The Merrimont trace Theater has begun - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 601 Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Conestoga tile in Dulles. You need to have an account they don't sell to the public. Yes

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 601 Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Yes
LOL!!!

Falcon Screens

post #63 of 601 Old 07-04-2012, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Jackpot!!!!

Toys and more Toys all in my garage smile.gif

truth be told not all is staying my friend need to use his trailer to move a friend so need a place to store his tools for the day

good news the table saw the router the chop saw and drywall lift are staying and paint sprayer lucky me

Falcon Screens

post #64 of 601 Old 07-08-2012, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

got a allot done this weekend but not as much as i would like
i have not posted any pic in while mainly because to be honest of just forgot to bring the camera down

anyway

two conduits have been run one is for the hdmi and cat6 from the projector to the equipment closet and the other is from the network patch panel to the equipment room fro running network cabling

ping stuff going up .... used unfazed because my basement already has the silver stuff so no need for two vapor barriers

first layer of drywall going up

Falcon Screens

post #65 of 601 Old 07-17-2012, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

i have run into a slight problem with figure out how to setup the rear speakers

they will have to be in the ceiling and the prob is that i have HVAC ducts int he way and there is really no option of moving them in this situation

i can do it this way and was wondering if any one else has done this way ?

Falcon Screens

post #66 of 601 Old 07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

how far apart can you put the two rears?

PROJECTS:

post #67 of 601 Old 07-17-2012, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:

how far apart can you put the two rears?

the center of the room lands on a joist so on ether side of that ....... option B would be go very wide

Falcon Screens

post #68 of 601 Old 07-17-2012, 10:24 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

how far apart is either side?

PROJECTS:

post #69 of 601 Old 07-17-2012, 10:28 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

a few inches .... i will get the wife to snap a pic and can show you better tonight

Falcon Screens

post #70 of 601 Old 07-17-2012, 10:30 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

you kinda can see here

Falcon Screens

post #71 of 601 Old 07-19-2012, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Drywall and rest of insulation shows up tomorrow ... so this weekend the basement/theater will be starting to taking shape,

speaker wire run check
electrical check
smurf tube to second level of house for whole house sonos check
smurf tube for speakers under future deck check
all conduit run for projector and networking check

so hope i am not forgetting anything

i think i will take some time tomorrow to walk through and be like santa and check my list twice before the first pice of drywall goes up.

Falcon Screens

post #72 of 601 Old 07-21-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

long day today ... me and my friend got the two layers and green glue on the ceiling in the theater area, also got the first layer of DW on the walls in theater area.

got the first layer of DW up in the bar area and also got some of the bulk head done.

drywall1.jpg

drywall2.jpg

drywall3.jpg

drywall4.jpg

drywall5.jpg

drywall6.jpg

drywall7.jpg

drywall8.jpg

And with this i have decided i will contracting out the mudding and taping and finishing of the drywall biggrin.gif

Falcon Screens

post #73 of 601 Old 07-21-2012, 07:27 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers1 View Post

And with this i have decided i will contracting out the mudding and taping and finishing of the drywall biggrin.gif

Exactly what I did.

PROJECTS:

post #74 of 601 Old 07-22-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:

Exactly what I did.

you have to pick your battles rolleyes.gif

Falcon Screens

post #75 of 601 Old 07-22-2012, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

spent another eight hours working today ...... my body is hurting all over but it is well worth it

still need to finish behind the bar and the bulk head

bar.jpg

the theater are now has two layer of drywall on all walls and ceiling

drywall9.jpg

drywall10.jpg

shot looking from bar area into theater and i was two tired to do the infamous tape on wall for where the screen will be smile.gif

drywall11.jpg

from the bar area looking towards the game room .... left the lights off there because it is the tool storage room at the moment

drywall12.jpg

all the speaker wire and also can see the conduit running into the equipment closet

equipment.jpg

Falcon Screens

post #76 of 601 Old 07-22-2012, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

my thoughts on double drywall and green glue (sound proofing)

when i started this i was thinking ok i am going to do this and that to sound proof the room double drywall green glue double drywall between joist ect....
and i will say this for all the folks that have not started the dream basement/theater, when i started and not sure if i speaking for others but i remember asking my self WHY!! and i doing all this it feels like i am building my basement TWICE!!!
I know for new people doing this for the first time you will ask your self the very same thing you will get tired you will think well i will just skip this or that....
I can now say this push your self through the long hours push your self through the stuff that nobody will ever see and stuff that most people will not appriciate except for you and the people on this forum... because when you the drywall goes up and all of sudden the foot fall and the dog walking across the hardwood floor above your room suddenly goes away you first will be amazed and second you will get excited and realize that all the back and neck pain and countless hours of doing things that you just hate doing is all worth it.

even though my room is open concept all of this work made a huge huge difference and now the biggest area all i need to work on is the stairwell leading upstairs it now echoes and the only time i can the wife is when she is the kitchen next to the stairway ... will be going with solid door and door sweep from sound proofing company.
BrolicBeast likes this.

