The Stonewater Cinema Build Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #901 of 930 Old 05-03-2014, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Great choice in a saw, Tim! My painter bought one of these and it ended up on a job (don't ask). I found it very well designed and adjustments were quick and easy. I especially liked the way the rails pulled out to 50". Great price with all the accessories too! Just make sure the bolts in the cross brace (just above the wheels) stay tight or the whole thing wobbles. Enjoy...when you get a chance.

I can sympathize about the space. One of my daughters finished university and I just moved two e250 van loads back home. I have no clue where it is going. My wood and tools is already filling my "theater shop".

Winterfell theatre build - working title
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #902 of 930 Old 05-04-2014, 07:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 589
I am excited to see the stain and veneer. What does typical veneer cost? Where do you get it, you finish it similar to real wood right ? But the idea it's cheaper to cover something else that's less expensive right? I've been struggling with painted vs wood stain finish in my own choice, obviously painted is cheaper and easier.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #903 of 930 Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mfusick View Post

I am excited to see the stain and veneer. What does typical veneer cost? Where do you get it, you finish it similar to real wood right ? But the idea it's cheaper to cover something else that's less expensive right? I've been struggling with painted vs wood stain finish in my own choice, obviously painted is cheaper and easier.

Veneer varies so much depending on wood species and thickness. I recently paid $129 for 4x8 sheets of Knotty Alder veneer which will be used for coffer ceiling. Stuff adds up!

What doesn't make sense.....I can purchase 3/4 inch Knotty Alder plywood for same price as paper backed veneer. confused.gif

Sure you can find it cheaper, but at cost of quality and thickness of veneer. Can't imagine prices for exotic wood veneers.....eek.gif
post #904 of 930 Old 05-04-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

I'm not into exotic, I'd look for a good blend of aesthetics and cost. Value would be my priority. I don't know too much about different woods or veneers, but I think I'd like a wood stained finish. My alternative is painted trim and wood which is easier and cheaper because I can use cheaper materials like pine or MDF if I am painting over them, and labor is less on painted versus stained and gloss.

-

"Too much is almost enough. Anything in life worth doing is worth overdoing. Moderation is for cowards."
post #905 of 930 Old 05-04-2014, 09:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm not into exotic, I'd look for a good blend of aesthetics and cost. Value would be my priority. I don't know too much about different woods or veneers, but I think I'd like a wood stained finish. My alternative is painted trim and wood which is easier and cheaper because I can use cheaper materials like pine or MDF if I am painting over them, and labor is less on painted versus stained and gloss.

Well............

If you have time, search for suppliers trying to desperately get rid of stock...................oak (white or red), ash, birch and sometimes Mahogany can be had for reasonable prices.......ie. less than $60 a sheet.  Oaks........whether red or white are your best bet.................both are out of popular main stream now.

10 years ago, Alder was considered crap wood....................cheap and easy to find a bargain!  Not anymore...................one has to pay a premium for rustic grade Alder.  I deal with raw saw logs on a regular basis.............it's my second job sort of.  Prices go up and down like a sine wave...........you just have to find the right species and hit the trough!

In our current home, we have 1200-1300 sf of hardwood flooring.  We wanted to use Rustic Pine but the wood is too soft.............the alternative was to use Australian Cypress which is hard to find and you have to pay a premium!  Start of my search, I was looking at $9-10 a sf for unfinished 4" tongue and groove............by researching and doing my do diligence.............I found a supplier trying to unload their stock of Australian Cypress since they were not going to carry species due to lack of sales.  Well, to make a long story short, I was able to score 1500 sq for less than 1/2 of what others distributors wanted..................................worked out great, found someone willing to unload their stock for fire sale price!

Just keep looking................when you find a reasonable price, jump on it immediately!

post #906 of 930 Old 05-05-2014, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Wow, nice score on that table saw!! I'm also looking for a "gently used" saw on CL, and I know exactly what you mean on the quality of most of the used stuff out there...
post #907 of 930 Old 05-05-2014, 07:58 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowger View Post

Wow, nice score on that table saw!! I'm also looking for a "gently used" saw on CL, and I know exactly what you mean on the quality of most of the used stuff out there...

