post #571 of 596 Old 05-30-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

Nice, Rich! It's always nice to have the extra rack space, right? Will you be replacing the vent above the rack or have you moved to a different ventilation tactic that's not pictured?

I hear you on the home automation and how addicting it can be. I started with an AMX system back in 1998 and then switched to Crestron in 2004 and am now planning a move to Savant. But before selecting Savant (for reasons I won't get into here), I had a couple of very nice conversations with Mario regarding the Cinemar control system and the associated capabilities / apps. It truly is an incredible system and I would encourage anyone looking to take the next step over the bare-bones automation offerings to give the Cinemar system some very serious consideration. The passion of "tricking out" the system truly shows through in their software offerings and there are things that the Cinemar system can do which no other automation system can replicate very easily from what I have seen.

Do you have an irrigation system tied into your automation? If so, which one? I am still suffering with the generic Rain Bird controller the builder included with our home and am looking for suggestions on an integrated alternative for 12 zones.

I personally use the WGLDesign Rain8Net Professional for 20 sprinkler zones. It integrates quite easily into Cinemar's software.
http://www.wgldesigns.com/rain8pro.html

I even have one in the front of the house that fills up the fountain....call me lazy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 596 Old 05-30-2014, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcascio View Post

You're very welcome Rich. Careful, it looks like you have the automation itch!

Perhaps we should start working on WifeLobby. The goal of the app would be to make sure the wife approves of every automation purchase you want to make. smile.gif

LOL, i found the trick i try to show all the code and howit all works and she just looks with glazed look and just says i don't care how it works just show me the end result
so to me that means get what ever you need to make it easy for me eek.gif
BrolicBeast likes this.
post #573 of 596 Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

So for those of that followed the Bacon Race Build Damelon recently upgraded his Axiom ep500 to set of SUBMERSIVES, I only live about 20 minutes down the road from him so i have spent some time in Theater and really like the sound of the Axioms.
So when Demelon was looking to upgrade i thought what the heck i know i can find time to plug in two new subs and run and Audessey calibration smile.gif. So that is what i did now i have some real boom boom and Damelon can sleep better at night knowing his first born subs went to good home:)

bumb all your cross overs to 80Hz as recomended in the Audessey faq thread. this will give both your mains and AVR/ AMP some head room and allow the Subs to do what they are good at.
post #574 of 596 Old 06-02-2014, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw5billwade View Post

bumb all your cross overs to 80Hz as recomended in the Audessey faq thread. this will give both your mains and AVR/ AMP some head room and allow the Subs to do what they are good at.

yep did that smile.gif sounds great
post #575 of 596 Old 06-12-2014, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

had a little time to work on the new av rack

added some blank plates and a new drawer to hold the remotes. I definality have room to grow with this rack
still deciding if want to move the Qnapp server to it, need to check to see if they make a custom face plate for it.
I also have a HTPC that also doubles the Cinemar server but before i move that will need to install silent case fans in it.

post #576 of 596 Old 06-12-2014, 06:20 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Can you come over and organize my workshop?
snickers1 likes this.
post #577 of 596 Old 06-12-2014, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post
Can you come over and organize my workshop?
LOL!!! it will be spottless when i am done .... the back of my truck maybe full when i am but your workshop will spottless for sure
post #578 of 596 Old 06-13-2014, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
post #579 of 596 Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post
Love the remote draw!

With that much of space on the rack, may be you could start to think about centralize the whole house A/V distributing there.
Yes was thinking of moving the cable boxes to it also

The drawer was great just remember where I saw it before lol hahaha

Always like the way you did your av rack
post #580 of 596 Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Very nice. A future HToM I suspect
snickers1 likes this.

Denon AVR-3311, Sherbourn 7-350, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #581 of 596 Old 06-13-2014, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Canada View Post
Thanks Jeff.. will see i have a friend that is photographer so was thinking of getting in to take some really good pics of teh space
still need to pick out a couple sitting chairs for the area outside the bar and maybe a nice pub table and some lighted movie posters for the then i think i will be set
.... well until i think of something else to do, i think these theater projects are never ending, but i enjoy it.
post #582 of 596 Old 06-14-2014, 03:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
LOL!!! it will be spottless when i am done .... the back of my truck maybe full when i am but your workshop will spottless for sure
I second that. You can come over and organize my rack unit, cabling, and then come help with my storage room!

And that remote drawer... lol... does it make a "heaven" sound when you open it and shine a warm light at you?
post #583 of 596 Old 06-14-2014, 04:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by damelon View Post
I second that. You can come over and organize my rack unit, cabling, and then come help with my storage room!

