Hawaii Home Theater Construction Adds Object Based Sound - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #841 of 841 Old Today, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 89
My Aerial Acoustic 5T's just arrived today. These will be mounted on the ceiling (very carefully) to provide the upgrade to enable object based sound (Dolby Atmos, DTS:X,etc). As expected from Aerial, they were boxed in extra heavy and durable and protective shells. Always save these boxes! Like a kid on Christmas morning, I had to drop what I was doing and open them as fast as I could. My wife said two things and the first thing was quite surprising. She said right away.... "Wow, those are really good looking!" Please understand that my wife tolerates this stuff but really isn't into home theaters other than the once in a blue moon 'girls theater night' with her friends. Still, the fact that she noticed how they look is a strong statement. The reality is that they are stunning. I hope they sound half as good as they look. Absolutely gorgeous. Michael Kelly hit a home run with they way they look! The second thing she said wasn't too surprising.... "and how much did they cost?????" Oh well, you can't win them all.

I can't wait to plug them in and play with them. Here are some poorly shot photos from my phone. Trust me, they look far better in person...

The wood grain is beautiful...

The grills are held on with magnets

side view:

back view:

other side:

notice how they are set back. Pretty cool. Also, as promised, there are four blind screw anchors at the bottom that will be the main area of attachment when mounting them.
Sponsored Links
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Sony Vpl Vw1000es Projector , Integra
Gear in this thread