Home Theatre "Starlight" Roof - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 12:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Guys,

I have seen a picture on the internet of a home theatre roof. Can somebody please guide me how this can be done.

Hussain

photo.JPG 278k .JPG file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (278.4 KB, 47 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-11-2012, 04:56 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked: 508
Best guess is Special Paint, UV and other lighting, there is a guy here who can help you. Search for NightSkyMurals on this forum. Sometimes the ceiling will be a mixture of Fiber Optics and surface paint.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 PM

Location: Based in Salt Lake City, UT... but most of my work is done all over the USA and Canada. I cover all areas.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Hi Hussain...

The picture that you posted is of a painting that looks like it is meant to be seen only in the light... but could be painted twice (once with regular paint and then on top of that with glow paint too) so that it would be visible in the light and also in the dark. Or, fiber optics could be installed (probably after the painting was done so that the paint wouldn't mess up the fibers) to the ceiling also for a double mural effect.

Fiber Optics vs. Painted night sky all depends on the conditions that you will be viewing the mural in... and the realism of the mural. You can check out the thread that "@Bigmouth mentioned at http://www.avsforum.com/t/1260948/star-ceilings-painted-or-fiber-optics

If you want, I can also try and answer any questions that you have... realizing that I know more about the glow-in-the-dark painted ceiling murals that fiber optics or murals that are visible in the light.... but I know a little about those too.

Good luck.

Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussain View Post

Guys,
I have seen a picture on the internet of a home theatre roof. Can somebody please guide me how this can be done.
Hussain
photo.JPG 278k .JPG file

Night Sky Murals

FaceBook
Hairs On Neck... Please Stand!

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page