And that remote drawer... lol... does it make a "heaven" sound when you open it and shine a warm light at you?
What model and brand of rack did you choose for the new one?
post #584 of 596 Old 06-14-2014, 05:40 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Rich is busy with visitors but I know the answer because we have a local vendor that has a great cash and carry price.

http://www.htdepot.com/AV-Cabinet-42U-p/95042.htm

post #585 of 596 Old 06-14-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Jeff.. will see i have a friend that is photographer so was thinking of getting in to take some really good pics of teh space
still need to pick out a couple sitting chairs for the area outside the bar and maybe a nice pub table and some lighted movie posters for the then i think i will be set
.... well until i think of something else to do, i think these theater projects are never ending, but i enjoy it.
2P402 American Heritage Coronado Bonded Leathe from 55DowningStreet.com. My wife picked out these (4) for the bar top portion of my theater. I think they look nice and at under $90 each they are a good value.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chair.jpg (41.6 KB, 21 views)

Denon AVR-3311, Sherbourn 7-350, Fusion Tempest (LCR), Fusion Alchemy (4xSurrounds),15" Dayton Ultimax X 4, SMX 2.35:1 Screen
Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #586 of 596 Old 06-18-2014, 06:53 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Love the theater. It's giving me quite a bit of inspiration as well as setting the bar very high!! For your columns, did you seal the mdf before you painted it? I assume so and what product / process did you use? Did you ever think about using drywall as the material for you columns? I have a 9 foot ceiling with no soffits so I'm dealing with a height issue . thx matt
post #587 of 596 Old 07-22-2014, 05:52 PM

Do you have a picture of he screen wall without the screen on it? I see some, but none with the supports for the screen. I'm at that stage tomorrow. I'm planning on 11" of 3/4" plywood along the top, bottom and sides. On the top, I was planning on doubling up the plywood (oak veneer) to 1 1/2" for more strength. Otherwise it is just like yours and Mario's.

Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #588 of 596 Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Do you have a picture of he screen wall without the screen on it? I see some, but none with the supports for the screen. I'm at that stage tomorrow. I'm planning on 11" of 3/4" plywood along the top, bottom and sides. On the top, I was planning on doubling up the plywood (oak veneer) to 1 1/2" for more strength. Otherwise it is just like yours and Mario's.

i did it the way bigmoughindc has shared with us, check out the minimalist-approach-screen-wall

can't believe i only have a couple pics ... from my iphone sorry for the bad quality

post #589 of 596 Old 07-22-2014, 06:50 PM
d_c
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 62
This looks amazing, great job on the finish...and the everything else too. How much overhang do you have on the granite for the bar? I was thinking about going with 12" but am afraid that leaves too much unsupported granite hanging.
snickers1 likes this.
post #590 of 596 Old 07-22-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
i did it the way bigmoughindc has shared with us, check out the minimalist-approach-screen-wall

can't believe i only have a couple pics ... from my iphone sorry for the bad quality

What did you anchor your cabinet to? I have a 4x4 in the inside part of the cabinets at the back. I was then planning on mounting the support boards for the screen to the back of the 4x4. Is that okay? Here is a picture of the 4x4 attached to one of the cabinets.

Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #591 of 596 Old 07-22-2014, 06:54 PM

Pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cabinet Support Back.jpg (293.6 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpg Cabinet Support.jpg (322.7 KB, 122 views)
snickers1 likes this.

Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #592 of 596 Old 07-22-2014, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_c View Post
This looks amazing, great job on the finish...and the everything else too. How much overhang do you have on the granite for the bar? I was thinking about going with 12" but am afraid that leaves too much unsupported granite hanging.
Thank you, the bar is 18.5" and it over hangs 8.5" but the the top of the bar is thicker then where you knees go when sitting on a stool there is a tad over 12" of room plus every one pulls the stoll out some of coarse.
post #593 of 596 Old 07-22-2014, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
What did you anchor your cabinet to? I have a 4x4 in the inside part of the cabinets at the back. I was then planning on mounting the support boards for the screen to the back of the 4x4. Is that okay? Here is a picture of the 4x4 attached to one of the cabinets.

i have a couple 2x2's screwed into the stage and also to the soffit and also one long on the wall where the cabinet meets the wall then just nailed through the cabinet to the 2x2's then just filled the nail holes with filler and painted
post #594 of 596 Old 07-29-2014, 02:24 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

have been toying around with what do for backsplash be hind the bar, got an idea from some one that thought if i did a grey stone backsplash it would be to much gray and i think he was right
so the idea was use the same flooring material that was used for the bar floor

sorry only have iphone pic of it but i think it may work ... opinions are welcome of course

post #595 of 596 Old 08-10-2014, 05:56 AM

Where did you get the cleats for your screen? Menards? How many did you use and how long were they?

Theater Build
DIY Speaker / Sub Build
post #596 of 596 Old 08-10-2014, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Where did you get the cleats for your screen? Menards? How many did you use and how long were they?
We use 18" heavy duty ones. I think Home Depot may have them also not sure about Menards we don't those in our area.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page