Something to watch out for - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-07-2012, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I started building my theater a few weeks ago. I'm going with a shadowboxed screenwall similar to Larry's. I bought my black speaker cloth for my panels from JoAnn's. Well I got about to the midway point on completing the panels when I noticed that the color slightly changed. It appears that the first have looks almost charcoal grey compared to the latest panels which look black. It wasn't noticable until they were mounted next to each other. I'm not a happy camper.

Ken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-07-2012, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Are the colors different because you have fabric from multiple bolts or because the orientation of the fabric changed from one panel to the next? Sometimes if you don't keep the fabric going in the same direction on all panels, they will not have a consistent color/look to them. What manufacturer/style did you use?

Spaceman Theater Build

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 4 Old 08-08-2012, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well This is the stuff I bought. http://www.joann.com/utility-fabric-black-speaker-cloth/zprd_03514023a/
There wasn't enough on a single bolt so had to get it from two different. I assume that was the problem but the difference was so striking.
post #4 of 4 Old 08-09-2012, 03:51 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Mark this one down as experience, order a different fabric from a single bolt and make sure you keep the orientation the same. If you don't you will see the problem everytime you step in the theater. Black GOM FR701 can be oriented anyway without problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page