Seats...no good companies? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 09-11-2012, 07:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,

I am ready to buy my seats this Friday. I want 4 Lane Matinee bonded leater manual recline seats. I know everyone loves Roman but he does not offer manual recline seats so I have to go elsewhere. Any ideas where I should go? TheaterSeatStore.com has bad reviews, 4seating.com also has bad reviews. Any ideas or suggestions? I just talked to theaterseatstore.com and they said the seats would not be to me for around 2 weeks, I dont really want to wait that long. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 93
2 weeks is a pretty small window for a furniture order/delivery. I don't think you will find many vendors that can beat that. Since it's a pretty good chunk of change regardless of where you buy them, I'd go for what you like rather than what you can get quickly.

You might see if Stargate Cinema has anything you like. I purchased my motorized Berklines there a few years ago, and I know they carry different lines with different options. I see that they carry quite a few Lane models, including the Matinee that fall into their Quick Ship category (supposed to arrive in about 1 week). I can say my order took much longer, but it was not considered a "Quick Ship".
post #3 of 11 Old 09-11-2012, 10:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 52
2 weeks really isn't long for a furniture order/delivery.

Stargate Cinema, Spaceman said, is a good choice to look at; I have bought from them before (not seating, other products) with no problems. There is also HTMarket.com, however i have not purchased from them so I don't have any personal experience with them. Look for their Quick Ship and/or In Stock items. You will be limited to that specific stock supply, but is most likely your only way to get it a bit faster.

Don't forget that seating almost always ships truck freight as well, so that alone can be a week to schedule, pack, and deliver. Oh, on that note, since they do ship truck freight, be prepared to unload them off the back of the truck yourself. Usually there is an option to have them delivered into your garage, at an additional charge, or to have them delivered into your actual room and even setup, also an additional charge. Just a heads-up so you're not surprised when a semi truck stops in front of your house and you have to figure out how to get the boxes into your house.
post #4 of 11 Old 09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
post #5 of 11 Old 09-11-2012, 06:37 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Why are you against electric recline? Cost?
post #6 of 11 Old 09-12-2012, 07:30 PM

Liked: 12
Remember the manual seats only have a couple of stop positions. The electric seats can be set to any position and stay there. Roman's prices look pretty good for even motorized seats.
My 0.02.

Good luck
post #7 of 11 Old 09-13-2012, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

Why are you against electric recline? Cost?

Maybe he's Amish? biggrin.gif
post #8 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Haha yea my horse and buggy cant handle the extra weight of the motors.

The real reason is the extra $ as well as that I did not build in any outlets for the seats in my setup, would have been easy but that in addition to the extra expense I just decided to get manual recline. Heres how everything ended up I have a thread in the construction fourm for my build as well.

post #9 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 108
ALWAYS go with Roman. I tried to save a little bit of money (not much even) by using theaterseatstore.com and had many problems with them.

(What happened with me)
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1350179/making-the-bacon-race-theater/540#post_21077092
post #10 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah I know everyone loves Roman, I really didnt want power so I went with Theaterseatstore.com ant they actually did great for me. Shipped the same day I ordered both times (I ordered 4 and then later another 3) and both times received my order within 5 business days. The set of three I ordered on Tuesday and had them on my door step Friday afternoon. Sorry you did not have such good luck.
post #11 of 11 Old 10-08-2012, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlandsman View Post

Yeah I know everyone loves Roman, I really didnt want power so I went with Theaterseatstore.com ant they actually did great for me. Shipped the same day I ordered both times (I ordered 4 and then later another 3) and both times received my order within 5 business days. The set of three I ordered on Tuesday and had them on my door step Friday afternoon. Sorry you did not have such good luck.

It happens. I think a lot was that 1) They were not in stock when I ordered. 2) Berkline stocks were in the transition period to becoming "Lane" for some models 3) The box said one thing and contained another
They even sent me new tray tables TWICE, and both times the size of the pin was too big for the chairs. So funny. Still, I am glad everything went well for you!
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page