Portland Or Area Drywall Installer Recommendation - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I wanted to take a few minutes to recommend these guys if you live in the Portland area. I am up in Kelso, they travel around.

Turcios Drywall
(360) 771-0912

I had 5 bids. Dave and Jose from Turcios were willing to work with me to install things the right way, the way described in these forums. Several other companies wanted to do it their way or their prices were prohibitive.

The best part is, the guys that came to the bid are the guys doing the install. No need to reexplain everything to a fresh crew.

My install is DD + GG between the joists, whisper clips and DD + GG. So far these guys have been great. Here is a pic of them doing the DD + GG between the joists.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-17-2012, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 96
I know prices vary in different parts of the country, but would you mind sharing your high and low bids so we can see what the range was? Have you figured out what it is costing you per sheet or per square foot?

Spaceman Theater Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 AM - Thread Starter

Sure, no problem. For the double drywall on walls, green glue + DD and clips/channel on ceiling they bid it at 2500 for labor.

The DD + GG between the joists we did as time and materials. Since neither of us had any idea how long it would take. It was spendy, about 1400 bucks in the end as it was a tremendous amount of labor.

So if you did all the work yourself, you are saving allot of money, around 4 grand. However, this would have extended our project out to 2015 at the rate I get things done
post #4 of 8 Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 AM - Thread Starter

And I forgot to mention, it is about an 800 sq ft basement with soffits, some built ins, a bathroom etc.

High bids were over 10,000, Turcios will come out to about 7-8,000 when complete. There were other bids equivalent to Turcios but I found these guys excellent to work with.
post #5 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

I am happy to say the job is wrapped up. Here are some final pics. If you are a home theater person, this is a good group of guys to work with and they will get the details right. To recap, we did the double drywall with GG and Sound Caulk between joists, double drywall with channel and whisper clips and green glue on the ceiling, and double drywall + green glue on the walls. It was quite the install!

Jeremy

PS: The walls are only primered in this shot, so ignore that details

PS2: So far, the sound proofing seems like a success. We still have a basement door to replace though. Final verdict is out until that is complete and GG cures. Massive improvement though so far.
LL
LL
post #6 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 58
well i am starting this same process this weekend so when i am tired and frustrated i will keep in mind i am saving 4K LOL!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Falcon Screens

post #7 of 8 Old 05-02-2012, 05:38 PM

this is a very good way to save money....
post #8 of 8 Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Great! It is definitely worth it if your schedule allows for the DIY route. Have fun... and be sure not to cut those holes too big for the outlet boxes. My goodness, that was one mistake made on this job I had to repair many outlets.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page