Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingblayde View Post

If I remember correctly a PS3 needs a HD to be formatted to FAT32, which means it wont recognize individual files bigger than 4gig, a BR rip can be upwards of 40gig, so you wont be able to put rips on it and have the PS3 see them, you might be better off putting the rips on that external, then running a prog called PS3 Media Server, its free, and sharing the external with the rips on the network and accessing it thru the PS3 like that.

Is this the same for an OPPO BD-105?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 05:10 AM

Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundSmile View Post

Is this the same for an OPPO BD-105?

Im not sure how to go about it using the Oppo with just files, I have downloaded all the demo discs and burned them on dual layer blurays, Sorry! frown.gif

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
Oppo BDP-103, , Middle Atlantic Slim 5-37-26
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
Dual - PSA XV15's, Fractal Designs Node 605 HTPC
post #633 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 05:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unikym View Post

tell me please
there is an opportunity to make that the following roller was launched as will come to an end previous, irrevocably in the menu and manual start, as in the first collection

Wow, Google did a job on that one (and I wonder how THAT idiom translates).

From the first screen, you can go forwards and backwards, just like the first collection.

There does not seem to be a "play all" option, though, so playback stops after each one.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #634 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View Post

And yes, there is an issue with the Star Trek and Super 8 scenes in volume 2. To correct this would mean I'd have to rebuild the image and then you'd have to re-download, but I don't want to put you guys through that for 2 scenes. So, I'll just upload those individually.

EDIT: Ah! Nice artwork there Leo smile.gif

I have never had luck replacing one file with another without breaking the BD structure.

You may want to make the files available for those loading them individually, though.

And yes, indeed, many thanks, Leo.

Downloadable FREE demo discs:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
post #635 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 35
** PPF-O-MATIC reference removed since it only applies patches and not create them, which is useless for our cause **

post #636 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 06:42 AM

Will it unpack the ISO, fix the files, then repack it back to an ISO? Ive always wondered how to update or fix something in an ISO file, like a live Antivirus disc I have, its a year old, how do I update the virus definitions on it so that when I work on a PC I know I have just about the latest and greatest Def's.

Optoma HD33, Onkyo TX-NR818 in a 9.2 setup, Emotiva XPA-5 G2, UPA-700 for eventual 11.2 setup
F - Klipsch RB-61 II, C - Klipsch RC-62 II, Side/Rear Surrounds - Klipsch RS-42's, Heights - Klipsch RS-41's
post #637 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpitz View Post

There's a tool called PPF-O-MATIC that can scan for the diff's between two files and create a patch file which contains only the differences, once you upload that diff file, we can just patch the original ISO which we already downloaded...

The tool can be downloaded here: PPF-O-Matic v3.0

My NOD32 pops up when I try to d/l that file, Afterdawn trying to instal shovelware on my pc.

post #638 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 215
As mentioned before in order for the PS3 to play these discs through an external drive, be it a thumb drive or a USB harddrive, the drive needs to be formatted as a FAT32 drive. If you want to play the disc as a disc with menus the disc needs to be run through MultiAVCHD on reauthored mode. The full explanation is found on a couple of the other threads.

If you just want to play the clips directly, then these need to be converted to TS files since there is no support for m2ts files. TsMuxer will do a the necessary conversion.

Regarding the Oppo players, I believe they would still play a BDMV structure as long is contained inside another folder, but better check at the Oppo threads for a for sure answer.

As of last night I was still downloading. Once I have the file, and can capture the menu, I'll include the disc with the other independently author discs.

wink.gif Thanks and you're welcome on the artwork.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

post #639 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

My NOD32 pops up when I try to d/l that file, Afterdawn trying to instal shovelware on my pc.

** PPF-O-MATIC reference removed since it only applies patches and not create them, which is useless for our cause **
Slingblayde likes this.

post #640 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 11:08 AM

Liked: 13
I cannot get the new links on the first page to download. Everything look good until its looking / connecting to peers. Anybody else?
post #641 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 11:33 AM
Advanced Member

Which client do you use? It did that to me the 1st time, I closed utorrent, then re-opened it, and it was fine since...

i shared 80gb so far with my measly 5mbps upload smile.gif

I sure miss Texas FIOS frown.gif((

post #642 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 11:38 AM

Its working now. Using Utorrent, first time using these... just bought a new 2tb hdd to start sharing and dl'ing smile.gif
Plan on helping share these iso's for a while to help out!
Thanks for these cant wait to test them out today, if it finishes
post #643 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvix View Post

Its working now. Using Utorrent, first time using these... just bought a new 2tb hdd to start sharing and dl'ing smile.gif
Plan on helping share these iso's for a while to help out!
Thanks for these cant wait to test them out today, if it finishes

If you are going to burn it on dual layer blurays, dont make the mistake I made, I made 4 coasters in a row (almost $20 wortha discs mad.gif) because I had the bluray files stored on an external drive instead of right on the SSD drive & 1T secondary drive of my PC. Burn them right off the hard drive on your PC, not from the external. What really ticks me off is I KNOW not to ever burn over the network or from external drives but I did it like an idiot anyways.

post #644 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

If you are going to burn it on dual layer blurays, dont make the mistake I made, I made 4 coasters in a row (almost $20 wortha discs mad.gif) because I had the bluray files stored on an external drive instead of right on the SSD drive & 1T secondary drive of my PC. Burn them right off the hard drive on your PC, not from the external. What really ticks me off is I KNOW not to ever burn over the network or from external drives but I did it like an idiot anyways.

