Old 09-18-2014, 12:07 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by avtexan View Post
I am with you on the automation addiction. I am really into my project now. I hope to finish the lighting in the next couple of nights.
i love it almost as much as i do the theater , i have the lights setup so they all come on when the theater system is turned on so by the time we get down stars the projector is warm, equipment is on ,
rear shade closes via a somfy motor, once i play the movie the lights dim giving time to sit and get comfy then they shut down completely, if i pause a movie from any remote the automation software is watching the status of the Dune player so when it sees the movie has paused it brings up the perimeter lights up to 20% so your not walking in the dark to get another drink or restroom break. Then when movie ends the software is watching status of movie so when it gets to 97% which is where most movies start running the credits the lights come up again just like at the end of movie in a theater.

you maybe able to tell i sorta like this stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Red face Acoustic Fabric to cover speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Canada View Post
What did you anchor your cabinet to? I have a 4x4 in the inside part of the cabinets at the back. I was then planning on mounting the support boards for the screen to the back of the 4x4. Is that okay? Here is a picture of the 4x4 attached to one of the cabinets.
First, congrats on your HT built, its awesome.....

The question that i have is, i see that you have created cabinets to hold the speakers behind the AT screen and then used Acoustic panels surrounding it, so my Q is did you use any kind of black fabric to cover the back wall behind the screen to hide the speakers? What kind of material did you use? Your theater really inspired me for a similar setup.

Also, what are dimensions of your side panels (next to screen) and the size of your columns? Your response is appreciated.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:39 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizagi View Post
First, congrats on your HT built, its awesome.....

The question that i have is, i see that you have created cabinets to hold the speakers behind the AT screen and then used Acoustic panels surrounding it, so my Q is did you use any kind of black fabric to cover the back wall behind the screen to hide the speakers? What kind of material did you use? Your theater really inspired me for a similar setup.

Also, what are dimensions of your side panels (next to screen) and the size of your columns? Your response is appreciated.
Thank you!!

For the speaker they are just recessed into the wall about 4" i just made box out of MDF with a shelve on the bottom to hold the speaker in place,
the wall has foam acoustic wedges, that was basically to show off behind the screen when i turn the lights on that are mounting behind and below the screen.

I cant remember off the top of head the size of the cabinets on either side of the screen, i think they are about 24" wide,

The columns around the room i think 14" wide by 6" deep, this is something i wish i thought a little more about because with only being 6" it really limited on the size of the speaker i could fit in there.
so make sure you keep in mind they type and size speaker you plan on using.

hope that helps

Rich
Old 11-12-2014, 07:12 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
Thank you!!

For the speaker they are just recessed into the wall about 4" i just made box out of MDF with a shelve on the bottom to hold the speaker in place,
the wall has foam acoustic wedges, that was basically to show off behind the screen when i turn the lights on that are mounting behind and below the screen.

I cant remember off the top of head the size of the cabinets on either side of the screen, i think they are about 24" wide,

The columns around the room i think 14" wide by 6" deep, this is something i wish i thought a little more about because with only being 6" it really limited on the size of the speaker i could fit in there.
so make sure you keep in mind they type and size speaker you plan on using.

hope that helps

Rich
Thanks for your response. So from the front the screen behind looks complete black, i am assuming its due the acoustic wedges (black in color). One more question is what kind of acoustic material / fabric did you use on your columns and also what did you put in the bottom slot of the column. In the top portion, you placed a in wall speaker and covered with an acoustic fabric. Again your color combination is warm and attractive.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Thanks for your response. So from the front the screen behind looks complete black, i am assuming its due the acoustic wedges (black in color). One more question is what kind of acoustic material / fabric did you use on your columns and also what did you put in the bottom slot of the column. In the top portion, you placed a in wall speaker and covered with an acoustic fabric. Again your color combination is warm and attractive.
there is just bat insulation in the bottom of the columns, all the fabric is GOM (guliford of Maine).

The wedges behine the screen are black yes.

Thank you again

Rich
Old 11-16-2014, 06:30 PM

Smile Speaker grill fabric

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post
there is just bat insulation in the bottom of the columns, all the fabric is GOM (guliford of Maine).

The wedges behine the screen are black yes.

Thank you again

Rich
Thank you Rich for all your responses. One more question on speaker grill cloth is that i have found at parts express website which is about $7.25 per yard. Do you have any comments on the quality in terms of sound transparency. Also, what kind of material did you us for your columns. From picture it looks like it is cardboard.

http://www.parts-express.com/speaker...-wide--260-337
Old 11-16-2014, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Thank you Rich for all your responses. One more question on speaker grill cloth is that i have found at parts express website which is about $7.25 per yard. Do you have any comments on the quality in terms of sound transparency. Also, what kind of material did you us for your columns. From picture it looks like it is cardboard.

http://www.parts-express.com/speaker...-wide--260-337

I can't speak on the parts express speaker cloth because i did use it, but i assume since it is for speakers it would work well

the columns, the light trey, and 90% of what you see in the pics was 3/4 MDF parts of the Light trey is 1/2 MDF

the fabric for the upper part of the walls was GOM the color is Baltic blue
http://www.fabricmatestore.com/p-393-fr701-baltic.aspx

The columns and the cabinets on the stage are also GOM the color is Bleu Papier
http://www.fabricmatestore.com/p-443...eu-papier.aspx

There was no Cardboard used

here is Raw pic of the all the MDF that was used ...every thing that looks like Carboard is MDF.

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ptae8000u by PriceGrabber.com