I've had my eyes out for a good deal as well. I'm looking for a full sized contractor saw. My back up plan might be that Rigid model for $600 if I don't find something over the next few months. I'm not using a table top, once you get used to a bigger one it's tough. Any models you recommend ? My budget is under $1000.

-

post #908 of 930 Old 05-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Congratulations on the new little one.. Beautiful saw.. that was on my short list with the Ridgid R4510 a couple of years ago, but at that price I wouldn't have needed a list...

My Basement HT Construction ~ Faster than the speed of Dark

"I've cut that piece 3 times and its still too short..."
post #909 of 930 Old 05-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Advanced Member

Ran across pics of a very classy art deco type entrance and thought of your storage room, Thought Id share.

photo Theater-Entrance-1.jpg
Daniel Chaves likes this.

post #910 of 930 Old 05-07-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
AnalysisParalysis Analyst

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Brad - thanks for sharing the photo. Do you have a web link for where you found this image? I recognize that metal insert in the columns as TK Living's (Cineak) Ritz style. I called for pricing on this exact insert about a year ago and I have to say that it definitely was not in the budget....something like $2500 each, plus shipping. With 8 columns I couldn't (wouldn't) drop 20 grand on just the inserts. I still love the look and that door is incredible!! eek.gif

I know there is no progress without pictures....so here is verification that the theater has been fully converted into storage:

and the chairs / screen:

and what good would this post be without a picture of the new little one...biggrin.gif

@Mfusick - regarding some of your questions above....I don't have a specific saw recommendation as I just happened to do a Craigslist search at the right time and found a really super-clean one at a great price. I forwarded the link to two woodworking friends who both gave the "thumbs up", so I jumped on it. As for the veneer pricing, that was another bargain score. Back when the world was coming to an end financially in 2009, a large auditorium project using high-end African Mahogany veneer was cancelled. I ended up buying 30 full 4'x8' sheets for a very nominal cost. I plan to build my own vacuum press (from a plan/kit) and apply the veneer to 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood. My estimate is that I will land around $3500 for all the woodwork in the theater including the door and all moldings....hopefully less. The moldings will be a contrasting color in a darker walnut stain, so I am leaning toward the least expensive hardwood with a tight grain, probably Poplar or Maple, for all the moldings to save a chunk of $$ vs. using African Mahogany solids. Does that address your questions? And by the way, when are YOU starting a build thread???
post #911 of 930 Old 05-07-2014, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 172

It's as if the clarity of vision from dimension X was foresight. Such is the reality of dimension X.

(I'm sure it's just temporary. I certainly hope it is. smile.gif )
BrolicBeast and TMcG like this.
post #912 of 930 Old 05-07-2014, 07:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member

lol tongue.gif

That picture with the caption is awesome. You just need the date on it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMcG View Post

@Mfusick - regarding some of your questions above.... And by the way, when are YOU starting a build thread???

That's a great question!

Tomorrow (Friday 5/9/14) first thing in the morning my wife and I are expecting the birth of our boy/girl twins via scheduled Caesarean section, and I have a feeling I'll be busy for a while with her recovering and my doing the heavy lifting and adjusting to being a new dad. My original plans were to have started the remodel last fall but a few complications got in the way- The pregnancy being one of them. The permit process being another. We did not have enough clearance from one of our property lines as required by town building code, which requires a Zoning board of appeals process for a variance approval- which takes 3 months. We negotiated with our neighbors to purchase about 30 feet of land along our property line to give us the required space we need, and to also allow us a larger garage and theater. We originally planned on this spring to break ground but then decided it's probably best not to bite off more than we can chew at this point with the little ones coming. Now the plan is to adjust to life with the babies and break ground at the end of the summer.

In many ways I am happy it's turned out this way. I am happy and excited to be a father, and I am happy that my remodel project is more aligned with my creating a dream home (and dream theater) and the size/space problem is being dealt with. Even though we probably can't afford it- we decided to take the plunge and go all in. I might not finish rooms (like kids bathroom or whatever) for years to come due to no $$ - but at least I will have the shell completed. I have a feeling I'll be chasing this remodel for a decade wink.gif
The other reason I am pretty happy for the delay is because I feel like I know a lot more today than I did 6 months ago- and this should pay dividends when it comes to designing and building the theater. I have been devouring information at a rapid pace. I am the type that can retain a lot without a lot of effort and I remember things I read easily. I might not know I know something until it pops up and then I will remember and this should also help when the theater gets underway.

