#### The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc #### - Page 37 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-26-2015, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi all,

I'm afraid I don't have a burner so I need to figure out one of the following 2 solutions:

1) Streaming from my desktop without losing any quality

2) Sending someone who has a burner some cash and/or blanks in return for sending me the complete product (i'm in TX)

My computer is pretty old... CPU is a Q6600 and my vidcard is a radeon 6870. I'm able to bring one of my work's Precision T1700 SFF desktops home, but I don't know if that's any help either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2015, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hey guys!

I can't wait to test this BD with my Sb2000!! But I can't seem to complete the download of part 3... it keeps on hanging at 99% third try and still no luck...
Does anyone else have this problem?

Cheers!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 688 Post(s)
Liked: 494
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_abbot View Post
Finally got it to work. I had to install the chrome plugin. After the install it downloaded completely. Don't know why that helped, but whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi-MC View Post
But I can't seem to complete the download of part 3... it keeps on hanging at 99% third try and still no luck...
Depending on your browser, you may need to install a plug-in. You can uninstall it afterwards if such things bother you.

Did you really need to quote that entire post in your reply?
Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Welcome to AVS - Get out while you still can!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeez View Post
1) Streaming from my desktop without losing any quality
You can download the discs and run the individual m2ts files in the STREAM folder. A program like VLC Player usually works well. If your system supports it, you will get HD sound and video.

Downloadable FREE demo discs: Demonstration Blu-Ray Discs (Independently Authored)
Old 03-27-2015, 07:14 PM

And what is the plugin?
This is strange because I've downloaded part 1, 2 and 4 with no problems whatsoever...
I also can't get JDownloader to "grab" the links...

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:15 PM

Ups, sorry: I use Chrome
Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

I think it's this one:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...lghod?hl=en-US

window -> extensions -> get more extensions

Old 03-27-2015, 07:33 PM

I'll give it a go! Thanks
Old 03-28-2015, 05:16 AM

After adding the Chrome extension it worked. Thanks a bunch!
Old 03-28-2015, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Old 03-31-2015, 09:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Squires, have you been able to fix your problem? I've checked the original files I have and they all play fine.

If one is going to make a simplistic assessment of the value of different alignments, it would be that sealed/IB goes the lowest, at the highest cost per dB; horns have the lowest cost per dB at the expense of size, and vented box characteristics lie in between the other two. None is inherently superior across the board, neither is any inherently inferior across the board. The one to use is the one that fits your response and output needs, available space and bank account. -BFM
Old 04-01-2015, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View Post
Squires, have you been able to fix your problem? I've checked the original files I have and they all play fine.
Yes, I did get them to all work using MPC-HC. I had to tweak a few setting but eventually I got it with the help of others in this thread. For whatever reason Kodi was causing me issues, probably a setting I had wrong... Thanks for checking in. Now I just need to find someone who can burn these for me, they are taking up tons of space on my hard drive!!

I've got MartySub and Custom subwoofer flatpacks for Sale. Check the link out for MartySub info, PM me with questions about custom designed flatpacks. MartySub Flatpacks are back

Also, Check out my End-Table Marty Build
Old 04-06-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast View Post
You can download the discs and run the individual m2ts files in the STREAM folder. A program like VLC Player usually works well. If your system supports it, you will get HD sound and video.
Hi !

Thanks for the message. I downloaded volume one using mega and extracted the ISO from the 9 rar files, but have run into a problem... I cannot extract anything from the ISO itself.

Since you said to try and play the individual files i assumed I had to extract them from the ISO. It has been a very long time since I worked with ISOs so my memory may be wrong.. I think I used to use daemon tools to mount ISOs, but winRAR could "unzip" them.

WinRAR and peazip both fail to do anything and ask for a password. I tried mounting it using an old microsoft iso mounting software, but that failed as well.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-06-2015, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 222
How is this things still not available via torrent? lol
Old 04-06-2015, 09:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 222
The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc Volume #3 needs to be renamed to.......

