Not sure where to start with home theater furniture - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-10-2012, 05:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey gang. I decided its time for new furniture and giving some thought to a hometheater style seating. Here is my dilema. I dont have a separate room so this is my living room. Its not terribly large in size, approx 15 x 15 with 12ft ceilings. My goal with the couches is two fold... having the home theater experience in the main seating area and have more of a couch without consoles on the other side. I am also trying to maximize seating (pref 6 total) either via 2 couches or one giant sectional. Obviously the home theater seating doesnt lend itself as much towards the sectional but yeh....Below I did a diagram of my current layout of my two couches.

What do more people do in this situation? Do they have just one row of seats and kill the seats to the side? Maybe do a couple single chairs? Or do I do the more traditional L shaped sectional

Looking for a little thoughts from the experts and those with similar living room situations. thanks all

Pictures below. Ignore the lack of stuff on walls, just bought the house a couple months ago. Also ignore the slew of cat perches smile.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-10-2012, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
To expand this my plan was also to add a set of ButtKickers to the main listening seats. Not sure how I would do it just now. Either 2 LFEs or 4 Advanced, wired to a BK1000

Also as for the design my original thought was to try to mix the 'traditional' l shaped section with the home theater seating on the one side. Like 3 seat couch, wedge, then 3 home theater seats (individual with consoles). Anything like this exist?

Thanks!
post #3 of 3 Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a similar setup and now adding buttkicker(s)

I am receiving the amp and one LFE. Before I start, think I need to get a second LFE. Here's why and Please advise.

Everyone says install inside the couch for the best effect. Also, off the self application notes show two devices one under each rear leg.

So, with all the effort to install inside a couch shouldn't i be efficient in that effort and put two in, one at each end similar to the external location but with the additional efficiency of an internal install? I don't want to have to redo the couch work, planning for one install and done.

I am going to call the company tomorrow to get their input. no, nothing special about the 3 seater couch, neither heavy not light. I can't see putting 3 LFE in there - it's not that heavy a couch.

Looking for a subtle effect in general, with the occasional over the top usage. Yes I even worred about putting both concert and lfe styles in - one for movies, the other for music. Ok, no comment on that. In my defense this is no more obsessive than many posts here.

I noticed you put your sub near the couch...
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page