At this point the plan is to focus on being a dad and finalize the land purchase in the next few weeks. Once the land is purchased officially and recorded as record we will apply for permit approval and I plan to begin in the late summer or Fall of 2014 our remodel project. During this project we will be removing the entire roof off the house and rebuilding it after adding a full second floor to the home (I have a cape style now) and also extending the second floor 12 feet back to make it larger. The second floor will be supported by lolly columns (metal tubes with concrete inside) for now- but later on I plan to circle back and enclose off that area making it a 3 seasons porch that is not heated or cooled but should be a large long room that should be pretty cool and open up to the back yard with patio stone, fire pit, grill area and deck. All this will be on hold for now due to budget, but it's being anticipated in future years when I have the funds and time to do it. We are also tearing down our existing side porch and car ports and building a two story breezeway/mudroom between the house and the new garage and theater above it. The breezeway room will server as the entrance to the theater, and possibly the AV closet. It will be 2 story high for half, and open for the other. I plan to have a loft room effect looking down- and do something cool with the stair to the theater. The loft room will probably server as a family computer den or something is my guess. The first floor is already remodeled recently but will be opened up to be open floor plan with stairs in the center- the dining room/kitchen will be one half the house. The other side of the stairs will be combined into one big living room so the entire first floor is living space and open. My bedroom will have a door and walkway to the theater through the loft room- and the kids rooms will be on the other side of the house so I can crank the theater as loud as I want late at night biggrin.gif

I don't plan to start a build thread for my theater until I am officially underway. This will be after the room is built. It might not be for many months from now so it seems premature to do it now. I'll likely post a few posts between now and then gathering advice and feedback and as a way to collect my thoughts and think things through with critique of the community to keep my in check. I feel like I should not start the official build thread until I am building- the first post would be the final plan and pictures of the bare room that is only studded shell of the room and before I start studding the double wall or run any wires or HVAC. The priority will be completing the new upstairs bedrooms and my master bath room before any serious work on the theater takes place. I only plan to have the contractor build the shell - the rest I will do myself due to budget. This means they will pour the cement, frame the exterior shell - install siding and roofing. Then I will take over inside. I plan to stud the interior myself mostly because I want to be able to stand in the room myself and decide where the walls go for the bedroom, bathroom- how big things are etc.. I feel like I need to be in there to get it right, it's tough on paper. Non structural support walls to space off the areas I will do myself.

I think an electrical and plumbing license is required for those aspects so I am trying to figure out that part- Ideally I'd like to do a lot of the grunt work myself and just have someone give it a look over and sign off on it and make sure it's all up to code. I switched out my own fuse panel to a circuit breaker myself when I bought the home- and re-wired it all myself with new Romex and GFI outlets etc... I had to patch the walls to fix the holes I made and all that. My dad has 5 bathrooms I have helped him install in his home, including an outdoor bath we ran 80 feet of sewer line for across the yard to the pool area ourselves- Plus my own bath I redid so plumbing is like breathing to me it's so easy. That's another area I struggle with about the theater- should I plumb water to the bar area or not ? Noise being the concern.

I will do trim, put down the hard wood- install the bathroom fixtures, tile, and all that as well. I also plan to build my wife a walk in closet of her dreams. She got that HOUZZ app for iphone and she's been bookmarking and sending me pictures of walk in closets. I basically negotiated with her a trade of the theater for a walk in closet for her- one comes with the other is the deal. I struggle to explain to her she is showing me $60,000 walk in closets in Tom Brady's house for his wife and our entire project budget is about that. Then again, she has no clue what a theater costs and that's probably a good thing. By the time she finds out it will be too late tongue.gif

