Riser Construction Question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-29-2012, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've searched the forums for an answer to my question, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Basically, what are the current thoughts on anchoring a riser to floor? I think that the weight of the lumber, seats, and people should be sufficient to keep it from shifting but am a little concerned about some movement. We have ripped up the carpet to install the riser, so don't want any movement to adversely affect the carpet installation over time. Is there any drawback to anchoring the riser to the floor? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-29-2012, 01:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 96
No need to anchor it. It won't go anywhere.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-29-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon E Maus View Post

I've searched the forums for an answer to my question, but there doesn't seem to be any consensus. Basically, what are the current thoughts on anchoring a riser to floor? I think that the weight of the lumber, seats, and people should be sufficient to keep it from shifting but am a little concerned about some movement. We have ripped up the carpet to install the riser, so don't want any movement to adversely affect the carpet installation over time. Is there any drawback to anchoring the riser to the floor? Thank you!

Not sure how big yours is(riser that is), but I just build a 12'x8' riser last week and it isn't going anywhere. I used 2x12 on the outsides and 2x8 as joists. I insulated it and used 2 layers of 7/16 OSB. The thing isn't moving. Even if yours is considerably smaller...it won't move.

Panasonic P60ST50-Yamaha RX-V467 receiver-Sony PS3-Velodyne SMS-1-Canton 430 mains, 455 center and 402 surrounds-Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer- Pro-ject Debut III turntable- I also have a pair of Mark K's DIY design, the ER18DXT's
My humble entertainment room
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417652/midwest...
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page