I think an external drive would be OK if it's connected using eSata (and maybe USB3). USB2 is definately a no-no smile.gif

post #645 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:

I think an external drive would be OK if it's connected using eSata (and maybe USB3). USB2 is definately a no-no smile.gif

Mine is connected e-SATA and I still pooched all those discs frown.gif
As soon as I copied it to my SSD I had no problem.

post #646 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Mine is connected e-SATA and I still pooched all those discs frown.gif
As soon as I copied it to my SSD I had no problem.

Oh wow, good to know!

Did you run a speedtest on the HDD connected via eSATA? Maybe it's fragmented? What burn speed did you try? All 4 tries with the same burn speed?

post #647 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Oh wow, good to know!

Did you run a speedtest on the HDD connected via eSATA? Maybe it's fragmented? What burn speed did you try? All 4 tries with the same burn speed?

I havent tried any speed tests on the drive, I figured e-SATA should be plenty fast enough to keep the buffer full. I could test it for fragmentation, but I dont use it that much. It is a 1T WD Green drive, so it spins slower, but it should be plenty fast enough to keep up. Now I put the bluray files right on the local machine on the SSD, and it works perfect. Yes all 4X burn speed, thats the fastest blank media I could find that could be printed on. These discs from Microcenter
shpitz likes this.

post #648 of 912 Old 11-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes all 4X burn speed, thats the fastest blank media I could find that could be printed on.

The wiki shows that 4x is ~18MB/s which is fairly slow, and any current drive is at least that fast... i'm puzzled, oh well smile.gif

post #649 of 912 Old 11-21-2013, 06:33 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View Post

Here is the link for Volume 1 in ISO format:

Volume 1

And yes, there is an issue with the Star Trek and Super 8 scenes in volume 2. To correct this would mean I'd have to rebuild the image and then you'd have to re-download, but I don't want to put you guys through that for 2 scenes. So, I'll just upload those individually.

EDIT: Ah! Nice artwork there Leo smile.gif

Thanks Jindrak for your efforts on these demo discs. I was wondering if there is any benefit to having the Volume 1 .ISO over the folder structure I currently have.

Mark

post #650 of 912 Old 11-21-2013, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Dammit I've set this thread's subscription setting to "weekly" by error and totally missed the announcement for vol. 2!

Will download and seed tonight!

post #651 of 912 Old 11-21-2013, 07:27 AM

Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

Dammit I've set this thread's subscription setting to "weekly" by error and totally missed the announcement for vol. 2!

Will download and seed tonight!

I have mine set to immediate, but it only emails you of 1 new post, otherwise you have to come and login, and read the unread posts, and then you will get another email once someone else posts. Kind of annoying. But at the same time, not too annoying.

post #652 of 912 Old 11-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

Thanks Jindrak for your efforts on these demo discs. I was wondering if there is any benefit to having the Volume 1 .ISO over the folder structure I currently have.

Mark

Not really, unless you want AnyDVD to do some processing on the ISO when mounted as a drive (remove warnings, make the disc region-free if it is locked, etc...).

You can always create an ISO out of a folder structure. See the following thread for the batch files that do it:

https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?15801-Answer-How-to-quickly-convert-folders-to-ISO&s=0870206cf1a60e2e4f80908e07acf8cd&p=231420#post231420

All is needed is to have ImgBurn installed.

post #653 of 912 Old 11-23-2013, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

By the way, I'll be seeding all weekend for vol. 2...

post #654 of 912 Old 11-25-2013, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

By the way, I'll be seeding all weekend for vol. 2...

Guess this ended as there is only 1 person seeding now. I must of missed the boat on Vol 2 as everyone has grabbed it, then jumped ship.

post #655 of 912 Old 11-25-2013, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Mine should still be seeding. I have only shut it down a couple of times just to reboot since it was released, but usually had it back up and running within no more than 30 minutes (I forgot to restart the Torrent app right away a couple of times).

- Nick Buol

post #656 of 912 Old 11-25-2013, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSly View Post

Guess this ended as there is only 1 person seeding now. I must of missed the boat on Vol 2 as everyone has grabbed it, then jumped ship.

I see 12 seeds and 9 peers now.
I can seed a little bit, but I am only 20 gig from going over my monthly allowed 275gig bandwidth cap. then I have to shut it down again till Dec 1st frown.gif

Any word when Jindrak is going to upload the 2 clips that are corrupted so we can replace them in the ISO?

post #657 of 912 Old 11-25-2013, 06:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSly View Post

Forgot to stop it this morning, still seeding for all day smile.gif

post #658 of 912 Old 11-25-2013, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

I'm still seeding... 129gb shared so far... I'm also on a cap, 1TB/mo on Mediacom near Chicago...

post #659 of 912 Old 11-25-2013, 10:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Crap. I wasn't thinking about my data cap. Mediacom for me runs $79 just for internet at their 15meg down level and I am at a 250GB/month cap. I better check that out when I get home.

- Nick Buol

post #660 of 912 Old 11-25-2013, 05:17 PM

We should have someone start burning these to Blu-ray and selling them to members smile.gif
I got it downloaded but waiting on my Blue-Ray burner and disks to arrive!
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Master And Commander The Far Side Of The World Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Irobot , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , Transformers Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy Blu Ray Digital Copy , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page