I have a feeling that even if I work like a dog - hard and consistently I might not get any serious progress done in the theater (the exciting parts) until this time next year. Studs, Wires, HVAC and all the ground work is boring stuff. The pictures are not exciting and the progress is not noticed easily by most. But this is where the theater is made and I plan to get all that right. I'll run the HVAC in a way it can be later converted to dedicated or it's own independent zone. I might end up needing two furnaces for my project so I could use my old one for the theater for now and then upgrade it. It's like 50 years old and not efficient but it otherwise works. Every couple years I replace the igniter switch for some reason it just fails and I have no idea why but for the little cost I just keep fixing it. I paid a guy the first time to do it- but I watched him and then realized the next time is was easy and I could do it myself. The furnace has like 3 parts total it's so old school so it's not that complicated. I plan to have it's own AC unit for the theater as well- but again this probably won't happen yet for budget reasons. But I will run it all so I can upgrade or add that in later. This theater should be as much a hobby as it will be a theater- probably something I chase for a long time.

When the shell of the room is built and constructed I will start my build thread with the first post being the plan and I will update it regularly with progress reports and pictures and try to archive the build process and the decisions and actions that happen along the way. I'll likely reserve the first 6 posts of the thread for finished pics in the second- and the rest can be a recap of individual things like before after pics, and milestones like stage, riser, AV closet and Bar area. Some of the best build threads are the ones that start with a great opening post, a good plan- and show and recap the process in the first page so someone can get a brief summary in a few high quality posts rather than read through 800 replies and pages. Trust me- it will happen!! biggrin.gif

I guess you (and I biggrin.gif ) will have to just be patient. Good things come to those who wait wink.gif I'm really excited about it all. I am excited to be a dad in less than 48 hours, and I am excited to build a dream home for my family that includes a full bore home theater, and a quality space I can redo or improve in the future. Everyone needs a hobby right ? I just worry that I am biting off more than I can chew ? Usually I rise to the occasion so I am hoping I do that here. My first post will basically include my plan and then explain my experience with building a home theater is ZERO, my budget is ZERO, My professional plans are ZERO and 100% self sourced, and my contracted professional labor/help is ZERO. The goal is clear - I want to build the best possible theater that I can for the absolute lowest possible cost. Should be fun right ? tongue.gif
cowger likes this.

-

post #913 of 930 Old 05-07-2014, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Hey buddy, you can start your build thread well in advance. It helps keep ideas flowing. I started mine last fall, and didnt move into the house until April of this year. By that point, I had so much ironed out with the help of those wh who have done it before, its crazy. I don't even have my professional layout yet, and still, so many details have been hashed out already!

Also, tonight is your last night as a non-parent! I know you're excited.
post #914 of 930 Old 05-07-2014, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Brad - thanks for sharing the photo. Do you have a web link for where you found this image? I recognize that metal insert in the columns as TK Living's (Cineak) Ritz style. I called for pricing on this exact insert about a year ago and I have to say that it definitely was not in the budget....something like $2500 each, plus shipping. With 8 columns I couldn't (wouldn't) drop 20 grand on just the inserts. I still love the look and that door is incredible!! eek.gif

I know there is no progress without pictures....so here is verification that the theater has been fully converted into storage:

and the chairs / screen:

and what good would this post be without a picture of the new little one...biggrin.gif

@Mfusick - regarding some of your questions above....I don't have a specific saw recommendation as I just happened to do a Craigslist search at the right time and found a really super-clean one at a great price. I forwarded the link to two woodworking friends who both gave the "thumbs up", so I jumped on it. As for the veneer pricing, that was another bargain score. Back when the world was coming to an end financially in 2009, a large auditorium project using high-end African Mahogany veneer was cancelled. I ended up buying 30 full 4'x8' sheets for a very nominal cost. I plan to build my own vacuum press (from a plan/kit) and apply the veneer to 3/4" Baltic Birch plywood. My estimate is that I will land around $3500 for all the woodwork in the theater including the door and all moldings....hopefully less. The moldings will be a contrasting color in a darker walnut stain, so I am leaning toward the least expensive hardwood with a tight grain, probably Poplar or Maple, for all the moldings to save a chunk of $$ vs. using African Mahogany solids. Does that address your questions? And by the way, when are YOU starting a build thread???

Dont think of it as storage....think of it as one giant floor-mounted diffusi8n panel! biggrin.gif
post #915 of 930 Old 05-08-2014, 01:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post

It's as if the clarity of vision from dimension X was foresight. Such is the reality of dimension X.

