Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 44 Old 04-24-2012, 02:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITR010342 View Post

That bar is going to look nice when it is stained! What color stain are you going with?

Progress is looking great!

i found this sweet tornado fooseball whirlwind table i am going to pick up so i am going to try to find a stain that is going to match it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

amazon just had a crazy good deal on the monster power center hts 3600 mkII 10 outlet for 169 bucks i picked one up. this will surely bet my lil 8 outlet belikin that i paid 20 bucks for.

my question is how hot do these get? i am trying to figure out the configuration on my rack and dont want to put this towards the top but dont want to fry it.
post #33 of 44 Old 04-26-2012, 09:39 AM

Liked: 19
Just wanted to say thanks for the input on the can lights. Good to hear they lock in quite tight and are not an issue.

Can't say how warm the monster power center gets, but I have one from Belkin (PF60) and it gets slightly warm. My PVR cable box runs way hotter in comparison.
post #34 of 44 Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 AM

Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by flat black ricer View Post

amazon just had a crazy good deal on the monster power center hts 3600 mkII 10 outlet for 169 bucks i picked one up. this will surely bet my lil 8 outlet belikin that i paid 20 bucks for.

my question is how hot do these get? i am trying to figure out the configuration on my rack and dont want to put this towards the top but dont want to fry it.

I have had a HTS 3600 for several years and it has saved my components several times. I have my up converting DVD player on top of it and my Directv HD DVR 24 on top of that, with absolutely no heat or ventilation problems, all in my upstairs TV media room. I wish I had caught that bargain as I would have liked to have another one of those for the theater I am building in my basement.
post #35 of 44 Old 04-26-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

I have had a HTS 3600 for several years and it has saved my components several times. I have my up converting DVD player on top of it and my Directv HD DVR 24 on top of that, with absolutely no heat or ventilation problems, all in my upstairs TV media room. I wish I had caught that bargain as I would have liked to have another one of those for the theater I am building in my basement.

I picked up my Belkin PF60 from buy.com on special for $125 shipped. This was a month or so ago. I just checked and it's $175 now. Still not a bad deal.
post #36 of 44 Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxfj View Post

Just wanted to say thanks for the input on the can lights. Good to hear they lock in quite tight and are not an issue.

Can't say how warm the monster power center gets, but I have one from Belkin (PF60) and it gets slightly warm. My PVR cable box runs way hotter in comparison.

if you havent got the tool yet to cut the circles out, do yourself a favor and when you go to home depot or whatever store and go to the drywall area to buy your circle cutter its alot cheaper than the one in the tool isle that attaches to the drill. all it does is just scribes the circle then you go in with your drywall knife and follow the whole and viola a perfect hole. i had to get in my attic and make sure i wasnt around any joists first so all i did was drill a hole get up in the attic and see if it was close to anything and move accordingly. hope that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan View Post

that is awesome news as i was hoping to put my new blue ray player on top of it thanks!
post #37 of 44 Old 04-26-2012, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the tip. I've got all kinds of hole saws for my drill.

My situation is a bit different than most since I'm dealing with a very early form of sheetrock. They didn't have tape and mud back when my house was built so I've got about a 5/8" layer of plaster on top of 1/4" sheetrock. The whole house is like this.

Don't want to derail your thread so I'll post more info when I start my build thread.

Keep up the good work. Very curious to see the end result!
post #38 of 44 Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter

at 8:00 AM PDT amazon quite possibly will have that lightning deal again on that power center just a heads up.
post #39 of 44 Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 AM - Thread Starter

progress is slow going now all the money i had saved up is now going towards fixing the ac in my house. compressor i believe shorted out so looks like it has to be replaced hooray... but i did get to work a little on it i got the lights underneath the bar all done. i did them with the chep rope light you get from home depot. i think it turned out awesome. i also got the closets up, what a pita that was by myself. i had to cut off an inch off the bottom and reglue a strip so it could have the anchor swivel deal at the bottom. i also picked up the fooseball table this thing is freaking awesome. it is a tornado whirlwind table with upgraded guys and upgraded wooden grips. i have always wanted one since i was in middle school when i used to play at the local skating rink, its already coming back to me and i am schooling anyonewho dares challenges me.

post #40 of 44 Old 05-08-2012, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

stain on the bar, picuters dont really do it justice it looks simply amazing in person. it is a muhogay stain from minwax.

post #41 of 44 Old 05-08-2012, 02:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Looks sharp. I bet it's even better with the light under the counter.
post #42 of 44 Old 05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Looking good so far. More pictures of the cat

post #43 of 44 Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 AM

What a transformation - really comming along nicely
post #44 of 44 Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the kind words guys. i hope i can get back to really finishing this up as i have put it on hold with worrying about this ac situation. i am doing little things that are extremely cheap like leveling out all the little cracks and dips so when the carpet goes down it will look as good as it can.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page