#### The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc #### - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 165Likes

post #31 of 1335 Old 08-14-2012, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 149
I know a few more gig's need to be lost., I was just stating the current size of the folder. Hard to let some of these go.

If one is going to make a simplistic assessment of the value of different alignments, it would be that sealed/IB goes the lowest, at the highest cost per dB; horns have the lowest cost per dB at the expense of size, and vented box characteristics lie in between the other two. None is inherently superior across the board, neither is any inherently inferior across the board. The one to use is the one that fits your response and output needs, available space and bank account. -BFM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 1335 Old 09-04-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

All scenes have been collected, and I'm currently in the process of making a menu. That's really all that's left is menu creation and then making a test disc. smile.gif

If one is going to make a simplistic assessment of the value of different alignments, it would be that sealed/IB goes the lowest, at the highest cost per dB; horns have the lowest cost per dB at the expense of size, and vented box characteristics lie in between the other two. None is inherently superior across the board, neither is any inherently inferior across the board. The one to use is the one that fits your response and output needs, available space and bank account. -BFM
post #33 of 1335 Old 09-04-2012, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 706

post #34 of 1335 Old 09-04-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Nice. We are still watching and waiting.

Current HT: HTPC-->Epson 5010 projector-->135" screen, BFM TLAHs x7 & THT
Build log: DIY rotary sub for contemporary HT in 100 year old house?
Andreas' Slow Rotary Sub build
post #35 of 1335 Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 27
I have a dts disc from 2008 as well. Got it from a circuit city closing

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

post #36 of 1335 Old 09-04-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 312
Ready when you are smile.gif

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."
Screening Room - The Dream House
RPCRT-TV Overscan Reduction
Reference Blu-Ray Demo Disc

Reference 2: Blu-Ray Demo Disc

The Best of the Demo Discs Demo Disc

post #37 of 1335 Old 09-05-2012, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View Post

All scenes have been collected, and I'm currently in the process of making a menu. That's really all that's left is menu creation and then making a test disc. smile.gif

What software have you decided to use? Did you not make a simple test disc already? You should have made one that has three or four clips on it so that you know your clip trimming process and resulting clips are fully compliant. Even then youll probably still have clips that fail to mux that will have to be, for a lack of a better word, repaired.

Talking about sort of makes me want to make another one. Home Theater Demo Disc v3(d)... Hmmnnn

"The Scuba Tank" thread here
PSN/XBL/Steam : ScubaSteve2365 - PC = i7-4790k, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB Ram, 500G SSD, 14TB HDDs
My VR Podcast on Youtube - VR Roundtable - Vive, Playstation VR, and Rift Owner
post #38 of 1335 Old 09-05-2012, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You're doing gods work.. I applaud you.
SuperFist likes this.
post #39 of 1335 Old 09-05-2012, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Definitely excited for this!

Even though I don't have the most awesome sub setup compared to most of you lot it would be awesome to have something like this regardless biggrin.gif
SuperFist likes this.
post #40 of 1335 Old 09-05-2012, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Like i did for scubasteves discs, if i can paypal you for a done blu ray, let me know. Dont have the time to download and burn this. Thanks!
And I hope someone puts the Kill Bill Bride fight scene vs the gang one day on their disc.....

Samsung 3D UN65H7150 UH02;MediaLight Quad Bias Light;Yamaha RX-A2070BL 5.2.4 Atmos/DTSX
Def Tech Promonitor 1000 Def Tech Procenter 2000
Def Tech Promonitor 800 ceilings and surrounds;AC Infinity Aircom T8 Cooling System.
ProSub 800-Klipsch KSW150 Sub;Monster HTS 2600MKII Power Conditioner
Oppo UDP-103 Bluray-Apple TV 4th Gen;Harmony One;PlayStation 4 gaming
post #41 of 1335 Old 09-05-2012, 05:50 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, now we got some excitement going on smile.gif

Scuba - I did make a test disc just on my computer, both an image (.iso) file and a complete bdmv folder setup and tested it with PowerDVD just to make sure all the scenes functioned the way I wanted to. Still haven't completed the menu yet, but will also test that out on the comp before burning to the dual layer blu-ray. (I'll be using a BD-RE that way I can erase and burn again in case of things I want to change.) The first software I had tried out was called EasyBD. It included an "easybd menu" app, which was lame, and a more full featured menu creation tool called "IG Editor", which was better, but lacked a way to link the different pages and menu options together and to the clips. So after I get back from vacation, I'll be using DoStudio. Hopefully that will work, otherwise the only other option will be a trial run with Sony BluPrint or hoping that either you or superleo could make the menu for me. But hopefully DoStudio should hit the spot, as it seems to be a more full featured program than EasyBD.

One thing I've always wondered was why these studio/software makers make menu creation such a hassle. I've made dozens of DVD menu's with DVDLab Pro, and it was very intuitive and simple to use. And yet all these other offerings for Blu-Ray are rather overly complicated (so far from what I've seen). Of course, the other thing is that full featured Blu-Ray creation is still a little bit in its infancy.

k1llabee - Hmm, never heard anyone suggest Kill Bill for sub scenes. I'll have to check that out. I'm also thinking about making a "Volume 2" for the Bass Disc, since there are still so many more Bass scenes out there.

post #42 of 1335 Old 09-06-2012, 04:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I disagree, I don't think BD authoring is in its infancy. Its far more capable than DVD authoring. The issue is two fold.

