Bedroom Ht ceiling color - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-11-2012, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am new to this and looking for some advice on what color grey shade do you guys use. I looked around, just never found an answer but dark grey. My room is small, 10'w x 12'w x 8'h and will function as an semi bedroom ht. I choose grey because I thought that would look best over a Mickey mouse ear black. I read black gets to be a pain when dust starts to build up. I can do another color other than dark grey. I am open to any suggestions. The color of my walls is an flat royal blue.

I plan on using an 82"-92" screen with an hd20 or an 8350 projector. Have not decieded on which will be best for this small room. Polk 70m, cs2, 30m, pa 150, onkyo rc160 for the sound( already owned).

About to start ripping out the carpet to put in some hardwood floors after I paint the ceiling. Also, what kind of underlay to use on the floor I think I need acoustic mat or something similar to keep the floor from echoing and the squeaking down? Not sure what the process is when dealing with wood flooring.
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I forget the grey colour i used in my room but it isn't really dark but indeed keep it with a Flat colour surface like your walls. I too have a very similar room situation/setup and went with an Epson 8350 because the lens shift and zoom worked out best for me. I was able to get a 106" pull down screen in and could of gone bigger with the available lens zoom. Here is a pic of my grey walls which all i know was from a company called Beauti-Tone. Basically keep it darkish and go with what you think works best for you. Get paint samples form the local store and try the lighting stations to see how they look.

Grey is a tiny bit darker than shown. Used an older camera thats seems to need a lens cleaning

Supporting both HD-DVD and Blu-ray

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page