post #361 of 889 Old 04-26-2013, 05:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

I think it's an awesome idea. I *love* BD picture quality but this is a repository of soundtracks first and foremost. The soundtrack only takes a small fraction of the total size of the image. So I think it would make sense to make a version with compressed video but pristine sound track. However, while FLAC is interesting, you'll probably see many people who will insist on the *original* sound track in its proper format. Is there a way to keep the DTS MA or Dolby TrueHD track in a MKV container? If not FLAC could do the job I guess and it would be playable on a much wider range of players.

The soundtrack should take up quite a bit of space. Yes you can keep DTSMA and TrueHD in an mkv container. Many consumer level apps such as DVDFab will do all of this for you. Re-encoding could be a time intensive task. IMO, it's not work re-encoding the video to save the space.

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL : ScubaSteve2365
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 889 Old 04-26-2013, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

Bluray support was added in XBMC 12 ("Frodo"). So you have to get the latest version. With that it is able to either navigate an ISO image, or you can browse the STREAM folder to play the .m2ts files individually. In my experience, launching the menu doesn't work well with this particular menu (XBMC currently supports only one of the three possible Bluray menu types). Playing individual files works well enough and XBMC provides a preview (snapshot) of the movie so it's easy to tell which sequence you'll be playing.

XBMC also has the advantage that it can be set up to bitstream the audio to the HDMI port, bypassing the Windows mixer -- it uses the WASAPI interface for this instead of DirectSound. It took a bit of fiddling with the Windows sound configuration and XBMC to achieve this but once the correct settings are entered, it works like a charm and the receiver displays "DTS MA" or "Dolby HD" so you know it's decoding the stream.

I do have the latest version so that shouldn't be an issue. So I just need to point XBMC to the STREAM folder and it should work? Will it pop all the individual files up on the preview wall along with the cover art for all my other movies or will it just show a blank folder that I have to enter and navigate to find the clip I want?
post #363 of 889 Old 04-26-2013, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanice View Post

I do have the latest version so that shouldn't be an issue. So I just need to point XBMC to the STREAM folder and it should work? Will it pop all the individual files up on the preview wall along with the cover art for all my other movies or will it just show a blank folder that I have to enter and navigate to find the clip I want?

I use Jriver instead of XBMC--as an FYI, when played as a file from the stream folder and not as a *disc* from the BDMV level , the center channel for the LOTR clips won't work. FYI--I only play these files through Jriver because I think I screwed up somewhere--the menu's motion has a strange stop and go feeling to it. I thought I followed the instructions well, but I probably forgot to copy one of the folders per the disc creator's instructions or something like that. If XBMC is anything like Jriver, It will pick a frame from the file and display that as the cover art unless you manually change it.
post #364 of 889 Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanice View Post

It's basically as BrolicBeast said: the preview is a frame at a fixed time (e.g. 20 sec or so) into the movie. There won't be cover art because the XBMC scrubbers won't be able to associate the clip with the proper movie. This is typically done by matching folder or file names. So if you'd like cover art, one thing you could try is to rename each .m2ts file in the STREAM folder (but this will break the ISO structure so you might as well copy teh files elsewhere) so that the names are recognized by the artwork scrubber.

As for XBMC's behavior: if you have a single ISO file, selecting it will pop up a prompt asking you to either launch the menu or play any of the files in the STREAM folder (which normally corresponds to chapters or features in the Bluray). If you navigate inside the folder structure instead, you have basically three choices. Selecting the index file at the root will pop up the aforementioned prompt. Selecting the MovieObject file will launch the menu. Or, you can navigate manually to the STREAM folder and play any file individually. Note that the menu for that particular bluray is not supported by XBMC. For some reason, selecting a clip from the menu won't play it correctly: you stay in the menu and see the progress bar jumping around for the duration of the clip; then the *next* clip is launched correctly (!) and then the next one, etc. without returning to the menu after each clip. Also, the mouse won't work with the menu so you have to use the arrows on the keyboard. For these reasons I find it much easier to navigate the .m2ts files in the STREAM folder. If I get bored one night I may transition this to another folder and rename all the files: this will be simpler for me.

