How much of the stage should be carpeted? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 06:58 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Getting ready to order carpet and was wondering what folks have done with the stage - carpet the whole thing or only up to the screen wall?

Visit the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.0 done and finally posted! - 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
If you screen wall sits flush on the stage, I don't really see any reason to carpet behind it.

Jason

post #3 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 08:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 98
I would have them measure everything in front of the screen. If they are able to do that area with very little waste, skip the area behind the screen. If you end up with a significant amount of waste, ask them to do the area behind the screen, or you could simply throw some scraps back there.

If your stage has the same carpet as the rest of the room, you may end up with very little waste. The carpet on my stage is a different color than the rest of the room (solid black), so I'll have quite a bit of waste from covering such a small area.

Spaceman Theater Build

post #4 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 08:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I did the entire stage. By the time I got to where my screenwall is, it was only another 18" or so to the back wall, and my stage is only 12' wide, so it was easier to do the whole thing.

Tom Logan
Everytime I reply the thread ends
Need motivation? Get LOGANED

An as-yet un-named theater designed by Big-WarrenP-BritInVA
post #5 of 5 Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Carpet will be the same on stage as rest of room. Mainly wondering about Sub/speaker performance with it carpeted vs. not. I do have about 2.7 feet behind the screen, so it would be a relatively large area.

Visit the

2.0 done and finally posted! - 

And now...
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page