Sunflower State Cinema - Page 25 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 29Likes

post #721 of 729 Old 02-04-2017, 07:39 AM
d_c
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 175 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 897 Post(s)
Liked: 1039
Sounds very cool, and easy. I'm still up in the air whether I will use irule in my new space. Like you, I like having buttons. I will probably just get the Harmony 650 to start. Sounds like you have arrived at a happy place in the HT, Grant!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 729 Old 02-04-2017, 07:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 511 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2880 Post(s)
Liked: 2168
Grant, I agree - I think I will always want a remote with hard buttons. I used the Harmony 900 for many years but it died so I also bought the elite a couple of months ago. It's great, does everything I need.
post #723 of 729 Old 02-06-2017, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 555 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
@jedimastergrant ,
I bought the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home, but haven't hooked it up yet to try. I have been waiting until I move my equipment over to a new AV rack. I guess I need to get on that and get it set up. I just seen that Logitech has discontinue the model, but this probably because of the Elite is out now. I hope it will work well when set up.

post #724 of 729 Old 02-06-2017, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 121 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
@jedimastergrant ,
I bought the Logitech Harmony Ultimate Home, but haven't hooked it up yet to try. I have been waiting until I move my equipment over to a new AV rack. I guess I need to get on that and get it set up. I just seen that Logitech has discontinue the model, but this probably because of the Elite is out now. I hope it will work well when set up.
I have the Ultimate in my living room. It works well. They are probably just coming out with a new model since the Elite is in a different price category. The great thing about the Ultimate is the use of Wifi. And no need to have line of sight with the controller to the hub.
post #725 of 729 Old 02-06-2017, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carp View Post
Grant those pictures look good but I have found they look so much better with the panels off showing the full 2:35:1 screen.

Oh man I forgot to take the panels off. thanks for pointing that out. I will take more pics soon but my screen isn't even on at the moment.
post #726 of 729 Old 02-06-2017, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
Sounds very cool, and easy. I'm still up in the air whether I will use irule in my new space. Like you, I like having buttons. I will probably just get the Harmony 650 to start. Sounds like you have arrived at a happy place in the HT, Grant!
Yeah, that is a good remote that costs next to nothing.

I think I am at a pretty good place as far as upgrades are concerned. I plan to coast for quite some time. There are a few things I need to get straightened out regarding LFE and HDR.

But, of course I can never leave well enough alone. So my HT currently looks like this.

I am right in the middle of a black velvet project and I have made it way more difficult than it needed to be. Lets hope its worth it.
post #727 of 729 Old 02-10-2017, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimastergrant View Post
Yeah, that is a good remote that costs next to nothing.

I think I am at a pretty good place as far as upgrades are concerned. I plan to coast for quite some time. There are a few things I need to get straightened out regarding LFE and HDR.

But, of course I can never leave well enough alone. So my HT currently looks like this.

I am right in the middle of a black velvet project and I have made it way more difficult than it needed to be. Lets hope its worth it.

Black velvet is always worth it! And, what are those long rectangular cuts in your ceiling for?
post #728 of 729 Old 02-10-2017, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Air vents.
SXRDISBEST likes this.
post #729 of 729 Old 02-11-2017, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXRDISBEST View Post
Black velvet is always worth it! And, what are those long rectangular cuts in your ceiling for?
Yep, air vents like Tim stated. I took the actual diffusers out which are 4x36. I thought about wrapping them in fabric but that would be tricky so I am leaning towards lining the cut outs you see in black velvet and just leaving the vents out. The disadvantage is the vents have a 15 degree slant that moves the air more towards the seats. Now I took those out of one of them in the hopes of reducing turbulence. And there was suppose to be a built in damper but it is not user friendly to operate. If I end up leaving them off then I will rely on in line dampers that are installed right near the take off further up stream.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Jvc Dla Rs45 Home Theater Projector 1080p Hdmi , Klipsch Rf83 Black Each 2 Way Reference Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each , Triad , Emotiva Xpa 5 5 Channel Power Amplifier , Sherbourn , Denon Avr 4311ci 9 2 Channel Network Multi Room Home Theater Receiver With Hdmi 1 4a , Harmony 900 Remote

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page