However, I really like the idea of using MKV file and encoding information about frequency content in the subtitles. E.g. "This passage has strong 10 Hz pulses", "45 Hz rumble", or "Broadband noise from 20 to 120 Hz" would be very informative as I often wonder what I'm hearing. Another thing that would be wicked cool would be the original audio with a split screen display of the image and progress along the associated waterfall graph biggrin.gif

post #365 of 889 Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

I think it's an awesome idea. I *love* BD picture quality but this is a repository of soundtracks first and foremost. The soundtrack only takes a small fraction of the total size of the image. So I think it would make sense to make a version with compressed video but pristine sound track. However, while FLAC is interesting, you'll probably see many people who will insist on the *original* sound track in its proper format. Is there a way to keep the DTS MA or Dolby TrueHD track in a MKV container? If not FLAC could do the job I guess and it would be playable on a much wider range of players.

The movie titles in subtitles is a great idea too, but having different .mkv files (one for each clip) would make more sense to me. I'd use the subtitle track to insert notes such as frequency content of a particular sequence for example.
I discovered it's indeed actually easier to do separate files, so I will do that; plus, people can download the files that they want. It's also faster to just keep the original, uncompressed audio track.
I did a couple of the clips and it works well, but it will take some time seeing as each clip takes about 15 minutes and I have to do some setup stuff for each one.
Quote:

However, I really like the idea of using MKV file and encoding information about frequency content in the subtitles. E.g. "This passage has strong 10 Hz pulses", "45 Hz rumble", or "Broadband noise from 20 to 120 Hz" would be very informative as I often wonder what I'm hearing. Another thing that would be wicked cool would be the original audio with a split screen display of the image and progress along the associated waterfall graph biggrin.gif

Man that would be really cool but I don't think MKV allows for multiple video tracks in a container. frown.gif I don't think I'd want to burn a waterfall image permanently into the videos... Frequency content in subs would be simple enough though, although I don't think that I'm enough of an expert to read a spectrum analysis and describe it...
post #366 of 889 Old 04-26-2013, 02:10 PM

Liked: 43
One could make an xbmc smart menu that scrapes the files with album art, but keeps the list desperate from your actual movie library. Currently I have a main menu item called "Demo Material" that has the bass files, as well as bass I love you.mp3 and other stuff that has no business being in a real library.
post #367 of 889 Old 04-27-2013, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Hi, anyone still seeding?
post #368 of 889 Old 04-28-2013, 08:33 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post

Hi, anyone still seeding?

me seeding ~80gb and delete - problem the double the size, this release and the corrected worker (removal of files and transfer)

small inconvenience at list reproduction, transition to the following scene doesn't work, only when the roller will end or through return to the list menu , the list long switches over from one to another.
Rollers very good thanks

player oppo bdp 95
post #369 of 889 Old 04-28-2013, 10:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unikym View Post

me seeding ~80gb and delete - problem the double the size, this release and the corrected worker (removal of files and transfer)

small inconvenience at list reproduction, transition to the following scene doesn't work, only when the roller will end or through return to the list menu , the list long switches over from one to another.
Rollers very good thanks

player oppo bdp 95

Hi Unikym, thanks.
post #370 of 889 Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi all, need some help. Just finished download BDMV file 46.5 GB in utorrent and right clicked BDMV to open containing folder.

This is what is display - 7 folders
AUXDATA - 292 KB size (I deleted multiAVCHD.mpf and sound.bdmv file with 0 KB)

BACKUP - 221 KB size which contained CLIPINF and PLAYLIST (I deleted index.bdmv and MovieObject.bdmv file with 0 KB)

BDMV - 23.8 KB size which contained index.bdmv 1 KB and MovieObject.bdmv 24 KB (I didn't find anything with 0 KB in this folder)

CLIPINF -170 KB size (I deleted all CLPI files from 00000 to 00065, 80010 to 90660 with 0 KB)

META - 159 KB size (I deleted DL AND ES file with 0 KB)

PLAYLIST - 27.4 KB size (I deleted all MPLS files from 00000 to 00065, 00301 to 00366 with 0 KB)

STREAM - 46.5 GB size (I deleted all M2TS files from 00000 to 00065, 80010 to 90660 with 0 KB)

Looking at post #197 by nickbuol I'm missing two folders, BDJO and JAR. Nothing was mention in post #1 about adding these two folders.
Also can someone help me to understand #2 in post #1.

2) In each folder, there will be another folder of the same name with the correct files in them. Cut these and put them in the first folder. Then delete the duplicate folder.
post #371 of 889 Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Number 2 means exactly what it says. In the duplicate folder, cut all the files out, put them in the first one, then delete the duplicate folder you just took the files out of. You don't need the BDJO or JAR folders. Just came back from a short vacation. I'll be working on Version 2 of the first volume, using Scenarist. Then Volume 2 will follow.

