Sound absorption above hanging projector? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Would it be of any use to put a GIK 244 panel on the ceiling above where the projector pole is coming down? I would even consider cutting a hole in the middle of the panel for the pole to come through, if this is useful at all. Just wondering if that would cut down on any of the perceived noise since the noise reflected off the closest surface (the ceiling) would be lessened.

Just an idea I had... based off nothing .

Useful or useless?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would guess useless, since there would still be noise coming from the sides and bottom of the projector.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

post #3 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 210
people make vented hush box for pj noise.

Mike R,P.E. clickable DIY hot links:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Yeah I know about the hush box.. I was just wondering if this would be something that would give me a small bit of noise reduction. Sounds like thats a NO.

post #5 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 01:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I doubt you would be able to notice even the slightest difference after putting in the effort. You’re beneath the projector and there’s nothing between it and you to impede that noise, so an enclosure is your best bet.

If you go the route of an enclosure and still find the noise to be bothersome, you could line the inside of the box with some thin foam to add some dampening, perhaps something like a closed-cell neoprene. And of course, the enclosure would have to be sized and ventilated properly to keep the projector from overheating.

Carlo

post #6 of 6 Old 03-22-2012, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm guessing he has a spare absorption panel and is trying to find a use for it.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" - Homer Simpson

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page