(I'm sure it's just temporary. I certainly hope it is. smile.gif )

That picture needs an audio soundtrack.... tongue.gif

I thought I was making good progress with the framing, double layers of ceiling drywall and HVAC when I suddenly found myself in dimension X. I am not sure how, but @tlogan6797 demonstrated amazing clairvoyance when I was "Loganed" last year as little construction has happened since. biggrin.gif But I'd like to think this trip to dimension X procrastination strategic delay was beneficial because it has given me the opportunity to design and pre-wire for multi-dimensional audio....sooooo....thanks Tom??

The delay is definitely temporary as I finish the rest of the basement. It's been tough to find the time lately, especially with my work travel schedule and several other obligations. My plan is to take some vacation time in the near future to finish the last of what needs to be completed before calling in the drywallers. The wife will be taking the baby away to Florida to visit friends during this time so I will have the house to myself and can make noise anytime I want, which will be a huge help.
cowger likes this.
post #916 of 930 Old 05-08-2014, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Tomorrow (Friday 5/9/14) first thing in the morning my wife and I are expecting the birth of our boy/girl twins via scheduled Caesarean section, and I have a feeling I'll be busy for a while with her recovering and my doing the heavy lifting and adjusting to being a new dad.

Congratulations!!! And buckle up....it's going to be a wild ride!!
Mfusick likes this.
post #917 of 930 Old 05-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Ran across the single picture on Pinterest.. google image search lead me to the web site of a Faux painter out of Chicago. (not pics of theater inside only a few of a wainscott)

Its deceiving but thats not actually one of Cine's (previous TK living) inserts.. There are a few slight differences.

I had priced TK inserts during my first build and your right the cost of those inserts is a very large pill to swallow..

I had pondered using sections of Floor screens/room dividers as a cheap alternative to the inserts at that time.. which led me to "Light Wave Laser"

They laser cut out of various woods, MDF, phenolic, acrylics.. becasue it appears the backing material in the pic I shared is acrylic.. it could be a possibility the insert actually came from these guys..

60$ hr for artwork.... $100 set up.. ~ $25-35 sq ft for the laser depending on material chosen.. I bet you can get all eight for ~ $250 ea... and finish as desired.. Check out thier PDF brochure.

post #918 of 930 Old 05-09-2014, 09:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:

Congratulations!!! And buckle up....it's going to be a wild ride!!

With twins, you'll be lucky to finish your build by 2018 unless you pay someone to do it. I had a single child and that delay was three years, and I worked my butt off to get it done before the second one came (three years later). And I paid people to help me get things done. Kids are freaking brutal and twins are double brutal. With our first, we had months of nighttime feedings and the second was worse. 8 months? I can't remember, I just know I got zero work done on my family room for well beyond a year. And after the second one came, I didn't get the projector and systems working in the now-complete family room (completed the week the second was born) for months. And that's just plugging things in!

On the other hand, about a year from now, they'll be walking and talking.

Bob
post #919 of 930 Old 05-09-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Did anyone else notice that their video streams are running better today? @Mfusick hasn't been on the forums in nearly 18 hours. wink.gif
cowger and BllDo like this.
post #920 of 930 Old 05-09-2014, 10:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctviggen View Post

With twins, you'll be lucky to finish your build by 2018 unless you pay someone to do it. I had a single child and that delay was three years...

We had a scare recently and the first thoughts in my mind weren't "am I ready for a college fund?" Or "am I ready to be a father?" The first thought on my mind was "BUT I JUST STARTED BUILDING MY THEATER AND IM NOT STOPPING......" I know it sounds crazy, but it's precisely how I felt.
post #921 of 930 Old 05-09-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

We had a scare recently and the first thoughts in my mind weren't "am I ready for a college fund?" Or "am I ready to be a father?" The first thought on my mind was "BUT I JUST STARTED BUILDING MY THEATER AND IM NOT STOPPING......" I know it sounds crazy, but it's precisely how I felt.

I hope your wife doesn't read AVS! smile.gif

I'd say you need HT rehab, but that probably applies to most of us here...

