Home Theater Pics... - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was trying to complete the game room and theater entrance and post them with my HT photos, which was completed last year. Looks like Electronic House beat me to it. Hope you like the photos...biggrin.gif

http://www.electronichouse.com/article/diy_dream_theater_come_true/




HT Equipment:

TV Source: Direct TV HD / DVR receiver
Blu-ray Player: Oppo BDP-83
Pre-amp: Anthem D2V
CD Player: Sony CDP-CX455 400 Disc
Projector: Sony VPL- VW1000ES
Screen: Carada 150" Bright White 1.3 Gain , 16 X 9
Surge Protector: Monster Reference Power Center HTS 3600
Speakers: Aerial Acoustic 20T V2's (L,R), CC5 (C), SW12 Sub (2), SR3 surrounds
Cable: Blue Jean Belden HDMI Cables, Monoprice 12 AWG CL2 Rated 2 Speaker Wire (for in wall installations)
Amplifiers: McIntosh MC601 Monoblocks (3), MC452 (1), B&K Reference 3220, 2220, 2220, and 1240 amps (Two B&K amps have been replaced by the McIntosh amps). The other two B&K amps power 10 zones / rooms through out the house that have B&W CWM650 ceiling mounted speakers
Internet Music Source: Sonos Player
Speaker Selector Boxes: Niles (2), (for the 10 zones)
Gaming: Play Station 3
VCR/DVD Player / Recorder: Panasonic DMR-EZ48V
Remote: URC MX-980
RF Receiver: MSC-400 Master System Controller
Wireless Keypad: Universal KP-900 (to work the above equipment that is located upstairs while you are downstairs for music / Sonos thru out the home)
Lighting: Lutron Grafik Eye QS (4 Zone)




GALAXY THEATER


399

399

399

399

399

399

404

399

399

700

700
Bulldogger likes this.
trek737 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member
 
HFGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Toronto
Posts: 559
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Wow, just wow. What size is that room ?
HFGuy is offline  
post #3 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Spaceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: North Houston
Posts: 1,964
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 95
Great job Trek. I love all of the wood, especially in your equipment/media closet.

I'm just on the other side of I45, off of Rayford Rd. I'd love to check out your space some day. Hopefully we can set up a Houston theater tour in the near future. I think there are about 6 or 8 Houston builds on here.
Spaceman is online now  
post #4 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Elill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,431
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Love it! awesome gear to boot.

Peter the Greek

Downunder Theatre MkII
Redefining snail pace construction
"what is worth knowing is difficult to learn"

Elill is offline  
post #5 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HFGuy View Post

Wow, just wow. What size is that room ?

HFGuy,

Thanks... 23' x 18' x 9'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

Great job Trek. I love all of the wood, especially in your equipment/media closet.
I'm just on the other side of I45, off of Rayford Rd. I'd love to check out your space some day. Hopefully we can set up a Houston theater tour in the near future. I think there are about 6 or 8 Houston builds on here.

Spaceman,

Sounds good. You are more then welcome to check the HT out... you are very close by. Maybe in a few weeks when we get the game room done. Let me know what works for you. Thanks for the nice comments. biggrin.gif I have been watching your build thread. Keep up the good work.smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elill View Post

Love it! awesome gear to boot.

Elill,

Thanks for the nice comments. I really like my gear also....cool.gif
trek737 is offline  
post #6 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
audioguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Not far from Atlanta - but far enough!
Posts: 3,153
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Gorgeous theater. Really spectacular !!! REALLY!

My room is 17.5 x 22.5 x 9 and looks tiny compared to yours. Fish-eye camera??
audioguy is online now  
post #7 of 44 Old 06-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
Jon_B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Land of the Shining Mountains, US
Posts: 622
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Very cool room. I especially like the equipment room.
Jon_B is offline  
post #8 of 44 Old 06-27-2012, 07:29 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 195
That's an awesome room and i have to agree i love the equipment room. Fantastic!!

_________________________

Frank

Franin is online now  
post #9 of 44 Old 06-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Member
 
al2fast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 163
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Stunning! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
al2fast is online now  
post #10 of 44 Old 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

Gorgeous theater. Really spectacular !!! REALLY!
My room is 17.5 x 22.5 x 9 and looks tiny compared to yours. Fish-eye camera??

Audioguy,

No fish eye... A Nikon D3 full frame camera with a 14-24mm wide angle lens shot with a tripod. Thanks for the nice comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_B View Post

Very cool room. I especially like the equipment room.

