Sunflower State Cinema - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 10Likes

post #661 of 664 Old 07-25-2016, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked21 View Post
Thanks a million Grant!!!!

I think it sounded excellent. Atmos takes time and patience to dial in but you have an amazing first go!

I would experiment with swiveling the top fronts down some towards front row. Toe-in the top rears a bit using your laser angle to maintain 45deg. I think you can improve the atmos to the rear row that way.

I nearly laughed when I said I thought the TF were 2db hot. And you said they are 1.5db hotter than Audy had set them. I don't know it all, but that's pretty telling. I also think the TR were a bit cold. Keep in mind I'm running DL so that's not req specific observation but atmos observation. Try running Audy very methodically. It will absolutely result in the best Atmos imaging.

By making these changes, you will end up with images in the room and throughout the room and above the room instead of all of it being glued to the ceiling. It will also result in a more immersive effect for all or nearly all seats.

Excellent job my man! I'm more than willing to spend a day helping you if/when you want.

Thanks again for hosting!

Btw: watching that first hour of BvsS again now. My blacks and contrast Are horrible compared to your room. That rs400 is excellent and my room just doesn't do it justice with white ceilings, beige carpets, and Windows. Very very impressed with your pq.
Thanks for the compliment. I think it is pretty good for my first try too. I really like the sound but I know that some tweaks are in my near future.

Your black levels are NOT horrible. I have seen your picture and it looks fantastic (at least at night). I know that my black levels are better but no one would complain about your pic.

I do think that Batman V Superman is amazing for HDR and The JVC RS400. It is a very dark film and was shot well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 664 Old 07-25-2016, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 83 Post(s)
Quoted: 452 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked21 View Post
The rs400 is extremely slow to sync. I curse it constantly for 20 seconds every time I have to change inputs or it switches to different Rez. If you can't get resolution on the issue with denon upgrade, I'd seriously consider the $200 HD fury integral. Not being able to access menus or see osd would drive me batty. Call denon. If there's no solution then oh well. But personally I would refuse to omit having an avr menu overlay....
Agreed. I hate the sync time. Most annoying thing about the PJ.

I did call Denon and they could not find anything wrong with it at least over the phone with me troubleshooting. I don't think they tried very hard though. They were quick to point the finger at Samsung. They think it is a problem with the Samsung K8500 and that Samsung needs to update the firmware. So I called them and they had me do a few things but I was interrupted and I need to call them again sometime. Hard to find a time when I am free at home and still business hours.

I should probably ask in the K8500 thread if anyone else out there has the X7200 and K8500 working together.

But, yeah if I can't get it solved then I could do the Fury. For $200 more though I could look into selling the K8500 and buying the Phillips unit but I don't know anything about that product.
post #663 of 664 Old 07-25-2016, 07:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Not a Samsung issue.

Overlay should work. It's very clear that it's a DM issue.
post #664 of 664 Old 08-24-2016, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Quoted: 1510 Post(s)
Liked: 909
Soooooo.......

Sounded pretty damn good when I left.

Night and day difference? Listened to Atmos demo disc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Klipsch Rf83 Black Each 2 Way Reference Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Triad , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier , Sherbourn , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Harmony 900 Remote
Gear in this thread