Drifter Street Studios - Page 2 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 34 Old 06-04-2012, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZGAMD View Post

Yesterday I finally got around to taking some pictures of the completed room. I have already posted pictures of the front of the theater so I figured I needed to post a picture of the seats too. The final width of the room ended up being 9'6" after installation of the fabric frames with the first row at 9' and the second row at about 12'.

Those panels are really awesome. Nice job! They really give you the visual feeling of being in the theater, even through they're their for acoustics.

My home theater build thread
LEVEL 4: Center for Entertainment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 34 Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Looks like your theater is really coming together. Love the Fabric Frames. Always interesting to see the vibrations on how the frames are constructed. Kreg Pocket holes are a great way to do the joinery. When I built my theater I did not know anything about pocket hole joinery. Keep up the good work. It look great and you will have many many hours of enjoyment watching movies.
post #33 of 34 Old 05-10-2013, 10:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 487 Post(s)
Liked: 271
I'm very curious about the HVAC setup. A/C is, of course, of the utmost importance here in AZ. My previous sorta-theater was hot as hades during the summer and so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible to do it right, in my (upcoming) new one.

As far as I can tell, you have an intake vent in the back corner and then two flex-duct outflow vents on each side of the room, roughly in line with the door? Am I reading that setup correctly?

Is this part of an existing zone, or did you create a separate dedicated one for the theater? If separate, is it done via electric dampers or via its own A/C unit?

If it's part of an existing zone, then how well does it track the temperature outside the room? That is, does it get significantly hotter in the theater when a bunch of people are in there?
post #34 of 34 Old 05-17-2013, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The A/C is part of an existing zone with the thermostat in the kitchen. It isn't ideal, but for the most part I knew the negatives before deciding on doing it this way. If we are going to be in the theater during the day I just turn on the recirculating fan and let it run. I have thought about getting a wireless thermostat and just taking it into the theater when we are using it, but so far it hasn't been a problem. In the winter though I usually just turn the thermostat off so it doesn't heat the theater when we are using it. When I had the duct work done I told the installer what the room would be used for and he sized the flex with that in mind. It cools the room off quickly when the A/C turns on, but it also heats it just as fast when the heat turns on. My last theater only had a single vent without an intake so I knew what not to do in that respect. If my theater had an outside wall I may have installed a mini-split. I just didn't want to deal with the water pump. Since my home is a single level I could always add another zone in the future and just move the flex duct in the attic. Hope this helps.
granroth likes this.

DrifterStreetStudios

(A GPowers Inspired Fabric Framed Theater)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page