Need Help! Connecting Projector with Minimum # Holes in Ceiling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have three holes in my theater room under construction... and would like to reduce it to two... or even one. Unfortunately, the guy who did the work is jail for a DUI and cannot be reached. So, here's the situation as reflected in the photo below. The hole with the two electrical wires is for a light fixture... I'm okay with the that... and it's actually a fourth hole. The hole with one electrical wire is for the power to the projector. The rectangular box has CAT 6 cable in it. The round hole is for HDMI and future proofing. I'm told the yelow electrical wire can't come out of the same box as the CAT 6 cable. I also don't understand why the HDMI cable can't come out of the same box as the CAT 6. The painters are coming on Monday and I could sure use some help. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 05:00 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 632
ALL my wires come down the down rod of my Chief Mount. There is a way to do it code legal and then there are shortcuts. Code legal would involve a hidden recess in the ceiling with an outlet side by side with the LV box. You cover that recess with a REMOVABLE plywood hatch that the projector mount is attached to and bring all the wires down the tube.

DSC03072.jpg

JEFF PARKINSON

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
PROJECTS:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 05:04 AM
HOME THEATER CONTRACTOR

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 323 Post(s)
Liked: 632
DSC03042.jpg

DSC03044.jpg

JEFF PARKINSON

PROJECTS:
post #4 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks BIG!!! Your response is just what I was hoping for!
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page