Screen wall after carpet is installed? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-09-2012, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I was wondering how many of you built your screen wall after the carpet was installed? I was thinking of doing it this way since I have a very small room and will try to get away with a very shallow (10") screen wall. Thus, I will have smaller speakers than I would like. If it doesn't work out to my liking I would like to move the screen wall out another 4-6". Plus, if we decide to move it will be nice that the new owners could opt out of the theater and remove the screen wall. If you guys did it this way would you mind showing me some pics or whereabouts it's detailed in your build thread?

I was thinking of trying something like Big's minimalist approach and using adjustable "feet" at the ceiling to stabilize the vertical poles. Something like Monte Kay used on his ridiculous line array speakers:

http://www.mfk-projects.com/images/Home%20Theatre/main%20speakers/top%20mount.jpg

Any ideas or pointers is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-09-2012, 06:24 PM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 580
I don't see a problem with doing the screen wall after the carpet, As for the ceiling stabilization I just put a few screws up into the drywall and call it a day. They can easily be removed and the holes patched. On the bottom you can just put a couple of finish nails through the carpet and if you remove them later nobody will ever know.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page