speaker locations - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We closed in the garage to make a theater/family room. The overall room is ~20 x 20', and the layout is primarily dedicated to the theater.

My speakers are Swans/Diva series for L/R/C and surrounds. I have a set of Optimus/Linnaeum LX5's that I think I'm going to add as rear effect speakers.

What I really want to address is mounting the LX5 speakers. I was thinking about mounting from the ceiling, but this would be easiest if I turn them upside down--tweeter facing the floor.

Any opinions on this type of mounting for this speaker? Would it be better to mount them lower--closer to the listening position?

thanks
Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-26-2012, 07:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 57
The L/C/R speakers should be roughly at (seated) ear level - flipping them is usually fine, if you can still do so.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
| Xbox Live: Atomic Hamper
post #3 of 3 Old 04-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by txmxer View Post

What I really want to address is mounting the LX5 speakers. I was thinking about mounting from the ceiling, but this would be easiest if I turn them upside down--tweeter facing the floor.

Any opinions on this type of mounting for this speaker? Would it be better to mount them lower--closer to the listening position?

thanks
Mike

I doubt there would be any problem with mounting the LX5's upside down. If anything, getting the tweeter away from the ceiling and closer to ear level would probably be a good thing.

In terms of mounting height, the usual recommendation for surround speakers is to mount them with the tweeters slightly above standing ear height. Ceiling mounted LX5's would be higher than that, I think, so you might want to angle them down a bit.

Maker of the finest saw dust since 1980, give or take

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page