The Esquire Theater Construction Thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1289590
post #922 of 930 Old 05-09-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirBenji View Post

I hope your wife doesn't read AVS! smile.gif

I'd say you need HT rehab, but that probably applies to most of us here...

Lol biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulFred View Post

Did anyone else notice that their video streams are running better today? @Mfusick hasn't been on the forums in nearly 18 hours. wink.gif

What's that suppose to mean ? biggrin.gif
cowger likes this.

-

post #923 of 930 Old 05-09-2014, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post

That's too funny, man. You definitely have "the disease". biggrin.gif Daddy needs Atmos, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNKKNK View Post

...which led me to "Light Wave Laser"

Thanks for the link!! I ended up calling these guys over lunch today and they are the real deal - responsive experts who seem to have a real passion for what they do. I've already traded several e-mails with them and am expecting a quote next week. As you noted, they only deal in wood and polymers, but have an affiliation with an outside fabricator who will put their designs into metal. I need 1/8" steel plate for the subsequent nickel plating process, so they may be able to handle the entire fabrication and drop ship directly to the nickel plater I located in Tennessee where I can personally pick up the inserts when they are finished on one of my many trips through the state. It's really incredible what's out there if you look hard enough.

@Mfusick I hope your new twins and wife are doing well. Congratulations! Hopefully there's a Starbucks in the hospital is open 24 hours.... tongue.gif
post #924 of 930 Old 05-10-2014, 07:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Thanks for the link!! I ended up calling these guys over lunch today and they are the real deal - responsive experts who seem to have a real passion for what they do. I've already traded several e-mails with them and am expecting a quote next week. As you noted, they only deal in wood and polymers, but have an affiliation with an outside fabricator who will put their designs into metal. I need 1/8" steel plate for the subsequent nickel plating process, so they may be able to handle the entire fabrication and drop ship directly to the nickel plater I located in Tennessee where I can personally pick up the inserts when they are finished on one of my many trips through the state. It's really incredible what's out there if you look hard enough.

I'm contacting TLC, History or Discovery Channel suggesting a new "reality" show................................who needs the "American Pickers"  :rolleyes:

TMcG..................."Great Electronic Google King Internet picker!"  

Definitely has a "Go Green" twist...................

I'm just amazed at all the wheeling and dealing you accomplish...........................................

post #925 of 930 Old 05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Since he appears to be solidly loganed anyone want to guess how long before we get a real progress report with picture evidence ? smile.gif

-

post #926 of 930 Old 05-17-2014, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Since he appears to be solidly loganed anyone want to guess how long before we get a real progress report with picture evidence ? smile.gif

Well, the theater is solidly Loganed for the moment....but that doesn't mean I haven't been making progress on the structured wiring throughout the entire house and the last of the basement construction - both of which are not very photo worthy - but have taken up my limited spare time. Otherwise business travel has been unrelenting and of course I still have to be a Dad. smile.gif
post #927 of 930 Old 06-15-2014, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads out there!

Small update:
  • Work and fatherhood have been keeping me busy, but I am close to calling the inspectors back for my pre-drywall inspection.
  • I found the right closeout deal on 127 Philips Color Kinetics iColor Cove Powercore EC RGB LED light fixtures that I will be using in my perimeter soffit and in some areas of the basement since the walls are still open and the power supply had the capacity to handle the extra fixtures. My previous deal on the Powercore fixtures fell through and I was lucky to recoup all of my payment. The $29 per fixture street price would have been out of budget otherwise.
  • I ordered four IST UXL-18 subwoofer drivers to take care of the theater LFE. They are expected to ship late July. I already purchased four of the DIYSoundGroup 4cu. ft. subwoofer enclosures from the group buy a few months back. I added the flat packs to my stack 'o' stuff in my theater storage area...
  • Added an equipment list to the first post with most of my equipment, complete with hyperlinks.
post #928 of 930 Old 06-15-2014, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Sweet! Nice choice on sub drivers!
post #929 of 930 Old 06-15-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Nice subs!
post #930 of 930 Old 06-15-2014, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (38.4 KB, 133 views)
TMcG likes this.
Reply Dedicated Theater Design & Construction

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page