If most people don't care about the video or menu's, which is the bulk of the work, then I might as well just demux all the files and zip up just the audio. But that just seems rather cheap to me.
post #372 of 889 Old 04-29-2013, 02:42 AM

Jindrak
selection of movies and scenes good, but the menu if it is honest to me it wasn't convenient to use

if not to do Blu-ray a disk, there will be no restriction on volume, I play files from a hard disk

spider man 2
this scene good?
post #373 of 889 Old 04-29-2013, 06:25 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View Post

If most people don't care about the video or menu's, which is the bulk of the work, then I might as well just demux all the files and zip up just the audio. But that just seems rather cheap to me.

NOOOOO eek.gif
Blu_One likes this.
post #374 of 889 Old 04-29-2013, 07:29 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I love that the clips are all blu-ray quality, in both video and audio quality. Who wants to demo their system with something that looks like crap (even if the focus is on audio)?

Chronic masticator.
Gear: Speakers (Paradigm Reference Studio Series): 40 v4 (front L/R), CC-690 v4 (centre), 20 v4 (surround L/R). PSA XS30 (subwoofer).
Denon AVR-X4000, Emotiva XPA-5, Samsung PN64F8500 (64" plasma), DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000, PS3, Sony BDP-S6200, Apple TV (3rd gen.), Harmony One, Sennheiser RS180
post #375 of 889 Old 04-29-2013, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View Post

Number 2 means exactly what it says. In the duplicate folder, cut all the files out, put them in the first one, then delete the duplicate folder you just took the files out of. You don't need the BDJO or JAR folders.

Hi Jindrak, first off thank you for creating this demo.

Ok, let me see if I understand this so bare with me. In the first folder AUXDATA, right click open and I deleted multiAVCHD.mpf and sound.bdmv file with 0 KB ... which left me with another AUXDATA folder. I right click this and it show multiAVCHD.mpf 182 KB and sound.bdmv 112 KB files. I cut these two files and placed them into the first AUXDATA folder (highlight bold). Then delete the two files I just cut from.

If the above is correct, then do the same with BACKUP, BDMV, CLIPINF, META, PLAYLIST and STREAM.
post #376 of 889 Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tboe77 View Post

I love that the clips are all blu-ray quality, in both video and audio quality. Who wants to demo their system with something that looks like crap (even if the focus is on audio)?

blu-ray and bd remux equally video and audio
post #377 of 889 Old 05-13-2013, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I just wanted to post a big thank-you to Jindrak for creating this disc!

I got my new subwoofer last week (Power Sound Audio XS30). It replaced an SVS PB10-NSD. I've been using this demo disc to see what the new sub can do. Even though I already have many of the titles contained on this disc, it is WAY more convenient to use the demo disc than it would be to swap out individual movie discs and search for the right scenes.

I'm hearing TONS of LFE content that my old sub was simply incapable of reproducing. It's a real treat, and I'm having a great time with it!

Chronic masticator.
Gear: Speakers (Paradigm Reference Studio Series): 40 v4 (front L/R), CC-690 v4 (centre), 20 v4 (surround L/R). PSA XS30 (subwoofer).
Denon AVR-X4000, Emotiva XPA-5, Samsung PN64F8500 (64" plasma), DarbeeVision Darblet DVP5000, PS3, Sony BDP-S6200, Apple TV (3rd gen.), Harmony One, Sennheiser RS180
post #378 of 889 Old 05-13-2013, 09:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by tboe77 View Post

Man this looks very sweet - I need it biggrin.gif

Just need to figure out what this torrent thing is all about confused.gif

I'll get there cool.gif

65" PanasonicST60 | Onkyo809 | Oppo103 + 4TB WD HDD
PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
5.2 system - 5x Arx A2 + 2x SVS SB12-NSD | Harmony One | Samsung DA-E670
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #379 of 889 Old 05-13-2013, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucemck2 View Post

NOOOOO eek.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak

BIG BIG ++1

Watching the HD video while listening is key imo

Very cool work you're doing here cool.gif

thx !

PS4 pre-order | PS3 80GB / 4x USB | 1TB 9865HD | Apple TV3 | Darbee Darblet | AirPort Extreme
MonsterPower HTS1700 / 2x PRT510 / PRT410 | Monster / Blue Jeans / Emotiva cables
post #380 of 889 Old 05-14-2013, 05:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu_One View Post

Man this looks very sweet - I need it biggrin.gif

Just need to figure out what this torrent thing is all about confused.gif

I'll get there cool.gif

Yes, you do. wink.gif

http://utorrent.en.softonic.com/

Keep us posted.

