Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: South Riding, VA
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Originally Posted by carp
I agree with what Doug is saying, nothing about the room looked DIY to me.
The only exception (which to me is a positive since I would prefer it this way if it were me) was the couch in the second row. There is something about having a place to actually lay down, not just recline.
Things I was extremely impressed with:
1. acoustics in the room
2. beautiful/professional looking room - great lighting and colors too
3. AT screen with not a hint of holes/weave/whatever even right up next to it.
4. Incredible contrast, ha, I don't get blacks anywhere near that with my massive screen/entry level projector/bright room.
5. Chairs were so comfortable!
6. What a great decision to go with the Orbit Shifter! That pushed me over the edge into getting a transducer.
7. Great noise isolation from the rest of the house! Awesome!
8. Like I said, couch is the way to go.
9. Even without much if any tweaking I loved the surround.
10. 2nd row gets GREAT tactile feel - see #6
^^^To get 1 OS or 2, that is the question! I think I might damage something if curiosity gets the best of me.
Great build and perseverance, Grant. I might add a backup pump after seeing what you went thru...one can never be too careful. I think I missed it while reading thru your thread, but did you decide what 2nd sub you plan to add...if you're still considering a 2nd, that is.
me stuff: LCR JTR 212HT, Surrounds Quad JTR 8LP & Quad Elemental Designs Cinema 6 eD6c, Subs Dual JTR Orbit Shifter LFU, AV Marantz SR7008