2012, 08:09 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
jim, I've heard that the RS45 is brighter than the 55...that's what I'm going for. My throw distance is going to be about 16'. I struggled with the 10' vs 9' screen...but as David points out, the 16:9 size on a 110" isn't ideal. That's what sold me...I watch enough 16:9 programming to want to err on the side of a larger screen. But then again, larger screen means lower brightness, especially for a long throw.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page