Blu_One likes this.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1475769/de...ently-authored 

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #381 of 889 Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post

Yes, you do. wink.gif
http://utorrent.en.softonic.com/
Keep us posted.

Perfect, thank you Sir ! biggrin.gif

Once I figure out my current problem (Oppo 103 not reading USB drive.. I'm all over the 103 thread for this right now because I wanna play my ripped BDs (M2TS files) in the 103 I just got..) I will jump on this torrent thing in a sec, and report back obviously, can't wait ! smile.gif

post #382 of 889 Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View PostAlright, finally made the thread. So, as I've been browsing and reading through many of the forums, in particular the entire thread of "The reference list of bass movies", there are several, several, scenes and little moments of LFE bliss that many people would love to have all on one disc. Or maybe not, but oh well.  So, I have started to compile all of the many scenes that folks have said represent the ultimate in low-freq and bring inadvertent smiles across the room when played/felt. So here's the list of scenes that will be included as of right now:

From Scubasteve's Demo Disc:...Inception (How did you get Here?)..........

From Superleo's Demo Disc:.....Avatar (Hometree Attack)

This compilation will be in .iso format so that it is impossible for the folder structure to get messed up.

Will this play from a USB drive?

post #383 of 889 Old 05-16-2013, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Big +1

I have a 4TB USB Hard drive hooked up for playback to an Oppo 103, I could use this on there biggrin.gif

post #384 of 889 Old 05-16-2013, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post

Did you REALLY need to quote the entire post to ask that question?

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

You may have luck running the files through MultiAVCHD. Hopefully, someone with an Oppo (for Blu_One; what player do you have?) will chime in.

Rob Greer likes this.

post #385 of 889 Old 05-17-2013, 04:07 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View PostDid you REALLY need to quote the entire post to ask that question? Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.  You may have luck running the files through MultiAVCHD. Hopefully, someone with an Oppo (for Blu_One; what player do you have?) will chime in.

Sorry :(

post #386 of 889 Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 PM

Liked: 11
I have an oppo103 and I just copied the stream files to an external usb hard drive and left them in the m2ts file structure and they played great. Thanks for putting this all together.
Blu_One likes this.
post #387 of 889 Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1redss View Post

I have an oppo103 and I just copied the stream files to an external usb hard drive and left them in the m2ts file structure and they played great. Thanks for putting this all together.

Are the files already in M2TS format ?

That would work great for me.. biggrin.gif

post #388 of 889 Old 05-18-2013, 09:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:

Are the files already in M2TS format ?

That would work great for me.. biggrin.gif

Yes, .m2ts files under the BD STREAM folder
Blu_One likes this.
post #389 of 889 Old 05-18-2013, 10:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Horstkotte View Post

Yes, .m2ts files under the BD STREAM folder

Thx ! biggrin.gif

Oh man that's perfect then I could just copy the file (is the final product ONE M2TS file with DTS-HD/Dolby True HD/LPCM sound or multiple M2TS files?) to my 4TB drive and playback with the Oppo 103 : D

Honestly I want it more than I've wanted any BDs, EVER ! Obviously I haven't seen it yet but major major props to the author who took the time and care to put this all together on one disc, with HD VIDEO/AUDIO cool.gif

But I just need to figure out this whole process. confused.gif I've only recently starting ripping my BDs with DVDFab 9, using M2TS passthrough rip method, very easy so I've been doing that now for a week but this (amazing biggrin.gif) file here and the whole process seems intimidating to me since I've never done anything like this. Getting utorrent and downloading the file seems pretty straight forward, but it's the whole process afterward that I'm really not sure about.. All I want is a M2TS file (or multiple files whatever the case might be) with DTS-HD / Dolby True HD / or LPCM that I can transfer to my hard drive..

I'll get it done....... confused.gif

post #390 of 889 Old 05-18-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Honestly I want it more than I've wanted any BDs, EVER ! Obviously I haven't seen it yet but major major props to the author who took the time and care to put this all together on one disc, with HD VIDEO/AUDIO cool.gif

Obviously, you missed ScubaSteve's, which, I believe, are no longer available. But you can get Leo's:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1391873/reference-blu-ray-demo-disc-bd9-dvd-dl-media-bd50

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1469192/reference-2-blu-ray-demo-disc-bd9s-bd50

Instructions are included in the first couple of posts.

And help is available. wink.gif

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Master And Commander The Far Side Of The World Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Irobot , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , Transformers Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy Blu Ray Digital Copy , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page