About to buy seats.... need advice - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 08-07-2012, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Due to the width of my room I can comfortably accommodate two rows of two (could probably squeeze a third in the back but it's just me and my wife and I don't want wall to wall seats).

So, I'm looking at Roman's Fusion Tribute line and I can't decide on two rows of two or four individual chairs (two in front, two in back). I like the "theater look" of rows but I also like the "not sitting on a plane sharing an armrest" feel of individual chairs.

Anyone care to offer some guidance? Confirm my assumption one way or the other?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-10-2012, 04:21 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
In my last theater I had two rows of regular couches. In my current theater I have two rows of theater seats (from Roman). The seats I have (Lagoon), are plenty wide enough not to feel cramped by sharing an armrest. The arm rests are wide enough not to bump elbows wink.gif I like the theater Chairs better than the couches. I'm also not a fan of individual chairs just from the aesthetics but ultimately your choice ... good luck!

http://www.rtheaters.com/FusionCollection/FC-Gallery/FC-1011.3.jpg - this is a pic on his website from my theater.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-10-2012, 06:06 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 729
My wife wanted separate arm rests and I'm glad I had the room. A client of mine who is in phase one of his marriage said his wife didn't want any arm rests coming between her and her man. That is the difference of first year versus 37 years of marriage.
post #4 of 5 Old 08-10-2012, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

My wife wanted separate arm rests and I'm glad I had the room. A client of mine who is in phase one of his marriage said his wife didn't want any arm rests coming between her and her man. That is the difference of first year versus 37 years of marriage.
Hmmm..... That sounds like my wife..... rolleyes.giftongue.gif
post #5 of 5 Old 08-10-2012, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I ended up going with four individual chairs. I prefer the look of the shared armrests but I figured if I ever wanted to upgrade my seats I'd be left with a configuration that was only good for a theater whereas by going with individual seats, I can always repurpose them somewhere else in the house like my office or sell them off easier as individuals. Plus, I probably should have squeezed three in the back row and this way they'll take up more space and balance the room a bit better. We'll see soon enough.

And Roman is a saint. I easily emailed him forty times over six months because I was too skeered to commit and pull the trigger. In the end, I wanted to get the most quality for my money and completely avoid the headaches I've read so much about from the other two big online dealers.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page