Old 04-07-2015, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
WinRAR and peazip both fail to do anything and ask for a password.
You missed this little tidbit in the thread:
"The password to (sic) un-zipped the file is "AVSFORUM" (with out the quotes of course)."

Old 04-07-2015, 06:25 AM

Thanks! I swear I searched the thread for "password" and got no results.. Maybe I made a typo
Old 04-07-2015, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

The search function of this board leaves a great deal to be desired.
mhobart likes this.

Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnu008 View Post
How is this things still not available via torrent? lol
Because it's over two years old. If you post a request for seeders, you may have some luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auburnu008 View Post
The ULTIMATE Bass Demo Disc Volume #3 needs to be renamed to......
Actually, he did rename it to "folder," but you can't change the title of a thread. He discovered, as most who've undertaken a project such as this, that it is more trouble than it's worth.
The files have been collected and edited; do with them what you wish.

Old 04-23-2015, 03:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded the first disc via Mega and was able to unzip it successfully to get the ISO. However, I am unable to unzip the contents of the ISO itself. WinRAR starts but then ends in one second without accomplishing anything. I've tried mounting the ISO and Windows Explorer tells it doesn't recognize it or it may be corrupt. I have downloaded the RARs twice just in case something went wrong the first time.

Could anybody offer me some advice on what I might be doing incorrectly? For example, I do not have any software related to watching blurays. My goal was to extract the video files from the ISO and stream them to my ps3 using PS3 Media Server.

Btw, I know there was as password (as kindly pointed out by LastButNotLeast) but this did not seem to help me. I am going to try download the 2nd disc and see if I have different luck, but I would appreciate some advice on disc one =)
Old 04-23-2015, 03:21 PM

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded the first disc via Mega and was able to unzip it successfully to get the ISO. However, I am unable to unzip the contents of the ISO itself. WinRAR starts but then ends in one second without accomplishing anything. I've tried mounting the ISO and Windows Explorer tells it doesn't recognize it or it may be corrupt. I have downloaded the RARs twice just in case something went wrong the first time.

Could anybody offer me some advice on what I might be doing incorrectly? For example, I do not have any software related to watching blurays. My goal was to extract the video files from the ISO and stream them to my ps3 using PS3 Media Server.

Btw, I know there was as password (as kindly pointed out by LastButNotLeast) but this did not seem to help me. I am going to try download the 2nd disc and see if I have different luck, but I would appreciate some advice on disc one =)
Old 04-23-2015, 08:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Short version...

You need something to "mount" the ISO (deamontools lite would work) and then open up the mounted ISO (it will make it seem like the ISO was burnt to disc and that you are just exploring the disc). Then copy what streams you want.
Old 04-23-2015, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

You cannot use Winrar or any other zip program to open an ISO, as it is not a zip file format itself. Download PowerISO, then you can double-click on the ISO and open it up and then drag and drop all the files out of it. Or, like nick suggested, you can mount it if you want to play it. There seems to be some confusion with passwords and such.

None of my downloads are password protected. None of them. What was password protected was apparently a zipped file of winrar and another tool that was posted as a download by another member in the thread.

As for the white buffalo joke, I don't get it but I have previously stated my reason for making the files available as a folder and for why I uploaded the files to a filehoster website.

If one is going to make a simplistic assessment of the value of different alignments, it would be that sealed/IB goes the lowest, at the highest cost per dB; horns have the lowest cost per dB at the expense of size, and vented box characteristics lie in between the other two. None is inherently superior across the board, neither is any inherently inferior across the board. The one to use is the one that fits your response and output needs, available space and bank account. -BFM
Old 04-24-2015, 10:51 PM

First of all: Thank you, everyone. I used DaemonTools and was able to mount it with no difficulty.

Second: Thank you again for creating this disc !

I copy/pasted the m2ts files that were larger than 270KB into my streaming folder for PS3 Media Server and was able to play some, but not all. Most of the videos seemed to give me a "cannot be played" error in PS3 Media Server.