Jon_B,

Thank you!wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

That's an awesome room and i have to agree i love the equipment room. Fantastic!!

Franin,

Thanks for your remarks. Looks like there are a few of you that like the equipment room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by al2fast View Post

Stunning! Thanks for sharing!
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

al2fast,

Thanks...



There are a lot of people here on AVS that played a big role in helping me with all of my questions. I just wanted to say thanks for the guys that have commented, it is very much appreciated! wink.gif

Cheers,

Jim
trek737 is offline  
post #11 of 44 Old 06-27-2012, 12:33 PM
 
AudioSerf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post

Great job Trek. I love all of the wood, especially in your equipment/media closet.
I'm just on the other side of I45, off of Rayford Rd. I'd love to check out your space some day. Hopefully we can set up a Houston theater tour in the near future. I think there are about 6 or 8 Houston builds on here.

Please count me in on this one if it happens!!!!! AMAZING!!!! smile.gif
AudioSerf is offline  
post #12 of 44 Old 06-28-2012, 04:16 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSerf View Post

Please count me in on this one if it happens!!!!! AMAZING!!!! smile.gif

AudioSerf,

Thanks, and you are welcomed also...biggrin.gif
trek737 is offline  
post #13 of 44 Old 06-30-2012, 04:36 AM
CIH USER
 
Franin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Western Australia
Posts: 17,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737 View Post


Franin,
Thanks for your remarks. Looks like there are a few of you that like the equipment room!



Jim

And the rest Jim. Fantastic throughout.

_________________________

Frank

Franin is online now  
post #14 of 44 Old 07-01-2012, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post

And the rest Jim. Fantastic throughout.

Franin,

Thanks again...wink.gif
trek737 is offline  
post #15 of 44 Old 07-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Advanced Member
 
wraunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 771
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Do you have access behind the equipment? How big is the equipment room?
wraunch is offline  
post #16 of 44 Old 07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member
 
BllDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Twin Cities
Posts: 1,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Great looking room. Do you have any pics of the construction? (I love build pics.)

-




Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?
BllDo is offline  
post #17 of 44 Old 07-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Member
 
Bitten by HT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sugarland, TX
Posts: 109
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737 View Post

HFGuy,
Thanks... 23' x 18' x 9'
Spaceman,
Sounds good. You are more then welcome to check the HT out... you are very close by. Maybe in a few weeks when we get the game room done. Let me know what works for you. Thanks for the nice comments. biggrin.gif I have been watching your build thread. Keep up the good work.smile.gif
Elill,
Thanks for the nice comments. I really like my gear also....cool.gif

I'm in Sugar Land and just started my build and hopefully will be done in 5 weeks or so. Count me in for a Houston HT meet ! Very elegant theater, nice job !
Bitten by HT is offline  
post #18 of 44 Old 07-04-2012, 05:14 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wraunch View Post

Do you have access behind the equipment? How big is the equipment room?

Wraunch,

The media equipment room is appoximately 6' x 7'10" before the wood work was done. I designed the shelves on the right to slide out to gain access to the back of the rack. It is not ideal, a full size door would have been better, but the space would not permit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BllDo View Post

Great looking room. Do you have any pics of the construction? (I love build pics.)

BllDo,

Thanks!smile.gif Here are some pictures you can just skim through the pages to find what you want.

http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/m549/trek737/?start=0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitten by HT View Post

I'm in Sugar Land and just started my build and hopefully will be done in 5 weeks or so. Count me in for a Houston HT meet ! Very elegant theater, nice job !

Bitten by HT,

It would be nice to have the folks in Houston get together, maybe out for lunch somewhere. Thanks for the nice comments on our HT.


HAPPY 4TH of JULY!
trek737 is offline  
post #19 of 44 Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 AM
AVS Special Member
 
phisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,762
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Fantastic room, I love all the wood work. Is that cherry wood?
phisch is offline  
post #20 of 44 Old 07-04-2012, 01:58 PM
 
AudioSerf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek737 View Post

It would be nice to have the folks in Houston get together, maybe out for lunch somewhere. Thanks for the nice comments on our HT.
HAPPY 4TH of JULY!

This sounds good! smile.gif Happy 4th!
AudioSerf is offline  
post #21 of 44 Old 07-05-2012, 04:53 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by phisch View Post

Fantastic room, I love all the wood work. Is that cherry wood?

