Palliser recliner, are they good? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 08-10-2012, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Since my HT actually has started, I've been researching on recliners. I'm thinking to get a set of Palliser seats. Anyone use them? I saw the majority members in here use Berkline, but haven't see much of Palliser. Are they supportive & comfy for long movie viewing? And are they durable? You know, last thing I want is to spend thousands on seats, then a couple years later, the cushion has lost all it's support and when you sit on it, you literally "sink". You know what I mean.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-10-2012, 05:09 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 570
Gary what ever you do, think about rotating your seats on at least an annual basis since typically just a couple seats get 90% of the use. Pick a color fabric yet?
post #3 of 16 Old 08-10-2012, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

post #4 of 16 Old 08-11-2012, 06:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I have 6 Palliser Rhumba seats and really like them alot. They're a year old now and so far have held up well and are extremely comfortable.

post #5 of 16 Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Go for Palliser@ Caseys - the furniture has excellent feedback from my clients. Good luck!
post #6 of 16 Old 01-25-2013, 06:37 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark1 View Post

Since my HT actually has started, I've been researching on recliners. I'm thinking to get a set of Palliser seats. Anyone use them? I saw the majority members in here use Berkline, but haven't see much of Palliser. Are they supportive & comfy for long movie viewing? And are they durable? You know, last thing I want is to spend thousands on seats, then a couple years later, the cushion has lost all it's support and when you sit on it, you literally "sink". You know what I mean.

I'll share my thoughts...I have 5 palliser hiland with 3000 grade leather if I recall correctly. Full power recline, about 6 years old.

Leather excellent
Mechanics excellent
Comfort great. In the fully upright position I wish the head could have a slight tilt backwards. In the upright I feel like my head is tilted every so slightly forward.
Cushion longevity- so so. I've had one repaired and am about to have a second done. No one in my household is over 200lbs.

Back then they offered lifetime warranty so Im covered for everything except the actual cushion.
I have found that due to the spacing of the 'S' spring supports and the sharp wood frame, the covering fabric(underside) tears right at the edge of the wood frame, causing the cushion to push down and eventually rip, causing a sag.

My in-laws bought a set recently(non theater) and it seems they have improved this. So I'd hope they improved it all around.

And do what big said...rotate em.
post #7 of 16 Old 01-28-2013, 04:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 372
I just bought the Playback with power recline and 5 year warranty. The seats are nice and supportive. Can't say on longevity, but rotating them is a good idea, no matter what seating you use.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #8 of 16 Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I have four Palliser Blade and four Palliser Bullet (same seats but the Bullet has a tray table and (completely unnecessary) accent lighting). I have had them for about 1.5 years now and I'm happy with them.

I purchased from theater seat store and had problems with shipping damage on two occasions, but they fixed the issues without much hassle and I'm satisfied with the purchase.

The Esquire Theater Construction Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1289590
post #9 of 16 Old 01-30-2013, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBenji View Post

I have four Palliser Blade and four Palliser Bullet (same seats but the Bullet has a tray table and (completely unnecessary) accent lighting). I have had them for about 1.5 years now and I'm happy with them.

I purchased from theater seat store and had problems with shipping damage on two occasions, but they fixed the issues without much hassle and I'm satisfied with the purchase.

I have had this^ exact same experience. Had shipping damage and they fixed problem eventually with moderate difficulty. Be sure to go over the chairs COMPLETELY before signing shipping receipt and refuse shipment if damaged.

Overall my blades are comfortable to everyone who has sat in them. I'm 6'3" 205 and they are plenty high in the back and comfortable. Id rate the cushion as semifirm to firm compared to other manufacturers. I got the basic leather (1500 I think) and its held up pretty well, no cracking or other defects.

My only complaint with the seating is when fully reclined I feel like the seat should recline another couple inches. I feel like my feet are a couple inches too low and most of the time I find myself crossing my feet which elevates them to what feels like the proper level to me... I've never had any complaints form my guests though and this could be because of my height or the fact that I've spent the most time in the seats.

I'd recommend and buy them again.
post #10 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Didn't know you guys dig up my old thread. tongue.gif So I guess I should've post an update.

I purchased the Palliser HiFi from LeatherShoppes.com (highly recommended btw for it's good price & service!). We really like it. And got some good compliment from anyone who had sit on them. I think I even had "Big's seal of approval" too! tongue.gif

Here's a pic

post #11 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 01:35 PM

Liked: 11
dang I didnt even realise....seems like a spammer bumped it and we fell for it SPAMMER: EmariDesignC0m
post #12 of 16 Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 118
^ahahahahahah yeah i fell for it.

I skipped right over her post and didnt read it! I figured a 50yr old Paris Hilton look-a-like had nothing intelligible to say :P
post #13 of 16 Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Well they are nice seats. I like the amount of firmness. Did not want a chair that I just sunk into.

Mike Garrett, AV Science Sales Call Me: 585-671-2968
Email Me: Mike@AVScience.com
Brands we sell: http://avscience.com/brands/ 
Call for B-stock projectors
Stewart, Seymour, SE, SI & many more.
Klipsch, RBH, Martin Logan, Triad, Atlantic Technology, MK Sound, BG Radia, SVS & Def Tech.
post #14 of 16 Old 10-15-2013, 01:57 PM

Liked: 10
I'm not sure what the etiquette is on this forum - dredge up an old thread, thus showing that I tried to search for an answer, or simply start a new thread. I chose the old thread. I'm considering the Palliser Pacifico II from the theater seat store and I'd like advice on leather choice. Going from the 1000 to the 2000 grain leather adds about $250 per seat. I'm getting three seats to begin with, so the price delta ($750) would be enough to pay for another seat. I've got swatches and the 2000 feels smoother than the 1000, but I don't know much about leather selection beyond that. Any thoughts on whether it is worth the $$$ to go to the higher grade of leather?

Thanks,
Glenn
post #15 of 16 Old 01-27-2014, 10:13 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn_Law View Post

I'm not sure what the etiquette is on this forum - dredge up an old thread, thus showing that I tried to search for an answer, or simply start a new thread. I chose the old thread. I'm considering the Palliser Pacifico II from the theater seat store and I'd like advice on leather choice. Going from the 1000 to the 2000 grain leather adds about $250 per seat. I'm getting three seats to begin with, so the price delta ($750) would be enough to pay for another seat. I've got swatches and the 2000 feels smoother than the 1000, but I don't know much about leather selection beyond that. Any thoughts on whether it is worth the $$$ to go to the higher grade of leather?

Thanks,
Glenn

I too would love to hear any input on the different levels of leather for these seats....worth the upgrade? Any leather experts out there? The choice of coverings is mind boggling.

Chad
post #16 of 16 Old 01-28-2014, 06:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 71
I don't have experience with the different leather grades available, but it has been a year since my last post (so I have had my seats about 2.5 years now) and I'm still happy with my purchase of Palliser Bullet and Blade seats (in bonded leather). Is it the nicest leather I've sat on? No. I probably wouldn't be satisfied if this were the covering on the couch in my living room. But for me, it's completely satisfactory for an average of 3 movies per week, the Super Bowl etc. (Maybe somewhat ironic because 3 movies per week is ~6 hours...I certainly don't spend 6 hours per week on my living room couch... rolleyes.gif)

The Esquire Theater Construction Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1289590
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page