Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 05:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
pics below

Panasonic P60ST50-Yamaha RX-V467 receiver-Sony PS3-Velodyne SMS-1-Canton 430 mains, 455 center and 402 surrounds-Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer- Pro-ject Debut III turntable- I also have a pair of Mark K's DIY design, the ER18DXT's
My humble entertainment room
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417652/midwest...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have a row of 3 Berkline recliners on the way. New Panny just arrived today. It's not even in the same league as a majority of the people on here, but for being my first house and 28 yrs old I am pretty happy with it. I will post more pics once everything is set-up and running like it should be.

Panasonic P60ST50-Yamaha RX-V467 receiver-Sony PS3-Velodyne SMS-1-Canton 430 mains, 455 center and 402 surrounds-Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer- Pro-ject Debut III turntable- I also have a pair of Mark K's DIY design, the ER18DXT's
post #3 of 5 Old 07-03-2012, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

OK so there is obviously a wire mess going on, but the ones coming from the Tv will be hidden shortly. The wires running to the receiver, sat and SMS-1 will also be hidden a little better. Nothing as fancy as a lot of you guys on here, but I am pretty proud of what I have only being 28 and getting into this seriously 2 years ago.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 38
Nice setup. Couple observations. Looks like a pretty cozy room. The FV15hp must really be awesome in there, especially located in the corner. eek.gif

Also, given how high the TV is, you could try having 3 identical bookshelves across the front instead of the horizontal center. Might sound better. Horizontal speakers often have issues with off axis seating positions. I have a wall mounted horizontal center right now, but hopefully,for my next setup I can work in three identical speakers across the front.

Nice recliners too, BTW.

post #5 of 5 Old 07-04-2012, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHTbuyer View Post

Nice setup. Couple observations. Looks like a pretty cozy room. The FV15hp must really be awesome in there, especially located in the corner. eek.gif
Also, given how high the TV is, you could try having 3 identical bookshelves across the front instead of the horizontal center. Might sound better. Horizontal speakers often have issues with off axis seating positions. I have a wall mounted horizontal center right now, but hopefully,for my next setup I can work in three identical speakers across the front.
Nice recliners too, BTW.

Yeah, i think I would like to have the same bookshelf speakers across the front. The speakers were the first thing I bought on my little journey. I will probably keep them for another few years and upgrade....so I will most likely keep it the way it is for now and adjust in the future. It's cozy for sure, but it works out alright. It's a good example of what the regular Joe can do without going broke. There are so many extraordinary theaters on here that the normal person will not be able to afford(at least someone my age)...so I thought it would be nice to post something for people to see that is more attainable. Thanks, for the comments.

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page