So after deciding we have outgrown our current home we decided to build custom and have all those things in a home we wish we had if given the opportunity. One of our requirements was a dedicated home theatre. I have attached a picture of what the theater room looks like from the CAD drawings.
The basics of the room:
1. It's on the top floor with an unfinished attic space above it so we were able to make the ceiling 11'
2. The dimension are 18' wide and 21' deep (approx 400 square feet)
3. The last 8' of the room will have a raised 2nd tier for seating of the 2nd row slightly above the first row.
4. Not shown on the plans but it will be 2 rows of 4 seats.
5. Along one side of the room will be a dedicated A/V equipment closet and wet bar.
6. The 2 windows in the rear might be removed. The builder is checking with the permit office if we are able to have them removed from the plans.
The input I would solicit from the community here is suggestions on what would work best, what would be required, and what would be really great but not required.
For example, some of the questions I am curious about are:
1. are in wall speakers for the front (L, C, & R) able to produce the sound required for this setup that a floor standing speaker would? It has been some time since I have had this discussions so not sure if that technology is there yet.
2. How many and size of subs? 1 large? 2 med? 4 small? etc?
3. 7.2 setup?
4. Screen type?
5. Acoustic treatments (i.e., bass traps, etc.)?
Thanks for any input in advance!