Would welcome some ideas/suggestion on projector installation in trey ceiling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-30-2012, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I just purchased a projector and was going through multiple scenarios for installation. My question below is specific to installing the projector in a trey ceiling (image attached).

I have a trey ceiling with a 14 inch depth and I am able to route power and hdmi cables to this general area. Before I starting cutting into the drywall I thought I solicit some opinions from others.

Questions
1. Assuming I construct some sort of box using plywood or something similar paint it and screw it to the ceiling inside the cutout, and store the projector in the box, do I have to worry about ventilation or humidity. I intend to keep the front of the box open.
2. Are there ready made boxes available for projector installation so that I do not have to create one ?
3. Any other ideas on projector installation or box construction if I wanted to use the trey ceiling to house the projector ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions & advice.
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 533
Heat will be your worst enemy and a successful project requires some research and planning. You need to know the location of the air intakes and exhaust of the projector and design either adequate spacing or powered ventilation as required. You need to build the box so that the projector is exposed to conditioned air not attic air.

It may easiest to build a custom box rather than to search for something pre-made.

For more ideas you may want to search for hush box ventilation.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page