If it helps at all, some of the ones I was able to play for certain are:

Batman Under the Red Hood – 1st Five Minutes
Battle LA – Final Battle
Black Hawk Down – ****in Irene
Cloverfield – 1st Attack
Flight of the Phoenix – Plane Crash
Serenity – Reaver Chase
Terminator Salvation – Gas Station Attack
The Dark Knight – Bank Robbery
The Dark Knight – Hospital Explosion
The Incredible Hulk – Sonic Cannons
The Matrix Revolutions – Burly Brawl
The New Daughter – Into the Hole
Tron Legacy – Disc Wars
Tron Legacy – Entering the Grid
U-571 – 1st Depth Charge
XMen First Class – Eric turns the Parabolic Dish

Mind you, I didn't try every single file, but I did try most of them. So, far example, if one Battle LA scene worked the others did not. I tried transcoding as well, but no joy. If anyone has suggestions for PS3 Media Server settings or something else I must do, please let me know.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I copy/pasted the m2ts files that were larger than 270KB into my streaming folder for PS3 Media Server and was able to play some, but not all.
Not all the files (even the big ones) are playable; some are part of the disc structure. Unfortunately, there's no way to know which are which - unless someone is willing to go through the files one by one and create a database/index.
Good luck getting as many as you can.
Michael

Old 04-25-2015, 08:00 AM

Even the files that have a preview pic of the scene are considered part of the disc structure? I can see what scenes most of them are from the preview pic, bit they won't play (LOTR scene, for example, but many others).

Is it possible to stream the whole disc as a DVD or bluray? Would I need bluray software to do so?
Old 04-25-2015, 08:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 268
Any Mac users??

I'd like to download this, too.

I have a Mac and a Blu Ray burner.
I have not yet bought Toast 12 Titanium - was wondering if there is a better (and cheaper) software option to do this or if Toast is the best choice?!
If on Toast, any instructions on how to do it for a amateur computer guy?

Thanks!

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
Old 04-25-2015, 08:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Is it possible to stream the whole disc as a DVD or bluray? Would I need bluray software to do so?
Someone with a PS3 server will have to chip in; I use an HTPC and TMT5/6.
Michael

Old 04-25-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Even the files that have a preview pic of the scene are considered part of the disc structure? I can see what scenes most of them are from the preview pic, bit they won't play (LOTR scene, for example, but many others).

K, seems it's not possible to do that right now. Interestingly enough, all the files will play on the PC using Media Player Classic (but not Windows Media PLayer) so I know the files work.. I just have to figure out why some work on the PS3 and some don't. Going to try do some research and experimentation with settings on ps3 media server.. but i'll also check back here to see if someone has a solution =)
Old 04-25-2015, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter

I know I've read elsewhere, but you can google the rest. Zeev, for files to play on the ps3, they have to be in a certain format with certain options. I learned that when I tried copying over files with ps3 media server several years ago. I don't know about now as I don't use that anymore, but you will likely have to re-encode the video for it to work. Also, you can't bitstream DTS-HD MA and Dolby TrueHD with ps3 media server, at least from a quick google about it.

@Bland
You don't need to pay for a burning program. Download Imgburn, it's free and works just fine. It's what I've used for several years now.

Tags
Blu Ray Movies , Black Hawk Down Blu Ray , Inception Two Disc Edition Blu Ray , Master And Commander The Far Side Of The World Blu Ray , Iron Man Blu Ray , Irobot , Live Free Or Die Hard Blu Ray , Cloverfield Blu Ray , Avatar Three Disc Extended Collectors Edition Bd Live Blu Ray , Flight Of The Phoenix Blu Ray , Terminator Salvation Two Disc Directors Cut Blu Ray , The Incredible Hulk Blu Ray , Transformers Blu Ray , The Dark Knight Bd Live Blu Ray , Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy Blu Ray Digital Copy , Tron Legacy Two Disc Blu Ray Dvd Combo
Gear in this thread - Avatar by PriceGrabber.com