1) there isn't much in regards to consumer level template menu offering
2) BD authoring split with BDMV and java being very different

The menu creation is very, very hard, because it's very tedious. You have to manually build everything. Leo and I could not do it for you, as it is dependent on the authoring software used and we used Scenarist. With Scenarist, and hopefully the other professional grade suites, you actually create the menu in photoshop. You don't just create the look of the menu, but rather you do the full animated states of each button and organize them into layers. A script is then installed in photoshop that will export the resulting file into something that scenarist interprets. All the while you have to be regulating buffer size. It's simply just a ton of not fun tedious work, but it's rewarding when done to see the menu operate when you manually created and developed each little piece. In fact when users tell me they ripped the clips and play it back without using the menu I cringe a little, has a little bit of a "my brand new car just got dinged by a shopping cart" kind of feel to it.

Hunker in, you've got a ton of work to do. Of course I could be wrong and do studio might have an easy button but something tells me it won't.

PSN/XBL/Steam : ScubaSteve2365 - PC = i7-4790k, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB Ram, 500G SSD, 14TB HDDs
post #43 of 1335 Old 09-06-2012, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Dostudio's menu creation is pretty similar to Scenarist. You create the menu in Photoshop and then import the layers with a tool (Moseiac). There are several tutorials for menu creation for Dostudio.

Most of your work now would be in Photoshop.

Like Steve, I believe that the coolest thing about these discs is the menus. Not only because is hard work to create them, but because is what actually makes the discs shine, being able to use popup-menus to navigate the disc and have everything available right there and there is the soul of these creations. Having the demo clips is one part of the whole deal, but If you haven't actually use the discs with menus you are actually missing out.

I'm sure The Ultimate Bass disc will have "kick ass" navigation too. Looking forward to it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #44 of 1335 Old 09-06-2012, 11:34 AM - Thread Starter

Scuba - That's what I meant, but I guess it didn't come out that way.

Hopefully this thing should actually go by fast, because when I was using the IGEditor, I already went ahead and made all the buttons in PS and I already have the background image as well. Really all that needs to happen is a way to link the buttons with the proper remote commands (up, down, left, right, enter) and then link each title to the corresponding video. It's a rather simple menu. I'll have to see how the pop-up menu stuff works, because I'm not sure how I'll fit that in.

post #45 of 1335 Old 09-08-2012, 12:17 AM

Liked: 10
subscribed and now waiting.
post #46 of 1335 Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM

in for this !
post #47 of 1335 Old 10-06-2012, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1698 Post(s)
Liked: 1630
Me too, in and subscribed. cool.gif

Anxiety is contagious, please keep yours to yourself.
post #48 of 1335 Old 10-12-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Sweet, count me in. biggrin.gif
post #49 of 1335 Old 10-15-2012, 01:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 39
This is gonna be awesome. Looking forward to it. I think another important thing to come out of this is realising how much work has gone into the previous demo discs by scuba and super Leo. I constantly go back to these discs for demo with friends. Your selfless efforts are truly appreciated. Thank you.

Follow my thread here
post #50 of 1335 Old 10-15-2012, 02:36 AM

Liked: 13
+1

HAA Level II
ISF Certified
Oz Audio Exorcists
post #51 of 1335 Old 10-16-2012, 02:20 PM

Liked: 17
One of my clients is an editor at Bad Robot and I was going to pay him to make me a similar demo disk. However, since you've already picked most of what I planned to use myself, I think it's easier for me to simply (eagerly) wait for yours! wink.gif

"By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next." -- William Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part II
post #52 of 1335 Old 10-16-2012, 04:58 PM

Rebuilding my theater and incorporating a infinite baffle subwoofer. Looking forward to your demo disc.
post #53 of 1335 Old 10-18-2012, 12:11 AM

Any timeline for completion? I'm getting ready for carpet and would love to check this out!
post #54 of 1335 Old 10-18-2012, 04:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Greer View Post

One of my clients is an editor at Bad Robot and I was going to pay him to make me a similar demo disk. However, since you've already picked most of what I planned to use myself, I think it's easier for me to simply (eagerly) wait for yours! wink.gif

You know that there are already two really good blurays out there already right? One by me and another by superleo. No need to wait. Ours aren't subwoofer specific but they do have subwoofer categories.
Rob Greer likes this.

post #55 of 1335 Old 10-23-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve2365 View Post

You know that there are already two really good blurays out there already right? One by me and another by superleo. No need to wait. Ours aren't subwoofer specific but they do have subwoofer categories.

Links?
post #56 of 1335 Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^^^
Bing, Google, Yahoo?
Forum search maybe?
Hint... Signature?
Rob Greer likes this.

post #57 of 1335 Old 10-23-2012, 06:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 668 Post(s)
Liked: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by superleo View Post

^^^
Bing, Google, Yahoo?
Forum search maybe?
Hint... Signature?

Ha. Love it!
post #58 of 1335 Old 10-23-2012, 10:18 AM

Liked: 17
Quote:

Great advice! Last week I downloaded both and copied yours to a thumb drive for viewing via my Oppo. It works great! I just ordered a 128GB thumb drive so I can copy both of them to one device and then leave them plugged in all the time.

Which begs the question, has anyone considered making a 120+ GBsampler that includes ALL of the clips in question? Then, for those of us who have devices that can read from media other than Blu-rays (thumb drives, hard drives), the total amount of demo material available could be tripled (almost)!

"By my troth, I care not; a man can die but once; we owe God a death.... He that dies this year is quit for the next." -- William Shakespeare, Henry the Fourth, Part II
post #59 of 1335 Old 11-29-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 1437
Quote:

Hi Scubasteve, how would I go about securing a copy ofyour Demo disc?
post #60 of 1335 Old 11-30-2012, 11:27 AM

I want one !!!
biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Master And Commander The Far Side Of The World Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Irobot , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , Transformers Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy Blu Ray Digital Copy , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page