Looking for theater build threads in basement of home addition - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-05-2012, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The subject of this new thread I am posting here (Building a home next to your home for a home theater...) is exactly with one of the contractors rephrased what I asked him about with regards to getting a price for a contract from him.

I said to him that if I wanted to build a home theater deep basement (14 ft high ceiling/deep basement) and have one floor above it (note: no 2nd floor, just a first floor), how much it would cost. His response: "So, you want a home next to your home???".

That is exactly what I am referring to, but the new 1st floor addition to the home (and 14' deep basement below it), would be connected via the basement level and via the first floor level (via doors of course).

I have not been able to find any threads or posts where someone has done this. I have seen 1st floor "additions" that were dedicated home theaters, but not first floor additions "with a basement below them added as well".

Has anyone heard of this scenario, or seen a post like it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
search for utah theater.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!!!!!!!!
post #4 of 8 Old 04-05-2012, 08:11 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked: 729
There are other threads I just can't think of the links. Your title should be "Looking for theater build threads in basement of home addition".
post #5 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 07:41 AM - Thread Starter

Hello all,

I am sorry if this thread is a double post considering the possible redundancy, but I was advised by BigMouthDC that the thread title for my previous thread about this topic should be changed to better express my words.

I am looking for any threads or links to people who have built additions that are first floor additions, but also as part of the addition, a new basement was added below the addition (the basement will be where the theater will be built).

Someone responded to my thread with information about a "Utah Theater" which helped but BigMouthDC suggested that there may be many others.

Anyone know of any others?

Here is the other original link I posted. I could not figure out how to change the subject of my original post below (or I did not figure out how since I must be clueless how to change the title to a thread lol. Which is why I felt the need to create a new thread about the subject. Moderators, please forgive me/don't punish me. lol!!!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...8#post21870778
post #6 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 108
I've asked a mod from this forum to merge your original thread with this one and change the title to reflect this new title.

In the future, no need to start a new thread.....use the report post icon (!) in the lower left corner which will contact the moderator. Within the note, ask the mod to change your title to ......... This way we don't have a redundant thread topic and you and the respondants don't need to repeat themselves and in most cases lose the original responses.

"Retired" AVS Moderator
New lower price : Anthem MX-510 Receiver (awaiting payment) & ACS PlanarTrap (freestanding acoustic panel) ($300/pair):
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...tic-panel.html
http://www.avsforum.com/forum/209-au...iver-sale.html
post #7 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Forgive me if I'm missing something, but why would that be any different that the myriads of standard basement builds?

__________________________________________________ ______

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415464/aa...sement-theater
post #8 of 8 Old 04-06-2012, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
In my last house I did an addition with basement and 2 floors above. I don't have a build thread for that build and that theater room was nothing like my current build. I do agree with AaronN that it is really no different than any other basement theater build. Once the structure is in place it should really be no different than any other basement build with the exception that you probably have a concrete wall that you have to cut for a doorway into the addition and will have to figure out how to run HVAC etc through the concrete foundation or have separate HVAC for the addition.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page