FJ60 Landcruiser's Media/Billiard/General Game Room Thread - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-19-2012, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
]First, thank you all for those who have come before me, I have stalked/read/taken notes from all of you at some point. Amazing work I have seen on this forum throughout the years. I'm starting to put some more work in the basement area to catch it up with the rest of the house. Background I bought this "compound" four years ago and am still living in the carriage house! it was an easier goal to achieve as it's 900 sq ft, but hadn't been lived in in 50 years, I gutted the full interior and exterior of both houses, stripped all the plumbing and electrical out of both and started from scratch. Two additions on the main house, 2 ensuite masters and a total of 3 1/2 new baths. 95% I've done, subbing electrical/HVAC/Hardwood/roofing. I built in 5.1 in the carriage house, first floor tv area, and am now starting to work on what is the dedicated fun room in the basement. I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions along the way and I'll start by showing what I started with and where I'm at now. I hope to learn much more as I go along, and again, thanks in advance!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-19-2012, 09:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'll start with a jpeg dump to give a general idea of where it came from and where I'm at with it today. Just ordered a 100" screen from Elite, throw is roughly 13'9" with the projector mounted at 7'. This will be likely more of a game watching media area in front of the rear wainscoting area which will be for billiards/bar area. The glass door you see is an old canning cellar that I've decided to convert to a wine cellar. I'm not much of a wine drinker, I just like building stuff. I've included 2 inspiration photos, I'll more than likely use virginia ledgestone. The 2 taped rectangles you see in the photo is 2 windows I'm proposing to add on either side of the cellar to see in it from more angles.

I applied car audio methodology when installing the rear surrounds. Built boxes in the walls, dynamatted them and stuff filled them with insulation. I used the Rc85's Polk for this. I used the 65's in the carriage house and Yamaha 960s for the first floor. I'm really impressed right out of the box with these. Creating the boxes gave me alot of mid punch that is often lacking in in-wall installations. I've been listening for a few days and am really happy with them thus far.

I've got Monitor 70's and a cs2 for the front field as I really wanted something musical for 2 channel listening.

More as I go along....

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page