Phisch, Thanks! The wood is maple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioSerf View Post

This sounds good! smile.gif Happy 4th!
PS Just saw the cars in the pictures, I'll bring the Vette.
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k556/my02cents/MY%2002/IMG_0483.jpg
http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k556/my02cents/MY%2002/IMG_0494.jpg

AudioSerf,

Nice cars... Now we just need someone to organize everyone and choose a place for lunch. biggrin.gif
trek737 is offline  
post #22 of 44 Old 07-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Member
 
BIG RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I would also be up for a Houston meet when it comes together!

Bikinis is the spot to meet!

http://www.bikinissportsbarandgrill.com/
BIG RED is offline  
post #23 of 44 Old 11-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Member
 
TheSly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Love your relaxed feel in that room. Speakers out on display, comfy sofa up the front, wide open spaces. Beautiful build, and also wonderfully shot images.

I notice you have a 4 zone GE, I have the same actually. Just wondering what light sets you have on your zones?
TheSly is offline  
post #24 of 44 Old 11-13-2012, 10:18 AM
Newbie
 
dukstuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
There are quite a lot of fairly expensive Home Theatres here on the forums, but one rarely sees a theatre that combines a large budget with absolutely fantastic taste- and this is the rare example of having both a fairly expansive budget and making incredibly great aesthetic decisions which makes the most of every penny spent.

Often Home Theatres end up having a sort of show-off feel, where the owner wants to show every bell and whistle, and adds entirely too many items, too many patterns and all together too much info for the eye. A theatre should enhance the viewing of the film....it should service the appreciation of the movie being watched, as this theatre does. It's warm, inviting and for all it's beauty- it is simple and elegant. It is relaxed and rich at the same time.

Kudos on a marvelous job.
dukstuf is offline  
post #25 of 44 Old 11-17-2012, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSly View Post

Love your relaxed feel in that room. Speakers out on display, comfy sofa up the front, wide open spaces. Beautiful build, and also wonderfully shot images.
I notice you have a 4 zone GE, I have the same actually. Just wondering what light sets you have on your zones?

TheSly, Can lights, Sconces, and the fiber optic ceiling are on the GE. The fourth spot is still unused at this time... How about your lighting set up? Thanks for the nice comments on the HT.wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukstuf View Post

There are quite a lot of fairly expensive Home Theatres here on the forums, but one rarely sees a theatre that combines a large budget with absolutely fantastic taste- and this is the rare example of having both a fairly expansive budget and making incredibly great aesthetic decisions which makes the most of every penny spent.
Often Home Theatres end up having a sort of show-off feel, where the owner wants to show every bell and whistle, and adds entirely too many items, too many patterns and all together too much info for the eye. A theatre should enhance the viewing of the film....it should service the appreciation of the movie being watched, as this theatre does. It's warm, inviting and for all it's beauty- it is simple and elegant. It is relaxed and rich at the same time.
Kudos on a marvelous job.

dukstuf,

As you know the design of ones HT is a personal choice and not everyone has the same taste in layout and decor. In this case it looks like you and I are on the same page!wink.gif
Thanks for the super nice comments on our HT. It is much appreciated!biggrin.gif

Cheers,

Jim
trek737 is offline  
post #26 of 44 Old 11-17-2012, 06:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
elmalloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Cleveland, OH
Posts: 4,776
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Fantastic.

Current Projects:
IN PROGRESS (80%) - Building 3D Theater room.
IN PROGRESS (30%) - Building Lounge/Hallway Area.
IN PROGRESS (15%) - Building Home LAN (4 PCs).
ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
elmalloc is offline  
post #27 of 44 Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 AM
Senior Member
 
kamiraa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Great room, very inspiring. I'm also in Houston, trying to build something similar. Mind if I hit you up with some random questions one of these days?
kamiraa is offline  
post #28 of 44 Old 11-15-2013, 05:10 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamiraa View Post

Great room, very inspiring. I'm also in Houston, trying to build something similar. Mind if I hit you up with some random questions one of these days?

Sorry I missed your post. Feel free to ask away though I am not the expert but do love talking about HTs.
trek737 is offline  
post #29 of 44 Old 11-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Member
 
kk2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
nice!
kk2013 is offline  
post #30 of 44 Old 11-19-2013, 08:42 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
trek737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2013 View Post

nice!

Thanks....
trek737 is offline  
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off