Originally Posted by northern_inc
Any thoughts on the ideal size dedicated theater room I may be moving and need to build one in the basement. I have a 81" tv, definitive technology 7002 towers clr 3000 center, 4 bpvx surrounds, and a vylodyne sub. It would be quite smaller then my set up now witch is in my living room. Just a rough guess would be 13x17 for the new room.
There are many factors in deciding what is the "ideal" dedicated room size. You have given us far too little information for anyone here to give you true "worthwhile" advise on what is ideal.
I'm not trying to be condescending, sorry if it comes out that way, but we need to know a few things.
1. How many people do you want to hold (seating requirements).
2. Screen size, scope or 16:9, lens no lens what is your thoughts on what you want.
3. What are your sound isolation/insulation requirements?
4. What size is your current room/layout and how close do you want to get to that experience.
5. Is there anything you feel is lacking in your current set up that you want to make sure it is spot on for the next time.
6. What type of construction are you planning, staggered stud, room with in a room, isolation clips?
7. Where do you want to put your equipment, where is the entrance going to be or where do you want it.
8. How did you arrive at the room size you mention? Guess, room limit, a friend told you that it was good, research?
9. Are you just asking opinions on what "we" think is "ideal". Ideal is a great many things to a great many people. Tell us what you think your "ideal" room would be and we will be more than happy to help you get there.
Hopefully someone far smarter and more knowledgeable than I will chime in too.
We are like "Johny 5" from "Short Circuit" We need input!
Welcome to the madness, it only gets crazier from here on out!
Oh and all of here are suckers for pics. Bring them on!