Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 158 Old 06-13-2013, 08:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
This evening I pulled out the lamp on my RS20 (original lamp with less than 800 hours) and cleaned the prism with a Lenspen and lens wipes. There was a fine coat of film covering the prism. I fired up the projector and instantly noticed the increase in light. Its always great when you can do an easy tweak and see results.
post #153 of 158 Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM

Liked: 41
Beautiful space Rob - love the ceiling and grey color scheme. I plan on a similar palette.

Just how bad is the pincushioning, and what screen are you using? I'll be doing a 115" wide 2.35 through a Panamorph from approximately 10' back and expect a similar result. To partially compensate, I decided to go with a curved screen, but also know that its standard 40' radius will be insufficient to completely eliminate the problem.

Theater for Hobbits 1.0 - One of the smallest-ever (13' x 8' x 6'8") AVS builds!

Theater for Hobbits 2.0 - AVS HT of the Month - This time it's 2.35 CIH in a 10' x 10' alcove!

post #154 of 158 Old 06-19-2013, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowkarver View Post

Beautiful space Rob - love the ceiling and grey color scheme. I plan on a similar palette.

Just how bad is the pincushioning, and what screen are you using? I'll be doing a 115" wide 2.35 through a Panamorph from approximately 10' back and expect a similar result. To partially compensate, I decided to go with a curved screen, but also know that its standard 40' radius will be insufficient to completely eliminate the problem.

Thanks. I have the image zoomed out slightly to minimize the pincushioning but once the film is on I don't think twice about it. I'm not even considering a curved screen. For me, the visible pixels from being so close is more of a concern but I plan to upgrade soon. My lens to screen is barely more than yours and this is a 136" wide screen. I wouldn't decrease the size of my screen to reduce the pincushioning if given an option. The image is completely immersive.

On the subject of pixel visibility, I took the Darbee out of the chain because it started developing sync issues. Pixel visibility has decreased along with the perceived sharpness. I have an earlier version of the Darblet so it will go in for firmware upgrade under warranty.
post #155 of 158 Old 07-09-2013, 10:34 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 21
RobZ,

Can you let me know what model/brand carpet that is?
post #156 of 158 Old 07-09-2013, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
You know you could pull those seals off your door and spray paint them and the screw heads dark brown so they don't stick out as much visually, right? Just an idea. I realize it would be additional work.
post #157 of 158 Old 07-22-2013, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScAndal View Post

RobZ,

Can you let me know what model/brand carpet that is?

Its Martha Stewart Winterthur in black from Home Depot
post #158 of 158 Old 07-22-2013, 09:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djkest View Post

You know you could pull those seals off your door and spray paint them and the screw heads dark brown so they don't stick out as much visually, right? Just an idea. I realize it would be additional work.

One of these days I'll get to the darkening of the details of the room. They don't stand out but I'll eventually get to them. I also need to paint the registers and return grill.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page