Anyone have any spare GOM 701 they could sell me? - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-18-2012, 02:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi all --

I'm looking for just a small amount of GOM 701; everywhere I have found that will sell it will only sell 3-5 yards minimum. All I really need is 3 "strips" of the fabric that are just under 12" wide -- i.e. less than a "yard" of material. In fact, I don't even need the full 66" length that is the normal "length" of the fabric, if I understand correctly. I really only need the three pieces to be about 12" wide and 48" long.

As for color, black would work best, but other colors could work, also -- namely darker grays (the colors called "medium gray --298" and "flannel -- 795," and possibly a couple of other colors.

Please let me know if anyone has this amount of material (less than a yard) that they might be willing to sell me. It would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Steve-There is a fabric from Acoustex that is very similar to GOM FR701 that can be ordered in quantities as small as one-half a linear yard. It's pricier than FR701, but not having to order so much waste will probably make it a cheaper option for you. I think there is a $5 surcharge for orders under 2 yards, but it's still worth looking into.

http://www.acoustex.com/Home.html
Old 08-20-2012, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I just finished up my screen wall and have lots of remnants of black GOM FR701. Shoot me a PM with the precise sizes you need and I'll check to see if I have what you need.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdanforth View Post

I just finished up my screen wall and have lots of remnants of black GOM FR701. Shoot me a PM with the precise sizes you need and I'll check to see if I have what you need.

Or, I could read your whole post and determine that for myself! rolleyes.gif

Three strips of 12x48? I think I've got that. Shoot me the PM anyway so I remember to check tonight when I get home.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Spaceman --

Thanks for your suggestion -- didn't know about the Acoustex fabric, nor that you could order it in smaller increments. That would be a great option -- but, I think I have found a forum member here that is willing to send me some GOM, so hopefully, problem solved!

Thanks all for your help!

Steve
Old 08-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I "might" have some black left over, but it will be a while before I will know for sure. I have a tendancy to over estimate the quanities of everything...just in case! If you don't need it right away, I might "know" in a month or so. I have to make the frames for the screen wall and a rear sofit, still.

I might have brown as well, but don't know how much will be left over after covering my riser wall.

What is you time frame?
Old 08-21-2012, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Bronco -- my time frame is probably 2-4 weeks until I'd be ready to install it (that's about when I will probably have finished building the faux columns that will hide my speakers, and thus need the GOM covering), but I could probably wait, if I had to, to install the GOM itself until later.

Having said that, I've had a few people already offer to sell me enough GOM to meet my needs, so I think I should be good to go. I thank you so much, though, for your offer and willingness to help me out!

Steve