Falcon Screens

post #77 of 601 Old 07-29-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

received crossover boards, will be building the econowave for my l/c/r's

IMG_4642.jpg

Falcon Screens

post #78 of 601 Old 07-29-2012, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

finished drywalling the theater and bar area this weekend ..just have the game room and bathroom left to drywall
IMG_4641.jpg

IMG_4640.jpg

IMG_4638.jpg

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

Falcon Screens

post #79 of 601 Old 07-30-2012, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

dodged a big bullet tonight... wife's car had a bad wheel hub/bearing rear driver side and her car is awd .... shop wanted 150 for the part and 325 to install

i ordered the part online for 110 and changed the hub/bearing tonight took hour and half and now nice and quiet drive again ...wifey is happy

now just have to pay for the little pugs dental next week and having a pimple looking thing removed from his little face wrinkle thank goodness we have doggy insurance and will get most of 600$ bill back

our little pugga

Falcon Screens

post #80 of 601 Old 08-13-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

not much to report .... this weekend finished all the rest of the drywall, i have a drywall guy coming out tomorrow night to look at the job for mudding and taping...he came highly recommend from a contractor friend ... spoke with him a little today and he has been doing this for 30 years and seems very picky on the tools and supplies he uses like he only the blue mess tape because it is two inches wide and only likes a certain kind of corner bead ext....

also have hvac guys coming up out friday to finish there stuff bathroom fan they are using a quite fan and they also bringing out and extra one for the equipment room...

will post some pics soon right now everything is just drywall boring!!!

so glad to be done with the messy drywall ...... i feel like it has taken me forever to get to this point i think i have seen big finish two projects in the amount of time it has taken me to get to this stage...

Falcon Screens

post #81 of 601 Old 08-15-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

drywall guy started tonight

got the all corner beed and tapeing .... he uses the wire mesh corner beed says it makes a stronger corner

bar area and theater area to the left

IMG_4655.jpg

looking into the theater area

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

looking into game room

IMG_4651.jpg

bar area and equipment area

IMG_4650.jpg

inside the game room

IMG_4649.jpg

Falcon Screens

post #82 of 601 Old 08-22-2012, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

drywall are almost done just have to do a little sanding and then should be ready for primer

very happy with there work all the lines are so tight and crisp and very square they did not skimp any where

as in previous post they used the same corner beed you would normally use for plaster walls and blue mess tape because it is wider

theater area

IMG_4689.jpg

IMG_4688.jpg

bar area and equipment closet

IMG_4687.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

IMG_4692.jpg

game room

IMG_4693.jpg

IMG_4685.jpg

fan for equipment ...put one of these in the bathroom also ...turned it on and swear i had to put my hand up in to make sure it was on!!! .3 sones

IMG_4694.jpg

Falcon Screens

post #83 of 601 Old 08-24-2012, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

ugh drywall guy just sent me a text with pic attached ...he had to get fluid drained from his arm guess he had a in grown hair that got infected so he will not be out until during the week mad.gif

o well i plenty of work to do ...bathroom still needs the shower drain moved and also need to finish dry walling it ...so it is not like the weekend will be a total lose

still would have been nice to get a coat of primer on the walls

Falcon Screens

post #84 of 601 Old 08-24-2012, 02:09 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

That is a picture I'd rather not see.

PROJECTS:

post #85 of 601 Old 08-24-2012, 02:25 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:

That is a picture I'd rather not see.

i guess he thought i may of not believed him ... was just his arm wrapped up

Falcon Screens

post #86 of 601 Old 08-24-2012, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.
post #87 of 601 Old 08-28-2012, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyjpilot View Post

Looking good so far. Keep up the good work.

thanks

drywall guys showed up tonight and started sanding ....looks like a coke factory blew up ..... looks like this weekend will be serious clean up before priming the walls

Falcon Screens

post #88 of 601 Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

When my basement was being sanded I put a big fan in a window blowing out and opened a window on the opposite side of the basement. It did a pretty good job of clearing the air. But I had to wash the screen.

PROJECTS:

post #89 of 601 Old 08-29-2012, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

Quote:

When my basement was being sanded I put a big fan in a window blowing out and opened a window on the opposite side of the basement. It did a pretty good job of clearing the air. But I had to wash the screen.

if only i had a full size window ...we did put a fan at the sliding glass door that helped ..... i am curious what did you do to get the floor clean again so when finish work starts your not tracking white foot prints every where..... shop vac is not gonna get the job done

Falcon Screens

post #90 of 601 Old 08-29-2012, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter
CEO FALCON SCREENS

need some opinions on colors , the carpet is silver lake house of jewels, cabinets are Sturbridge (red birch) and the laminate for the bar area is a black slate

ScreenShot2012-08-29at110142PM.png

Falcon Screens

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Panasonic Ptae8000u Hd Projector
Gear in this thread - Ptae8000u by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page