"Georgia Theater Build" (Help me build from the ground up!) - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 31 Old 07-27-2012, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the response Mike, I really appreciate all the help from the AVS community. I have slowed down the building process while I work on the rest of the basement and work out some good plans for the room. I am definitely planning on toeing the corners of the stage and was going to have removable AT fabric panels on the front and sides facing the screen (borrowing heavily from Mario's Cinemar build) I would like the stage to be framed and drywalled or mdf with some acoustical treatments like lining it with linacoustic and maybe creating bass traps on the top half of both speaker columns ( advice welcomed biggrin.gif). I am definitely going with two rows as I have a large extended family that will be enjoying the theater with us and I have the length two fit two rows.. I am thinking at this point I will not use recliners on the backrow and go with some theater style seats or a long couch, as I want to make sure my front row is not to close to the screen. I will rework my design and speaker placement and am planning on using a bipole/dipole for my surround speakers so that I have some additional flexibility in the side column placement. Thanks again!

Atolnay00
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page