Filling for custom made area rug to absorb for reflections. - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-18-2012, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am covering carpet with black cloth. I will stitch to combine them to fit the size of the room. I will do it for front of the room where usually people don't walk. While doing it, I thought I can make small area rugs(Kind of ) and fill it with something to absorb any reflections.

I have polyester batting. Is it good enough to fill two 4oz layers of it? I don't' know how difficult to get it shape. Wondering any other suggestions for filling material on which you may walk occasionally, but still absorb high frequency reflections.

Appreciate for any suggestions that I can buy in Joann or hancock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-09-2012, 03:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
One of the easiest methods of absorbing sound in a room is to acoustically treat the floors. Sound absorption is defined and measured by the power and frequency of any sounds reflected from a surface. Some floors, such as concrete or tile, have poor sound absorption as they reflect about 97 percent of sounds and their frequencies. Simple measures such laying carpet or adding area rugs can cut down on many reflected sounds and can increase the sound absorption in a room. You can try rug pads for hardwood floors as they can absorb the smaller wavelengths of higher sonic frequencies.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page