deleted

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 02:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have you considered turning the room round? Having the door at the back is often preferable and as you're planning on ripping out everything there and covering that window you may find it would help with the screen wall.

Other than that I'll just say good luck and you're doing it the right way (ripping out and starting again). Remember, lots of pics!
post #3 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 590 Post(s)
Liked: 742
Quote:
Originally Posted by gareth_alien View Post

Have you considered turning the room round? Having the door at the back is often preferable

Only if you can enter at riser level, otherwise on the side in front of the first row is going to work better. A smaller relocated door as shown in your plan looks pretty good to me. Also if you are width constrained being able to enter the room and sit without squeezing bast your 11 inch aisle is a good plan.
post #4 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sexton View Post

The one non-negotiable item from the wife is that the room must have two rows of 4 seats (now it really makes sense). [/IMG]

This is going to be a fun build. Small rooms when done right tend to have a cozy feeling imo.

Also, everything is negotiable. Have you mentioned to your wife if you have three seats in the front row and 4 in the back, everyone's heads would be staggered for a better view of the screen? Just trying to save you some room for acoustics and the side speakers .
post #5 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 08:43 AM

Liked: 150
Take a look at my build thread, my room is only 11'8" wide after doing the double drywall. It is quite doable. My Jives are on the ocean and should be here in a little under 3 more weeks. I am doing |00||00| for my front row and using Tribues for my back row doing |00|. Wife wanted all loveseat configs.

I recommend creating a floorplan to scale, that way you can literally cut out pieces of paper to represent seats, lights, etc, and see how it all fits in. You can also post the floorplan here for people to critique.
post #6 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 09:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 39
"Not sure if it is strange to do a soffit/light tray when not in a basement, but I love the look and lighting/wiring options, so if I don’t get talked out of it, it will probably be an Irish (black/green) version of the Ruben/Damelon design."

I think most agree they look good on any floor. They've been done in other rooms as well such as living rooms and dining rooms so no worries there I believe. Especially with 9 foot ceilings.

Good luck.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by oman321 View Post

"Not sure if it is strange to do a soffit/light tray when not in a basement, but I love the look and lighting/wiring options, so if I don't get talked out of it, it will probably be an Irish (black/green) version of the Ruben/Damelon design."

I think most agree they look good on any floor. They've been done in other rooms as well such as living rooms and dining rooms so no worries there I believe. Especially with 9 foot ceilings.

+4. I have rope lights in the soffits of my dining room, poker room, master bedroom and a lot in the theater. Works great in most any area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scl23enn4m3 View Post

Small rooms when done right tend to have a cozy feeling imo.

You sound like a real estate agent!

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
Theater build photos: http://photobucket.com/autor-ht
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page