Fall Frenzy, Curve Frenzy, Man of Steel theater (You pick) - BIGmouthinDC hits the road again - destination Columbus, Indiana - Page 19 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 983 Old 01-06-2013, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyD360 View Post

I'm guessing a change of underpants required after that?? biggrin.gif
Which Panamorph are you using?? My M480SYS came with instructions encompassing about 4 different plates, although the plate I have is of course JVC specific.

HAHAHA.......Actually the pucker factor when soo high soo fast it actually took me a while to find my underpants! eek.gif I can safely say that everything is now back to its original (and clean) positions! smile.gif

Regards,

RTROSE

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
Enjoying my "almost done" theater.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 983 Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 632
I have a neighbor who thought he could take down his Sony projector, something he did not install himself as he prepared to move. I'm told the landing cracked the case and he hasn't had the nerve to pull it out of the box at his new house.

JEFF PARKINSON

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
post #543 of 983 Old 01-07-2013, 03:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGmouthinDC View Post

I have a neighbor who thought he could take down his Sony projector, something he did not install himself as he prepared to move. I'm told the landing cracked the case and he hasn't had the nerve to pull it out of the box at his new house.

That's precisely why I love that my home insurance covers accidental breakage smile.gif
Very handy, especially if you have an older AVR that needs upgrading and happens to occupy a conveniently precarious storage position... wink.gif

My build thread:
post #544 of 983 Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was reading through the thread and know that you guys used 2x4 ripped down to make furring for the fabric. My question is did you put the furring up and staple the fabric on them?
post #545 of 983 Old 01-07-2013, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexMan View Post

I was reading through the thread and know that you guys used 2x4 ripped down to make furring for the fabric. My question is did you put the furring up and staple the fabric on them?

I guess "Big" will answer this correctly he used two different methods.

post #546 of 983 Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 632
Vikram is right where possible I did old school with furring on the wall, in some spots where there wasn't a strategy to hide the staples we built frames.

JEFF PARKINSON

PROJECTS:
post #547 of 983 Old 01-08-2013, 07:08 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Vikram is right where possible I did old school with furring on the wall, in some spots where there wasn't a strategy to hide the staples we built frames.

Thanks Big! I might want to go that route with my build.
post #548 of 983 Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by vikgrao View Post

Just did a little shopping at Home Depot not to long ago after Consulting with the "Big" Bossman! smile.gif need to order some more stuff online later.

Toys! biggrin.gif

Some suggested purchases to go along with your shop vac - pick up a round dusting brush and an extra filter. They don't include the brush in the kit (at least, they didn't in mine), but I have found that the brush is the most useful attachment you can have. I got the extra filter for ease of cleaning. The 'nice' filters for the Ridgid can be washed to get them really clean, but if you only have one filter you should wait for it to dry before putting it back in. With two you can empty the can, put in the alternate filter, and wash and air dry the original filter.

It looks like the rest of the toys you picked up will make plenty of dust, so you should be able to put that shop vac to use right away. And remember, pictures or it didn't happen! biggrin.gif

Chris

"It hurts to admit when you make mistakes - but when they are big enough, the pain only lasts a second."
--Despair, Inc. "Regret"

post #549 of 983 Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks Chris, I will buy the round brush. I have the other stuff smile.gif

post #550 of 983 Old 01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, I made it back to Vik's today and in the meantime he had reached out to Panamorph to describe to them the issues we were having. Come to find out we had a kit with the newer current hardware but old directions. Hmmmm......no wonder Vik and I were confused Sunday trying to assemble the mount. Go figure we had what we needed all along but I just did not know it. redface.gif Tonight we just finished up mounting the lens plate to the PJ locating the Chief mount on the mounting board and getting that mounted and then the mounting board onto the bolts that were previously located during the build. Did not think about pictures though sorry, but I assure you that they would not have been all that exciting.

A quick trip to Menards for the mounting hardware and back to Vik's house and we were pretty much in business. I did drill four of the ugliest holes I have ever drilled in drywall to provide clearance for the Chief mounting bolts. Lucky for Vik (and me) they will be covered by the mounting board. Then I got a call that one of my kids was sick so we had to end the night by doing a really quick test fit of the mounting board, but did not get a chance to actually hang the PJ. frown.gif Sorry Vik.

Vik says that he thinks that we have it far enough along that he can finish the rest. I'm excited to see the rest of this come together with the completed lens assembly and the audio. Can't wait.

Regards,

RTROSE

Now a Certified Carpet Counselor and Plumbing Counselor (Self given titles - pay no attention).
post #551 of 983 Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks RT for going above and beyond in helping me out the last few days regarding the projector and communicating with Panamorph. Really appreciate your passion for HT, and still cannot believe how you drove down to help me out straight after your busy work day instead of going home. I will hopefully finish up the rest and make you proud! Hope you son is feeling better.

Beer Party, the long due pics will be posted soon!

post #552 of 983 Old 01-10-2013, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTROSE View Post

HAHAHA.......Actually the pucker factor when soo high soo fast it actually took me a while to find my underpants! eek.gif I can safely say that everything is now back to its original (and clean) positions! smile.gif

Regards,

RTROSE

LMAO!! The pucker factor hehe. Man that would have made me poop a little too whew!

JBL Pro Cinema
post #553 of 983 Old 01-11-2013, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Rumor going round is that Vik has hung the projector. Say it ain't so Joe! Is this the end of all progress on the "Curve Frenzy Theater"? Stay tuned! Same curvy time, same curvy channel!

