Please help with projector distance calculation and options - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 05-31-2012, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I just got an Optoma HD 180 projector that I need to mount on the ceiling. I am dealing with some space constraints due to a trey ceiling in the room. I have attached a diagram with measurements. My question is the following - can I setup my projector at the distance outlined in the diagram given the constraint on where the top of the image needs to be. I guess I can tilt the projector a bit but I believe that skews the image. Any guidance/help would be much appreciated.

I have looked at the distance calc tool and concluded that with a throw distance of 11'7" I can get unto 97" diagonal screen size but the top of the image would be about 85" from the ground and I need it to be about 75" off the ground.

Thx

projector distance.pdf 30.7333984375k . file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf projector distance.pdf (30.7 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked: 576
That projector has no lens shift meaning it needs to be hung at a specific height relative to the screen. In tech speak that is a fixed offset. On page 16 of your user manual it gives you the heights. In your case it is a little more than .6 of a foot above the top of the screen image. That is measured center of the lens to the edge of the image. You need to find a projector mount that will hang the projector at the exact height. Those would be ones with a variable down pole. I like Chief Mounts.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page