Regards,

RTROSE

post #554 of 983 Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 68
RT,

Oh No !!!
Yet another excellent build thread slipping thru the black hole into Logan's Dimension X ....

Cuzed2
Check out a video of my

Officially Hanesamatized on 8/1/09

post #555 of 983 Old 01-11-2013, 07:26 PM
AVS Special Member

I know! Problem is I may have had something to do with this. All the preplanning and warnings about not doing so, there is just a certain temptation when that beautiful PJ is just sitting there begging and mocking you to hang it up. We'll see if Vik is even too distracted by the PJ to even take pics.

Time will tell.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #556 of 983 Old 01-12-2013, 12:33 AM
Advanced Member

All is well biggrin.gif after i got it hanged i just watched for 15 mins and it looked awesome... then i turned it off and continued doing other stuff. I vowed to myself that i will not take pics untill after everything else is done..rolleyes.gif

post #557 of 983 Old 01-12-2013, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

All is well biggrin.gif after i got it hanged i just watched for 15 mins and it looked awesome... then i turned it off and continued doing other stuff. I vowed to myself that i will not take pics untill after everything else is done..rolleyes.gif

Good man it can be hard to fight that temptation. I'm real excited to hear your audio impressions!

JBL Pro Cinema
post #558 of 983 Old 01-12-2013, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Don't worry, the day I got my PJ, I immediately opened it up and watched some tv, on the plain old white basement wall. Put a big smile on my face, then packed it right back up. My room isn't even drywalled.

post #559 of 983 Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM

Liked: 21
I don
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragged View Post

Don't worry, the day I got my PJ, I immediately opened it up and watched some tv, on the plain old white basement wall. Put a big smile on my face, then packed it right back up. My room isn't even drywalled.

I don't have that control. Set it up on coffee table showing on blinds and couldn't bring myself to stop.. 30 hours on the pj (all movies) and counting (since Xmas eve).

Still about 2 months to room completion, see if we crack 100hours.

My build thread:
post #560 of 983 Old 01-13-2013, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
I had the panormph UH480 sled, but ended up selling it. I watch 1.78 content in some variation of cropped/stretched mode (lol). I live for 2.35 and I keep the lense in place at all times.

Current Projects:

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #561 of 983 Old 01-13-2013, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Someone told me that there were going to be some pictures posted here to show some progress. That person shall remain nameless (Vik) so as to protect the innocent.........

Now if we could only see a pic or two of that nice new projector in its new home........sigh.

Regards,

RTROSE

post #562 of 983 Old 01-13-2013, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
^+1

Bring on the pics! biggrin.gif

A DIY high school project (now complete and being enjoyed everyday)

post #563 of 983 Old 01-13-2013, 10:13 PM
AVS Special Member

+2!!!!!!biggrin.gif

JBL Pro Cinema
post #564 of 983 Old 01-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Advanced Member

Sorry Guys! biggrin.gif Was on the road all day...i will upload some pics tonight! biggrin.gif

post #565 of 983 Old 01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
Advanced Member

Took a few random screenshots with el cheapo camera! Projector was in out of box thx setting no adjustments, Panamorph lens was mounted but no fine adjustment was done. I noticed immediately the camera was not able to capture how good the picture was on the screen. Need to buy a better camera. Source was mostly not full HD!

Once everything is calibrated i will post again. All technical questions regarding the picture quality and projector will be answered by RTRose since i am still in the learning stage and this is my first projector biggrin.gif

I am extremely happy i chose 140 inch scope screen, The panorama shots in various clips i viewed were amazing. Sorry i did not stand beside the screenshots to show how big the image looked!

elmalloc likes this.

post #566 of 983 Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
That looks sweeeeeeet!!! biggrin.gif

A DIY high school project (now complete and being enjoyed everyday)

post #567 of 983 Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Lookin great!! Its hard to get any camera to actually recreate whats on the screen. That said the blacks look excellent on the Infinitum logo screen.

JBL Pro Cinema
post #568 of 983 Old 01-15-2013, 04:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 36
Scope, or NOTHING! We need T-shirts to spread the word.

Do you keep the LED rope lighting on while watching? Are you using lutron or some programmable lighting?

In my theaters I installed some cheapo lutron switches so we can control them via IR codes. When I hit play, lights go off. When I hit pause, lights dim to 20% so people can see the exit for some reason.

Also what remote are you using? I have like 4 or 5 Logitech harmony ones in the house, but they are not good enough for a theater room. I want a big panel touch screen. Wish it was integrated into the room, I will have to work on that in the other room.

Current Projects:

ON HOLD - Building Home Gym.
ON HOLD - Building Simulation Room (Eyefinity).
ON HOLD - Building Theater room (Sim2 HT380, 2.35 14ft wide).
post #569 of 983 Old 01-15-2013, 05:00 AM
Advanced Member

Thanks guys! Yeah scope or nothing for sure!
I have 6 insteon dual band switches controlling the lighting in zones. The interface i have to still buy is ISY99i pro kit . Then i can control and do all the dimming and scene setting via IRule. So the final remote for lighting and equipment will be my iphone or ipad with irule. I do have a logitech and rf blasters, but not sure if i will use it.

post #570 of 983 Old 01-15-2013, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Very nice Vik, very nice! Glad you finally got around to posting some pics. Ya know round here in these parts if there is no pics, then it didn't happen! biggrin.gif Pics are proof of progress!

On a side note to everyone else Vik is now teasing me with a "full on" demo with video and audio. He has to nail a couple of things down, but he assures me I will be on the "front lines" of getting the system up and running.

Regards,

RTROSE

Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page